Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Perma Plate installed, ? about IUP/ISAP wheel

Search this Thread

Old 4/9/05, 12:09 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I got the perma plate process installed today, and so far i'm pretty impressed with it. When I got the car back from ford is was shining better than new, and the interior was polished all throughout as well. I guess they coat the leather, interior panels, and the carpet as well as the paint. I'll have to see if this stuff will hold up and work like it says.

Here are some pics I took in the ford parking lot, with my bro's 93 LX 5.0 also.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Anyway I have a question about the ISAP/IUP leather steering wheel. When I baught the car the left alum panel on the steering wheel had some scratches and ford said they would replace it. So they ordered the part and it came in as the wrong side, so I told them to ship the correct side alum part to my house so I can install it myself. Does anyone know how easy it is to replace the alum spokes on the steering wheel? The sales guy said it just holds on with a couple clips.
Old 4/9/05, 03:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

what is perma plate?

Don't know about removing or replacing, but a little advice on removing... if you need to pry it off with a screwdriver/butterknife/etc, wrap the edge of the screwdriver/butterknife/etc in a thin peice of cloth. That'll prevent the hard edges from scratching, just in case you end up needing to replace the original.
Old 4/9/05, 04:40 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by mizanin@April 9, 2005, 4:53 PM
what is perma plate?

Don't know about removing or replacing, but a little advice on removing... if you need to pry it off with a screwdriver/butterknife/etc, wrap the edge of the screwdriver/butterknife/etc in a thin peice of cloth. That'll prevent the hard edges from scratching, just in case you end up needing to replace the original.

Thanks for the advice on the wheel. I figured perma plate was standard at ford dealers. It's something they offer with a new vehicle. It's like a paint, leather, interior, etc.. special coating that supposidly repels stains and what not. It also includes a warranty that again supposidly they will replace the paint, seat, carpet, whatever has the stain on it. I couldn't find any real data on it as far as people using it, but I figured I would give it a try.

http://www.permaplate.com/about.html