Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

ok...so i'm gunna get zaino bros.

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/04, 08:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys,

while i'm waiting on my 05 to arrive i've been dreaming of how to take care of it. from all the great recommendations and stories i've heard of zaino bros. i've decided to go with them.

i was going to get the ULTIMATE KIT to start off with, and replace individual items as necessary.

i've checked through the faq but couldn't really find the answers to my questions so i thought i'd ask here since many of you probably use their products.

so here goes:

1. i was wondering how long one of the waxings last? i know you put on the ZFX and the Z2 for a few coats and you get that glassy show car shine, but how often do you have to do this. the car will be garaged the majority of the time so that is a factor, but in general how often does this need to be done to keep a good coating on the car and maintain optimal shine level?

2. when it is time to rewax/repolish the car, how do you remove the old wax? i read on these forums that you need to take all the old wax off down to the paint, but i wasn't sure how you do that? i didn't see a polish remover in the zaino bros. kit, so what should i use? zaino bros. recommends washing the car with DAWN soap the first time before you use any zaino products, does that remove polish as well?

that's really all i can think of for now. thanks for any advice you can provide.

Old 10/12/04, 01:52 PM
V6 Member

I've been using Zaino for a couple years now, so hopefully I can help out here:

1. It'd be a safe bet to say it'll last at least 3 months. You only have to do the all-out job (clay bar and all) maybe once a year, and just apply the polish on the in-betweens. I polished my GT back in April, and water still beads amazingly well, even today. You can also hit it up with their Gloss Enhancer (like quick-detailer) every now and then, between polishes.

2. There is no Polish Remover that is sold, Dawn will do the trick.

One other little tidbit I've recently learned: after you've finished rinsing the car, and just before you dry it, spritz some of the Gloss Enhancer/quick-detailer over the whole car...then dry. I've noticed my car's been a little shinier after doing this.
Old 10/12/04, 02:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by IIGood@October 12, 2004, 1:55 PM
I've been using Zaino for a couple years now, so hopefully I can help out here:

1. It'd be a safe bet to say it'll last at least 3 months. You only have to do the all-out job (clay bar and all) maybe once a year, and just apply the polish on the in-betweens. I polished my GT back in April, and water still beads amazingly well, even today. You can also hit it up with their Gloss Enhancer (like quick-detailer) every now and then, between polishes.

2. There is no Polish Remover that is sold, Dawn will do the trick.

One other little tidbit I've recently learned: after you've finished rinsing the car, and just before you dry it, spritz some of the Gloss Enhancer/quick-detailer over the whole car...then dry. I've noticed my car's been a little shinier after doing this.
awesome. thanks for the info. it sounds like the zaino bros. is just amazing. polishing it 3 or 4 times a year deffinatly seems do-able. clar bar once a year, no problem.

i guess i need to get my zaino bros. products ordered. my car should be here any day now.

thanks again!

B)
Old 10/12/04, 02:20 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
IIGood nailed it perfectly. Make sure though if you wash with Dawn dish washing detergent that you immediately dry adn wax the car, as this will leave the paint unprotected.
Old 10/12/04, 03:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Scothew@October 12, 2004, 2:23 PM
IIGood nailed it perfectly. Make sure though if you wash with Dawn dish washing detergent that you immediately dry adn wax the car, as this will leave the paint unprotected.
ok...that's good to know. i guess dawn is some really harsh stuff? but i'll make sure to get the polish on right after i've dryed the car off. w/ a 100% made in USA cotton towel of course.

B)
Old 10/12/04, 03:25 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Dawn is a degreaser basically.. its sole purpose in life is to remove dirt and other chemicals.
Old 10/12/04, 03:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Where do you get Zaino anyway? What specific store? I will be back in early December and I'm going to have it professionally detailed but would like to try something new after that. I'm using Meguires NXT and liked the Gold Class, is Zaino that much better?
Old 10/12/04, 03:33 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally posted by mustangfun101@October 12, 2004, 3:35 PM
Where do you get Zaino anyway? What specific store? I will be back in early December and I'm going to have it professionally detailed but would like to try something new after that. I'm using Meguires NXT and liked the Gold Class, is Zaino that much better?
http://zainostore.com/
Old 10/12/04, 03:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Scott, you are all over the place. Thanks for the link. No stores?
Old 10/12/04, 05:52 PM
V6 Member

Zaino's not available in stores.
Old 10/12/04, 11:02 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally posted by IIGood@October 12, 2004, 5:55 PM
Zaino's not available in stores.
Yep. Zaino is only available direct from them. Not a bad way to keep quality control at a minimum in my opinion. Always heard the best about Sal Zaino and his company.
Old 10/12/04, 11:03 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally posted by mustangfun101@October 12, 2004, 3:37 PM
Scott, you are all over the place. Thanks for the link. No stores?
Just doing my part
Old 10/13/04, 10:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

i ordered 'the ulitmate kit' today. it should be on it's way soon i would guess. hopefully my GT and the zaino bros. will arive just in time to put them both to good use.

Old 10/15/04, 11:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

my zanio products came in today...now all i need is a mustang to clean them with.

come on ford...don't lemme down.

Old 10/15/04, 11:53 AM
V6 Member

That was pretty quick. Can you maybe go practice on another car?

When the stuff was coming from NJ, I would send him a check (before he took plastic), and I'd get my stuff in the same week. Now, he takes online credit card orders, but he's moved the warehouse to Illinois or whatever...so it takes about a week to ten days for me to get my stuff. Doh.
Old 10/15/04, 05:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by IIGood@October 15, 2004, 11:56 AM
That was pretty quick. Can you maybe go practice on another car?

When the stuff was coming from NJ, I would send him a check (before he took plastic), and I'd get my stuff in the same week. Now, he takes online credit card orders, but he's moved the warehouse to Illinois or whatever...so it takes about a week to ten days for me to get my stuff. Doh.
yeah it was quick. i paid with credit card just the other day and BAM it was here today. wow! i was really surprised. it's still coming from new jersy so he must he move that stuff out when it's ordered. very good business imo. good job zaino.

yeah i guess i can practice on my current car. i guess it would be good to experiment on it anyhow first since i'm going to trade it in.
Old 11/30/04, 06:39 PM

Here is an interesting link for those of you who use zaino. Enhance Your Zaino Experience
Old 12/2/04, 06:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

awesome article. thanks for posting it. i haven't had a chance to use my zaino bros. yet because it's been so cold, but i printed the article our so i'd be able to use the info when the time comes.

Old 1/10/05, 09:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have been using Zaino for a while also, and the more you use it, the more the paint looks like glass. I also used it on all my exterior glass. Water beads off at even slow speeds. Don't know if I should, but I tried it and it worked.
Old 1/10/05, 09:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ZERO@December 2, 2004, 5:58 AM
awesome article. thanks for posting it. i haven't had a chance to use my zaino bros. yet because it's been so cold, but i printed the article our so i'd be able to use the info when the time comes.

The fx accelerator (blue drops) really speeds things up in the cold. You shouldn't have any problems.

Quick Reply: ok...so i'm gunna get zaino bros.