Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Ultima Waterless Wash +

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/11, 01:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultima Waterless Wash +

So, you guys know me, I try all kinds of stuff out there. So lately I've been using a lot of ONR when my car is pretty grungy but I have been hearing there is a new kid in town in the area of waterless wash. I was using CroftGateUSA's Aquanil-X and believe me it's awesome stuff but Ultima is apparently a game changer as it only costs $21 for a bottle of concentrate which dilutes to 5.5 gallons of product. Sounded too good to be true but from what I have been hearing from good sources this stuff is far and away tops. This is one reason I always stress to be open minded as new products are always hitting the market. I promise as soon as I get it I will do a head to head comparison. I also plan on doing a few write ups for you guys this weekend on my paint correction process utilizing Meg's Ultimate line up. More to come! But in the meantime has anyone out there tried Ultima yet?
Old 9/14/11, 01:37 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Keep us posted on the paint correction process. I am in need of some correction but not ready to start buffing on it yet.
Old 9/14/11, 02:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a question about Waterless wash,
1) Does this type of washing, wether it be this product or any other name brand put light swirl marks on the paint?
Recently I went out to a event and my car was pretty dirty from the light moisure left on the road from a earlier rain, Most people there pulled out there Icxe detail spray and went over the car. Ive never done that, Ive always waited to I was able to make car as clean as possible first.
So is this a N NO also ,USING Spray detail on a lightly soiled paint?
Old 9/14/11, 06:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Shawn, if used correctly, a waterless wash will not scratch. There are many factors to take into account though and dirtiness is one of them. Here's what I feel:

Quick Detailer (Ice, Meg's UQD or other): Used for removing light dust, finger prints, bird droppings or smudges. For example, you wash your car and it sits outside overnight and gets a bit dusty. This would be fine for a quick detailer.

Waterless wash (CroftGateUSA, Ultima, Opti-Clean): used to remove light to moderate road grime and dust that has contacted moisture and has become somewhat caked. Your situation you mentioned at the car show would be perfect or like if you drove back and forth to work for a few days. Waterless washes can work really well when you saturated a panel properly and work gently. That and they save a lot of time and effort.

Rinseless wash (Optimum No Rinse, DP, etc): used to removed moderate to heavier amounts of dirt. I've used ONR on my car in the past two winters on salt and grime that is caked on my panels and have NEVER had any marring. Again, the trick is to work gently. Obviously you wouldn't use this method if you went off roading but man oh man I've had my car filthy and this works.

Traditional wash: used when you get your car super grungy or haven't washed it in a while.

Personally, a waterless wash works great for me because I wash weekly and my car is garaged. For someone with a show car this is a great alternative to dragging out the bucket and hose and hey, no water spots if you have hard water!

Hope this helps!
Old 9/14/11, 07:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mach1mania
I have a question about Waterless wash,
1) Does this type of washing, wether it be this product or any other name brand put light swirl marks on the paint?
Recently I went out to a event and my car was pretty dirty from the light moisure left on the road from a earlier rain, Most people there pulled out there Icxe detail spray and went over the car. Ive never done that, Ive always waited to I was able to make car as clean as possible first.
So is this a N NO also ,USING Spray detail on a lightly soiled paint?
I'd be wary of quick detail sprays... I used some when there wasn't even any visible dust on my car (just to shine it up) and it scratched the paint on my hood. Had to use a high speed buffer to fix it...
Old 9/14/11, 08:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok, Sounds good, Thanks guys for the great advice and info .