Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Question about Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/07, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Zaino

I am using Zaino for the first time. I got the Z-7, claybar, Z-5, Z-2, Z-6, and ZFX

I emailed them about this question but their answer was less than helpful so I am wondering if any of you know the answer.

The website says to use ZFZ with Z-2 and Z-5, but since i bought and plan on using both, do i need to use it with both or just either one?

Next question, the site also says to apply a coat of Z-2 after Z-5 and then a coat of Z-6 in between each coat of Z-5 and Z-2.
So, do I apply Z-5, Z-6, then Z-2 or Z-5, Z-2, then Z-6 and repeat?
Old 8/2/07, 05:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I use ZFX with both the Z2 and Z5. After the Dawn, claybar thing, I use Z7,Z6,Z5,Z6,Z5,Z6,Z2,Z6,Z2,Z6 and so on. Good luck to you! (BTW, this takes me about 2-3 days) Something to remember with Zaino-dry time is not the same as cure time and humidity plays a huge role in dry time. A little really goes a long way-less is more!
Old 8/2/07, 10:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Z5 helps with swirls and scratches and Z2 is just polish. Use Z5 first and when your paint looks good switch to Z2 with ZFX added to both. Z6 in between coats as stated in the other post is recommended. If you really want to become addicted to Zaino, pick up some Z8.
Old 8/5/07, 11:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you Zaino guys want the smoothest possible paint, you need to buy the Z-AIO. After my claying I still wasn't 100% happy with the feel of my Roush's paint, so I hit it with the AIO and its glass now. The Z-AIO was the ingredient missing from the Zaino lineup imho, now we have perfection in our hands.
Old 8/22/07, 12:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TJ4Cam
If you Zaino guys want the smoothest possible paint, you need to buy the Z-AIO. After my claying I still wasn't 100% happy with the feel of my Roush's paint, so I hit it with the AIO and its glass now. The Z-AIO was the ingredient missing from the Zaino lineup imho, now we have perfection in our hands.
What layers are you using? Just AIO? AIO followed by CS? I'm running low on my Zaino and about to place an order, I've never tried AIO or CS. Thanks for any advice/help.
Old 8/23/07, 06:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 65205
What layers are you using? Just AIO? AIO followed by CS? I'm running low on my Zaino and about to place an order, I've never tried AIO or CS. Thanks for any advice/help.

OK, Z-AIO is a VERY light abrasive and protectant All In One......think cleaner wax basically. I would use it if its your 1st time zaino(ing) or about once a year on garaged vehicles. Z-AIO is great because you do not have to use ZFX after it unless you want to apply multiple coats immediately. You should not try to layer Z-AIO as it will remove itself if you try to apply it again.

After AIO I like to go to Z5 myself, or you may hit it with Z2....I like 2-3 coats of either one and on to Clear Seal.

Its a good idea to wipe the car down with Z6 or Z8 between applications of Zaino for the best effect. Z8 is twice the price of Z6, but if you are a rich man Z8 all the way!

Go on to your Z-CS and for the showstopper.......top your CS with Z8 and hang onto your hats!

IMO, anybody who uses Zaino must have a bottle of AIO in the lineup

Remember that if you already have used AIO you DO NOT need to use ZFX unless you plan on multiple coats. Easy enough? it really is especially after the initial prep work. Have fun!
Old 8/26/07, 09:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Is Z2 similar to Klasse's High Gloss Sealant Glaze? Everyone seemed to recommend Klasse AIO followed by the HGSG. However, I found that Klasse AIO was all I needed.

I plan to try Zaino in the near future and wanted to know what to get for vista blue. I don't plan to enter any car shows, but I want the longest lasting shine/protection possible.
Old 8/26/07, 02:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jeffd2385
I am using Zaino for the first time. I got the Z-7, claybar, Z-5, Z-2, Z-6, and ZFX

I emailed them about this question but their answer was less than helpful so I am wondering if any of you know the answer.

The website says to use ZFZ with Z-2 and Z-5, but since i bought and plan on using both, do i need to use it with both or just either one?

Next question, the site also says to apply a coat of Z-2 after Z-5 and then a coat of Z-6 in between each coat of Z-5 and Z-2.
So, do I apply Z-5, Z-6, then Z-2 or Z-5, Z-2, then Z-6 and repeat?
Originally Posted by 65205
I use ZFX with both the Z2 and Z5. After the Dawn, claybar thing, I use Z7,Z6,Z5,Z6,Z5,Z6,Z2,Z6,Z2,Z6 and so on. Good luck to you! (BTW, this takes me about 2-3 days) Something to remember with Zaino-dry time is not the same as cure time and humidity plays a huge role in dry time. A little really goes a long way-less is more!
OMG!

