Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Pics! FOUR HOURS of Detailing! Daily Driven with a Show Car Shine w/ Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/13, 03:06 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Toxix
And videography
Old 5/4/13, 03:16 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Even if I did not get many uses out of the Zaino, I would still buy it. The stuff is just that incredible. I tried it once a long time ago and was hooked. The way the sun/light hits the vehicle, it is just awesome!
This is a pic of the daily driver just after a wash about 4 weeks ago. She got the Zaino treatment BEFORE the rough winter we had in MA. That was about 6 months ago.
No quick detail spray on her or anything else in this pic, just a wash.

Last edited by Stage_3; 6/13/15 at 06:44 PM.
Old 5/4/13, 03:26 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Even if I did not get many uses out of the Zaino, I would still buy it. The stuff is just that incredible. I tried it once a long time ago and was hooked. The way the sun/light hits the vehicle, it is just awesome!
This is a pic of the daily driver just after a wash about 4 weeks ago. She got the Zaino treatment BEFORE the rough winter we had in MA. That was about 6 months ago.
No quick detail spray on her or anything else in this pic, just a wash.
LOL - Man, that durability is EPIC. I LOVE the Z-7 wash, always looks like I freshly polished, even after a 30 minute wash.
Like glass.
My stang has over 70,000k on it and still looks better than brand new...
I've stocked up on it quite a bit, I'm talking atleast 3-5 bottles of each product.
Old 5/4/13, 07:34 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

LOL - Man, that durability is EPIC. I LOVE the Z-7 wash, always looks like I freshly polished, even after a 30 minute wash.
Like glass.
My stang has over 70,000k on it and still looks better than brand new...
I've stocked up on it quite a bit, I'm talking atleast 3-5 bottles of each product.
LOL Yeah, I need to restock some Zaino supplies as well. I received my order of microfiber towels and inside the wheel cleaner for the daily driver today.
I have to admit, the wash is the Meguiars Gold Class car wash. I love that stuff. Works great, smells great and stays sudsy.
Old 5/4/13, 07:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
LOL, yes, yes it is

Start with the basics, like I did.
First of all riddle me these:

What color is your car?
Do you have a polisher/are you okay with doing things by hand?
Has your car ever been clayed?
Do you prefer an brands/fav companies?
Any heavy swirling/fine scratches on the paint itself?
  • Color is Deep Impact Blue.
  • No Polisher, no problem doing by hand. Wax on Wax off.
  • Have not clayed it yet. - I do have the Meguiars clay kit. I was going to try on one of our other cars, before using on my Stang.
  • I usually buy Meguiars since it is readily available, and Amorall for interior. I dont have a brand loyalty.
  • I have not noticed any swirling or scratches.
Old 5/4/13, 08:03 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

I do my polishing by hand.
Clay bar is important as a first step to get all contaminants off the car as to have a clean slate. Wash the car first with Dawn soap. Do not do this all the time. Do it when you want to start with a clean/clear slate. Overuse of Dawn will wear away on your clear coat.
Make sure you use a mixture of your car wash and water with a spray bottle while using the clay bar. Always turn the clay while using it and knead it. If you drop it on the ground, do not use that part any more. Whatever the clay picks up, will be scratching against your car, if you drop it and use it again. After claying, you should be able to put your hand in a plastic baggy and run your hand over your vehicle's paint and it should be smooth like glass.
After you finish claying, wash car again and apply your wax or polish. I don't use wax on any of my vehicles. I like the Zaino polish as it lasts a long time and makes the color of your vehicle "pop".
Just a rough idea of what needs to be done. If you go to youtube, they have videos and detailing tips.
Good luck. By the way, DIB will pop like crazy out in the sun if done correctly.
Old 5/5/13, 09:49 AM
V6 Member

LOL Yeah, I need to restock some Zaino supplies as well. I received my order of microfiber towels and inside the wheel cleaner for the daily driver today.
I have to admit, the wash is the Meguiars Gold Class car wash. I love that stuff. Works great, smells great and stays sudsy.
I haven't touched Meg's Wash - Once I used Zaino Z7, there was no going back for me. Its ability to restore gloss is quite amazing, think I'll be sticking with it for quite some time.

