Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Turtle Wax Ice...

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/06, 05:11 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turtle Wax Ice...

Any Comments? Best (cheapest) place to purchase? I've seen this & thought it's worth a shot. Let me know what you guys think...
Old 9/30/06, 06:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Stay far away. Go with Meguiar's or Zaino.
Old 9/30/06, 07:02 PM
GT Member

Bought the ice, then my Zaino came in. I'm so impressed with the Zaino, I was considering giving the ice away. Has anyone used it? Whats it Like?

Zaino
Old 9/30/06, 07:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Comments:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...turtle+wax+ice
Old 9/30/06, 07:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I buffed it off with a microfiber towel first and fininshed with a cotton diaper with no problems.
Old 9/30/06, 08:04 PM
GT Member

Meguiar's NXT Generation Liquid is awesome stuff. I admit I haven't tried anything else, and everyone seems to say Zaino is great, but Meguiar's gets my vote. Nothing but pleased. It looks great, lasts well, and applies easily and cleans up easily. Wipes right off the plastic molding, if you happen to get it on there.
Old 9/30/06, 09:59 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tedz Pony
Meguiar's NXT Generation Liquid is awesome stuff. I admit I haven't tried anything else, and everyone seems to say Zaino is great, but Meguiar's gets my vote. Nothing but pleased. It looks great, lasts well, and applies easily and cleans up easily. Wipes right off the plastic molding, if you happen to get it on there.
This stuff doesn't ruin plastic molding?? If so then I'm all over that
Old 10/1/06, 01:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

The NXT stuff really isn't a wax at all. It's more of a sealer and it's not going to provide any protection for a lengthy time. It's good for a few weeks maybe. Get a good carnuba wax.
Old 10/1/06, 03:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Zaino here!!

I use Zaino, it impressed me with how clean the car stays. Nothing sticks to it, love bugs wah right off, dirt dosent stick. And it shines like they say like a show car mirror finish. Expensive but good stuff.
Old 10/1/06, 07:17 AM
GT Member

Chuck, no, it doesn't. It wipes right off.

Jake, where'd you get that info? The Meguiar's website says it's good six months or so. And why do they call it wax if it's not? Not arguing, genuinely curious, because I want to take good care of my car, and I'm going to buy another thing of wax next week anyway. If this stuff's not as good as I've been telling people, I'd like to know. Thanks. Can you elaborate some more, though, please?
Old 10/1/06, 08:17 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Its a synthetic... as opposed to a real carnuba wax.

Does it protect/seal/shine... yes...
but there is no carnuba.
Old 10/1/06, 08:47 AM
GT Member

I've yet to see anybody mention ONE GRAND products....I've used them for over 30 years....they are a family business, used to be in Hollywood, now Ventura. The founder's sons run the business today, and they are real car guys. They will give you tech tips over the phone. I clay my car, use their glaze, and finish it with their Blitz Wax (pure coicidence, an old Porsche of mine is named Blitz)which comes off with amazing ease. Products sold through specialty shops or call @ 805/644-9791. Stores that sell their products tell me that those who use their products won't use anything else! You don't here much about them because much of their business is commercially based...very low key to the retail world (little hype, great performance)
Old 10/1/06, 10:12 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by timgriffeyfan
Any Comments? Best (cheapest) place to purchase? I've seen this & thought it's worth a shot. Let me know what you guys think...
Well it looks like most people are against using Ice or for something else.
Look at this thread too: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51892
Old 10/1/06, 12:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I used it the last time and didn't think it was horrible. Is it or will it be as good as $100 worth of Zaino?? No, probably not but I'm not spending $100 on wax for my car.

BTW, the car looked great when I was done and it still looks pretty good. Been about 3 months since application. I will probably do it again before winter.
Old 10/1/06, 12:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

I was going to try out ICE. I have been using meguires for a while now and the only issue I have with it is that it stauns the black trim on the car and is a real PITA to get out. I have heard that ICE won't do that.
Old 10/1/06, 12:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Chuck, no, it doesn't. It wipes right off.

Jake, where'd you get that info? The Meguiar's website says it's good six months or so. And why do they call it wax if it's not? Not arguing, genuinely curious, because I want to take good care of my car, and I'm going to buy another thing of wax next week anyway. If this stuff's not as good as I've been telling people, I'd like to know. Thanks. Can you elaborate some more, though, please?
Sure. I cruise around the svtperformance show n' shine forums a lot so I've learned most of my stuff from there.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=225724

There's an interesting thread about waxes. The differences between a glaze/sealer/wax are very fine. They can all basicly be called waxes but they do different things. Sometimes the best results are found combining them. It sounds like NXT is more of a sealer because it's a synthetic wax. Go figure. I just started using carnuba moose wax and I'm blown away by the difference from the NXT. For one, you don't even have to let it haze! Just wipe on, wipe off and you get a solid 3 months. Really easy stuff you use. I've heard if you use the NXT under the carnuba you get some really deep shines but I havn't tried it yet. I've also heard awesome things about the cleaner moose wax they have at clearkote. Here's their website:

http://www.specialtymotoring.com/clearkote.htm

If you call and say you're a member at SVT you get a 10% discount. Kind of cheating but I forgot to call last time so you can get my discount. lol.
Old 10/1/06, 01:52 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
I used it the last time and didn't think it was horrible. Is it or will it be as good as $100 worth of Zaino?? No, probably not but I'm not spending $100 on wax for my car.

BTW, the car looked great when I was done and it still looks pretty good. Been about 3 months since application. I will probably do it again before winter.
$100 worth of Zaino would polish your car for a number of years.
Old 10/1/06, 02:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

100 bucks of Zaino will last a LONG time, and provide multiple products. Heck, Souveran is 70ish bucks a can for a premium Carnuba wax.

People spend how many thousands of dollars on a vehicle, and arn't willing to invest a relatively insignificant amount on protecting and enhancing the number one most visible part of said vehicle.

Buy an Aspire imo.
Old 10/1/06, 06:29 PM
GTR Member

If i did not have a garage or cover my car 90% of the time at work,then I would go with Zaino.However,the way mine is babied ,I can get away with using Meguires..JMO
Old 10/2/06, 08:45 AM
GT Member

Just my 2 cents opinion. I have used several brands of wax/polish. I had never heard of Zaino until I started coming to this board. I bought some, tried it and I think it is by far the best I have used so far. It is the only thing I use now.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Ice...