Old 8/27/07, 07:35 AM
Retired Tms Staff

I am not a fan of the Z5. No matter how many coats I applied it just would not hide the spiderweb looking swirls. So what I did was use 3M UltraFina SE first. That removes every little swirl. I then did Z5, Z6, Z5, Z6, Z2, Z8, Z2, Z8, Z2, Z8 and it looks great...well, it did 3 months ago Lengthy process. Even though I use the ZFX you can still only apply so many coats within 24 hours so the car just sat in the garage under a cover for a few days till it was all done. I am out of Z2 so I think I will place an order and add the Z-AIO as well...or what till next season since I am storing the car soon. Who knows what they will come out with next year.
Old 8/27/07, 08:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow, that seems excessive.

How good is Z-AIO? I do not want to use Z-1 through Z-26. I might as well just use Klasse AIO since it is cheaper and does the same job.
Old 8/27/07, 09:04 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Actually Klasse doesn't do the same job. I wouldn't consider what I did excessive. It all comes down to the look you want and how long you want it to look that way. On my wifes car I just did the 3m ultrafina SE, 1 coat Z5 and 1 coat of Z2. That was in April. Still beads just fine. Washed it yesterday and used Z8. Looks the same as the day I first did detailed in in April. I could never say that about any other product that I have used in the last 18 years.
Old 8/28/07, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
Wow, that seems excessive.
There are a lot of steps and layers, depending on the look you want. The Z6 and Z8 are sprays that go between layers and then used as a final step. It takes so long because when using the ZFX, you can only apply 3 layers of Z5 or Z2 in a 24 hour period because of cure time.(that's my understanding anyway) The dry time varies with the humidity. The products go on and off easily, no real effort.(just remember-a little goes a really long way) I try to baby this car, but it's her or the 65, so there are times she's in the rain or out in love bugs. This Zaino really seems to help. Not only does the car look great, but after a love bug swarm, she cleans up easily. My car is garaged, and I'm sure that helps, but this stuff lasts about 6 months, washing with Z7 and using Z6 afterwards. Black cars are a killer!
I can't wait to try the ZAIO,I hope it's as good as the other products.
Old 8/28/07, 10:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin
Actually Klasse doesn't do the same job. I wouldn't consider what I did excessive. It all comes down to the look you want and how long you want it to look that way. On my wifes car I just did the 3m ultrafina SE, 1 coat Z5 and 1 coat of Z2. That was in April. Still beads just fine. Washed it yesterday and used Z8. Looks the same as the day I first did detailed in in April. I could never say that about any other product that I have used in the last 18 years.
I put on one layer of Klasse AIO and it allows water to bead on my car for 12 months, even through winter (heavy road salt here in SE MI). When I wash it using cheap wash-n-wax that I buy from Wal-Mart, it looks brand new and continues to bead water.

So what does Zaino AIO or Zaino Z-2 offer over Klasse AIO?
Old 8/28/07, 12:42 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Well I have used Klasse AIO and it didn't last that long for me. Only about 4 months before I had to reapply. No worries, I am still in the ongoing quest to find the best solution out there, at least for me
Old 8/30/07, 03:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 124 Likes on 91 Posts
The level of hard-core paint love in this thread simultaneously impresses me and blows my mind.

Photos will never truly do justice to the sweat equity you folks are putting into your beautiful ponies. Wish I could see them all in person.
Old 9/6/07, 01:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
Is Z2 similar to Klasse's High Gloss Sealant Glaze? Everyone seemed to recommend Klasse AIO followed by the HGSG. However, I found that Klasse AIO was all I needed.

I plan to try Zaino in the near future and wanted to know what to get for vista blue. I don't plan to enter any car shows, but I want the longest lasting shine/protection possible.
I love the Klasse AIO. I tried the Klasse gloss after the coat of AIO and wasn't impressed either. I don't feel like it added much plus it was very hard to remove. I've heard of people using the K2 on top of the Klasse AIO and I might try that next time.

Which would you guys recommend for removing light swirl marks on my black '93 Cobra, the Klasse AIO or Z5?