Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Morning Therapy...

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/12, 07:23 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Morning Therapy...

People think I'm a fool for setting my alarm clock EVEN earlier than I do during the week. LOL. I'm at the gym by 5:45 usually... but today, I set the alarm for 5 am. Got up. Had quick breakfast. Got ready. Then proceeded with my car wash routine of setting all my equipment up, then pulling Marilyn out of the garage.

I tell you what... to me, there is NOTHING else I'd rather do on a Saturday morning that relaxes me more than this. Wife and kids are fast asleep. Silence. Peace. I start Marilyn up, I hear her Shelby's roar to life against the serenity of the morning calm. I hear birds chirp. The sun is out, but it's not warm enough to cause discomfort, or heat up the paint too much that you can't wash it. Ahhhhh just perfect. I turn on the tunes, and I'm off. Before I know it, 2 hours have gone by... Alas, it's back to my normal life of crying babies and poopy diapers At least it was a calm 2 hours before the storm... hehe.

How many of you also do this on the weekend mornings??? Do you all find it very relaxing and therapeutic as well? Share your stories

Here's some pics, all unedited. Also wanted to showcase my swirl free Kona Blue metallic paint. In all honesty, this paint color is my all time favorite. Absolutely adore it.

Name:  DSC_0656.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  82.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0664.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  47.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0665.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  87.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0666.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  110.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0667.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  93.7 KB

Name:  DSC_0668.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  141.2 KB

These photos were all after just a simple wash, and before I put a coat of Fuzion on. I wasn't able to get pics since the kids were calling.

Last edited by FromZto5; 6/9/12 at 07:29 PM.
Old 6/9/12, 07:25 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
People think I'm a fool for setting my alarm clock EVEN earlier than I do during the week. LOL. I'm at the gym by 5:45 usually... but today, I set the alarm for 5 am. Got up. Had quick breakfast. Got ready. Then proceeded with my car wash routine of setting all my equipment up, then pulling Marilyn out of the garage.

I tell you what... to me, there is NOTHING else I'd rather do on a Saturday morning that relaxes me more than this. Wife and kids are fast asleep. Silence. Peace. I start Marilyn up, I hear her Shelby's roar to life against the serenity of the morning calm. I hear birds chirp. The sun is out, but it's not warm enough to cause discomfort, or heat up the paint too much that you can't wash it. Ahhhhh just perfect. I turn on the tunes, and I'm off. Before I know it, 2 hours have gone by... Alas, it's back to my normal life of crying babies and poopy diapers At least it was a calm 2 hours before the storm... hehe.

Here's some pics, all unedited. Also wanted to showcase my swirl free Kona Blue metallic paint. In all honesty, this paint color is my all time favorite. Absolutely adore it.
Do you spend more time cleaning and shining it over actually driving it?
Old 6/9/12, 07:34 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you all find it very relaxing and therapeutic as well? Share your stories
Well I disagree about the early stuff. lol And I can't wait until the weekend because of driving along a lake so I have to wash the bugs off within 24 hrs. Course I don't drive it everyday as I'm early retired.

But I agree about therapeutic. I was going to post that in MCTC about a week ago. It kind of grounds me by caring for it. When my routine gets off kilter a bit, washing it brings me back on track. Sudsing each panel and rinsing, drying each panel, cleaning all the jambs and engine, and of course talking with Steve McQueen.
Love it.

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/9/12 at 07:38 PM.
Old 6/9/12, 07:36 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Well I disagree about the early stuff. lol And I can't wait until the weekend because of driving along a lake so I have to wash the bugs off within 24 hrs. Course I don't drive it everyday as I'm early retired.

But I agree about therapeutic. I was going to post that in MCTC about a week ago. It kind of grounds me by caring for it. Sudsing each panel and rinsing, drying each panel, cleaning all the jambs and engine. Love it.
Oh I know exactly what you mean. Yes, it's just so soothing LOL. And yes, I always have to blow dry everything off after a sheeting rinse, then I also have to pop all trunk and hood and doors open to get every last drop of water off I HATE drips.
Old 6/10/12, 12:09 AM
FR500 Member

Sunday mornings are my time. 6am i wake-up, head in the garage and set everything up. Get my music goin, pull Pelé (hawaiian goddess, yes i am hawaiian lol) out onto the driveway, and start my wash. Two buckets with Meg's gold class shampoo, scrub the tires first though! Blow dry with my leaf blower (modded nozzle, single hole so higher air pressure compared to three holes)

Pull her into the garage, break out the clay, cleaner wax, polish, sealant, then tqo nice coats of wax! One coat of collinite 915, then a coat of pinnacle souveran liquid wax. Then a once over with my Ultima waterless wash just to add that final touch. Wax up the rims, use back to black on the trim and tires (yes it works!) and before i know it 3-4 hours have gone by! I do everything by hand so it takes a while but the results are well worth the time and soreness.

My mom thinks im crazy, dad thinks i care more about the car than my own family, an neighbors just gawk when i pull her out in the driveway for final inspection. I always finish just in time to clean up and head to church and each time i get compliments on the car and even catch people snappin pics! She's just a base sixxer but once i start moddin up... Dang i dont even wanna think about it.

