Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

My baby got her first ding today.

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/05, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Before I had my mirrors painted I was concerned with fading and chipping over time so I wanted to find someone that would stand behind the job. The first body shop I went to offered me a great price, but when I asked about a warrenty they told me 'since we're not charging you a lot of money we're not giving you one' so of course I walked away from that shop.

My neighbor (he works in a shop where they do custom work on new models that we see in car shows) told me he would paint the mirrors and stand behind the job.

From watching him do the job he sanded the mirrors and then applied something to help the paint adhere to the plastic (not sure what it's called), and then he painted the mirrors, color sanded them then applied the clear coat to them.

I had the mirrors painted on June 15th and they still look good.
Old 9/11/05, 08:58 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Mike McRann@September 11, 2005, 2:12 PM
Before I had my mirrors painted I was concerned with fading and chipping over time so I wanted to find someone that would stand behind the job. The first body shop I went to offered me a great price, but when I asked about a warrenty they told me 'since we're not charging you a lot of money we're not giving you one' so of course I walked away from that shop.

My neighbor (he works in a shop where they do custom work on new models that we see in car shows) told me he would paint the mirrors and stand behind the job.

From watching him do the job he sanded the mirrors and then applied something to help the paint adhere to the plastic (not sure what it's called), and then he painted the mirrors, color sanded them then applied the clear coat to them.

I had the mirrors painted on June 15th and they still look good.
how much and how long of warranty??
Old 9/15/05, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These are very scary stories!

My wife is annoyed by this but i dont care, you see, ever since i got my stang 4 months ago i only park it all they way in the back of any parking lot where there are no cars to keep it from getting any kind of hit or scratch.

secondly i have a major situacion with these darn kids that play in the street in front of my house. They like to throw a ball every now and then and ride on their skate boards. The problem with this is the fact that i like in a town home so these kids belong to the neighbors and all.....but that didnt stop me, i will not have one of these brats scratch the car in any way. Ive gone out their and warned them, then when they keep on i yell at them..then i get on their parents asses.These kids are like 8 or 9. I told their parent if they scratch a small piece they will be paying for the whole part.

i plan on keeping my stang as long as i can so i gotta protect it.
Old 9/15/05, 06:05 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Johnny Mustang@September 15, 2005, 2:17 PM
These are very scary stories!

My wife is annoyed by this but i dont care, you see, ever since i got my stang 4 months ago i only park it all they way in the back of any parking lot where there are no cars to keep it from getting any kind of hit or scratch.

secondly i have a major situacion with these darn kids that play in the street in front of my house. They like to throw a ball every now and then and ride on their skate boards. The problem with this is the fact that i like in a town home so these kids belong to the neighbors and all.....but that didnt stop me, i will not have one of these brats scratch the car in any way. Ive gone out their and warned them, then when they keep on i yell at them..then i get on their parents asses.These kids are like 8 or 9. I told their parent if they scratch a small piece they will be paying for the whole part.

i plan on keeping my stang as long as i can so i gotta protect it.
A quality car cover can help take the stress off.It can prevent scratches and even dents from a football (so long as its not thrown deliberately at the car on purpose)plus,I would stress more from the sun,bugs and tree goo!