I also dilute it and use it as a clay bar lubricant .
Old 5/5/13, 09:51 AM
V6 Member

Clay bar is important as a first step to get all contaminants off the car as to have a clean slate. Wash the car first with Dawn soap. Do not do this all the time. Do it when you want to start with a clean/clear slate. Overuse of Dawn will wear away on your clear coat.
Make sure you use a mixture of your car wash and water with a spray bottle while using the clay bar. Always turn the clay while using it and knead it. If you drop it on the ground, do not use that part any more. Whatever the clay picks up, will be scratching against your car, if you drop it and use it again. After claying, you should be able to put your hand in a plastic baggy and run your hand over your vehicle's paint and it should be smooth like glass.
After you finish claying, wash car again and apply your wax or polish. I don't use wax on any of my vehicles. I like the Zaino polish as it lasts a long time and makes the color of your vehicle "pop".
Just a rough idea of what needs to be done. If you go to youtube, they have videos and detailing tips.
Good luck. By the way, DIB will pop like crazy out in the sun if done correctly.
+1 to everything!
Old 5/5/13, 10:04 AM
V6 Member

I stopped polishing by hand once I got my hands on Meguiar's 105 and 205, then couldn't put it away when I picked up Zaino.
Absolutely nothing wrong with doing it by hand, I've been there, done that.

If you're rather seriously about detailing and keeping your ride looking like glass, its time to ditch the department store products, these are filled with parrafin, minor amounts of carnuba waxes and are filled with silicone oils...

Just re-iterate Stage 3s info.

Start with a claybar to remove airborne contaminants, paint overspray, water spots, raildust, industrial fallout, diesel fuel & catalytic converter residue and any other bonded surface contaminants from paint.
At this point, clay is clay, anything will do. Follow hi steps

If you don't mind paying the shipping for Zaino (Trust me its worth it) I'd recommend a few products - But if you're going to do it, might as well do it properly.
Zaino works very well with eachother and less is more since nearly everything is so concentrated.

All that being said.

You have a dark colored vehicle try and get a hold of the following:

Zaino Z7 Show Car Wash
Zaino Z5 Polish
Zaino Z8 Finishing Spray

This is what I started off with, then got me hooked on Zaino, I have every single thing from Zaino aside for the Z3 (For non-clearcoated finishes)

Two bucket Wash - Wash the car with 2 capfuls of Z7 after claying and such or use your preferred wash.

Half an oz of Z5 Polish will give you two full coats, including glass on your car: This will look amazing. (See my video / Post on page 1) All this is with ONLY 2 coats of Zaino Z5, of course after a lot of correction with Meguiar's 105 and 205 mix, my paint was quite swirled and marred.

If you use the bottle wisely, you're looking at 30+ coats on your car without any issues.
I use it on the glass, windows, mirrors, lights - Everything except the plastic on the vehicle.

Z8 Finishing Spray is just to give it that killer pop, which will look amazing on DIB.
Old 5/5/13, 11:49 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Also, use a GOOD quality microfiber drying towel to dry the vehicle off. You don't want to leave scarring or marring on the paint after all that hard work.
Always use a GOOD microfiber polishing towel as well when removing polish/wax.
Old 5/5/13, 11:56 AM
V6 Member

Also, use a GOOD quality microfiber drying towel to dry the vehicle off. You don't want to leave scarring or marring on the paint after all that hard work.
Always use a GOOD microfiber polishing towel as well when removing polish/wax.

http://www.eshine.ca/the_dehydrator_...wel_20-458.php
http://www.eshine.ca/the_cookie_mons...e_free-453.php

These are where I get mine.

The Dehydrator and the Cookie Monster
Old 5/5/13, 12:06 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

This is where I buy my microfiber towels.
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-dwbt-2.html
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-dwdt-2.html
Old 5/5/13, 02:44 PM
V6 Member

Looks good man, I personally use a leaf blower to dry my car and the waffleweave much like the one you linked to dry the remaining spots.
Old 5/5/13, 06:36 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Looks good man, I personally use a leaf blower to dry my car and the waffleweave much like the one you linked to dry the remaining spots.

Keep up the good work brother!
Old 5/6/13, 08:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Thanks for the Tips Tox and Stage.
Old 5/7/13, 06:59 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
Thanks for the Tips Tox and Stage.
You got it. Don't forget, you get out of it, what you put into it.
The better the products/time applied, the better the paint/shine. Good luck.
Old 5/24/13, 07:27 PM

Car looks phenomenal but I'll be honest....dude in the hoodie was freaking me out a little bit!
Old 5/24/13, 09:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mikenapoli
Car looks phenomenal but I'll be honest....dude in the hoodie was freaking me out a little bit!
Hey!
Dude in the hoodie is me!
Old 5/25/13, 08:26 AM

Hey!
Dude in the hoodie is me!
Lol, in that case you have that whole intimidating thing working very well for you!
Old 5/25/13, 04:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car has small scratches/swirls in the paint. Would it turn out looking close to as good as yours without doing a paint correction procedure first?

Quick Reply: Pics! FOUR HOURS of Detailing! Daily Driven with a Show Car Shine w/ Zaino