Its how i start the week, perfect stress releiver. Sun is barely rising, the morning choir of waking birds fill the air, and the nice cool temps are just perfect! I enter my own little world. Tomorrow morning im hitting my dads truck with the same routine as an early fathers day surprise! Hes gonna be headin out of town with my mom while im stuck at home after i take em to the airport. Ill be sure to post pics once all is said and done!
Old 6/10/12, 05:29 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by CCTking
Sunday mornings are my time. 6am i wake-up, head in the garage and set everything up. Get my music goin, pull Pelé (hawaiian goddess, yes i am hawaiian lol) out onto the driveway, and start my wash. Two buckets with Meg's gold class shampoo, scrub the tires first though! Blow dry with my leaf blower (modded nozzle, single hole so higher air pressure compared to three holes)

Pull her into the garage, break out the clay, cleaner wax, polish, sealant, then tqo nice coats of wax! One coat of collinite 915, then a coat of pinnacle souveran liquid wax. Then a once over with my Ultima waterless wash just to add that final touch. Wax up the rims, use back to black on the trim and tires (yes it works!) and before i know it 3-4 hours have gone by! I do everything by hand so it takes a while but the results are well worth the time and soreness.

My mom thinks im crazy, dad thinks i care more about the car than my own family, an neighbors just gawk when i pull her out in the driveway for final inspection. I always finish just in time to clean up and head to church and each time i get compliments on the car and even catch people snappin pics! She's just a base sixxer but once i start moddin up... Dang i dont even wanna think about it.

Its how i start the week, perfect stress releiver. Sun is barely rising, the morning choir of waking birds fill the air, and the nice cool temps are just perfect! I enter my own little world. Tomorrow morning im hitting my dads truck with the same routine as an early fathers day surprise! Hes gonna be headin out of town with my mom while im stuck at home after i take em to the airport. Ill be sure to post pics once all is said and done!
Very cool man. You really sound like a younger version of me. Lol. Therapy indeed.
Old 6/10/12, 08:23 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I know exactly what you mean, but I'm the complete opposite. I like to do it late at night in my garage. My paint isn't even that great, but it's just such an awesome way to relax.
Old 6/10/12, 11:24 AM
FR500 Member

Well dad didnt want the truck detailed since he decided to take it to the airport and leave it there. I decided to shine up my car and 3 hours later shes lookin better than new!
Attached Thumbnails Morning Therapy...-image-36501404.jpg   Morning Therapy...-image-3846265831.jpg   Morning Therapy...-image-2046821764.jpg   Morning Therapy...-image-3681261460.jpg   Morning Therapy...-image-448814931.jpg  

Morning Therapy...-image-363024808.jpg   Morning Therapy...-image-508034440.jpg   Morning Therapy...-image-822480983.jpg   Morning Therapy...-image-862274809.jpg  
Old 6/10/12, 11:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CCTking
Well dad didnt want the truck detailed since he decided to take it to the airport and leave it there. I decided to shine up my car and 3 hours later shes lookin better than new!
Fix those center caps, slacker.
Old 6/10/12, 12:43 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Fix those center caps, slacker.
I can always count on you Joe to point out every flaw
Old 6/10/12, 11:01 PM
FR500 Member

Very cool man. You really sound like a younger version of me. Lol. Therapy indeed.
Haha great minds think alike!
Old 6/11/12, 06:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been known to detail in the early morning hours.
I've been known to detail late into the nights and everywhere in between.
I've been known to wash the car in the rain and bringing it inside to blow and towel dry if I am prepping the car for a show. For a club judged show, I'll spend from 24 to 36 hours detailing the Mustang, and when I arrive at the show spending another couple of hours before judging begins tuning, tweaking and making sure eveything is just right.

It is therapy.

I get the comments and compliments from friends, neighbors and co-workers and the ones I value most of all, my fellow Mustang Car Club of New England members.

Last edited by DaGonz; 6/11/12 at 06:03 PM.
Old 6/11/12, 08:42 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by DaGonz
I've been known to detail in the early morning hours.
I've been known to detail late into the nights and everywhere in between.
I've been known to wash the car in the rain and bringing it inside to blow and towel dry if I am prepping the car for a show. For a club judged show, I'll spend from 24 to 36 hours detailing the Mustang, and when I arrive at the show spending another couple of hours before judging begins tuning, tweaking and making sure eveything is just right.

It is therapy.

I get the comments and compliments from friends, neighbors and co-workers and the ones I value most of all, my fellow Mustang Car Club of New England members.
That sounds fantastic... You're a lot worse than me. Awesome!

You have a stang too?
Old 6/13/12, 02:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

That sounds fantastic... You're a lot worse than me. Awesome!

You have a stang too?
Mine is a 2006 Mustang GT, tungsten gray and called "Lauren Renee"...
Name:  MasoniccarshowMustangdetailing041.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  146.1 KB
Old 1/15/15, 10:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 2/3/15, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I feel better now ! i thought I was the only having this disorder !

Last edited by dantheman; 2/3/15 at 07:32 PM.
Old 2/5/15, 09:31 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think there is anything better for me as well just going out to the garage to work on the Mustang. No one bothers me, I don't think, I just relax and enjoy washing/working on that beast. Can everyone agree there is no better feeling after a wash, clay, polish, and wax there is no better feeling than having heads turn driving down the road?? I love it!
Old 2/6/15, 12:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

For sure this is therapy for me. I know exactly how you feel.
Old 2/6/15, 02:47 PM
I Have No Life

I'm glad my thread is still helping some folks 3 years later I wish I had the ability to enjoy detailing my car... but 12" of snow in the last few days is BRUTAL!
Old 2/6/15, 04:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No snow up here

Quick Reply: Morning Therapy...