Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Up Close & Personal: SONAX Wheel Cleaner PLUS *NEW*

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/14, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Up Close & Personal: SONAX Wheel Cleaner PLUS *NEW*

SONAX, a German manufacturer of premium car care products, doesn't release new products often (at least not in the US market!), but when they do the industry pays attention. An analogy for my fellow auto enthusiasts would be Ferrari with the F40, F50, Enzo, and LaFerrari.

Now that I have your attention - introducing SONAX Wheel Cleaner Plus.

What is it?

SONAX Wheel Cleaner PLUS is a supercharged version of the award winning SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect. SONAX Wheel Cleaner PLUS is 30% stronger than its stable mate, making it the obvious choice for really dirty wheels. Like its counterpart, SONAX Wheel Cleaner PLUS turns red as it cleans! SONAX Wheel Cleaner PLUS is acid-free and safe on all wheel finishes.

Why should you care?

SONAX Wheel Cleaner Plus is perfect for the enthusiast that normally dreads cleaning their wheels. Why? Because it makes what used to be a laborious task quick and easy! SONAX Wheel Cleaner Plus removes brake dust and road grime faster than conventional wheel cleaners. If you like SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect, then you'll love SONAX Wheel Cleaner Plus.

SONAX Wheel Cleaner PLUS in action

My wife's Accord (Oh geeze, how cool does it sound to say that? I just got married less than 2 weeks ago and have yet to make that reference involving a car) had not been washed in about a month. Between family visiting, assisting Mike with his Detailing Boot Camp, getting everything ready for the wedding, etc etc etc - I simply didn't have time to wash her car (plenty of time to wash mine, though ).

Last Sunday was the first normal Sunday in about a month, so I gave the Accord a little TLC. I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to put SONAX Wheel Cleaner PLUS to the test.

How to use SONAX Wheel Cleaner Plus

Application of SONAX Wheel Cleaner PLUS mirrors that of most wheel cleaners, with the biggest factor making sure the surface is cool to the touch. I sprayed an ample amount of cleaner directly onto the surface and allowed it to dwell for about 3 minutes before agitating with my brushes of choice.

SONAX Wheel Cleaner PLUS went to work immediately, changing color to red as it dissolved ferrous (iron containing) brake dust particles.

Speed Master Wheel Brush

The Speed Master Wheel Brush is a must-have tool for proper wheel cleaning. Its long handle, reinforced flexible stem, and patented bristles make it possible to clean where no other brush is able to. Clean behind spokes, in between the brake caliper and the wheel barrel, and more!

Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush

The Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush is a specially designed short-handle wheel brush that is designed to gently clean delicate wheel finishes. Featuring all-natural feathered boar’s hair bristles, the Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush removes dirt, grime and brake dust from intricate wheel designs. Use the Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush to safely clean clear coated, anodized, polished, aluminum, painted, powder coated and chrome wheels.

Don't forget about the tires!

I cleaned the tires using BLACKFIRE All-In-One All Purpose Cleaner and a Short Handle Tire Brush. You can see how dirty the tires were after a month of driving around.

BLACKFIRE All-In-One All Purpose Cleaner can be used to clean virtually any vehicle surface (including leather), and it has long been one of my favorite tire cleaners.

Rinse!

You always want to make sure you thoroughly rinse a wheel after using a cleaner. This ensures no residue remains. After I rinsed the wheels, I dried them with a soft microfiber towel.

Summary

SONAX Wheel Cleaner Plus worked exactly as advertised, requiring less agitation than SONAX Wheel Cleaner Plus. This is due in part to its formula which is 30% stronger, making it that much easier to clean your wheels.

The tires were dressed with BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire Gel. It looks great on the Accord's Goodyear rubber, and it generally lasts a couple weeks (no sling either!). I found the best way to apply it is THICK, then allowing the gel a few minutes to soak into the tire, and then wiping off any excess with a microfiber towel. I call this the Nick Rutter method, and it works great.

On Autogeek.net

SONAX Wheel Cleaner Plus

BLACKFIRE All-In-One All Purpose Cleaner

BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire Gel

Speed Master Wheel Brush

Wheel Woolies Boar’s Hair Wheel Brush

Short Handle Tire/Wheel Brush

Last edited by Autogeek.net; 5/20/14 at 01:06 PM.
Old 5/20/14, 06:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
I gotta get me some of that stuff. Hey I just ran across this, pretty cool
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...explosion.html
Old 5/21/14, 12:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Being that I'm in Germany I have seen all of their stuff. I still prefer to use P21S wheel cleaner gel. I also use a boars hair brush but don't have the Speed Master yet. I have been meaning to get one though. Nice write up.