Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Meguiars NXT Wax/Polish

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/04, 10:34 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Anyone tried it yet?

I picked up a bottle to test it out. It is pretty good. If you are used to using their gold class wax, its similar to that in application. Easy on, easy off. looks wise, I only applied it to the hood of the car yesterday during lunch. Didnt let it set the 15min it said to, but it looks pretty good regardless. I may stick with it for awhile.
Old 4/2/04, 12:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use Meguiar's Gols Class & Quick Detailer. Keep us up to date on how that new stuff holds up and what it is like when you do the whole car.

Thanks,
B) B) B)
Old 4/2/04, 01:48 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Well the car is at the shop right now getting CC plates, offset rack bushings, my n2o fixed and an alignment. Maybe I can get svopaul to grab a few pics for me of how the hood looks. It is nice
Old 4/4/04, 10:42 AM

Originally posted by scothew@Apr. 2nd, 2004, 11:37 AM
Anyone tried it yet?

I picked up a bottle to test it out. It is pretty good. If you are used to using their gold class wax, its similar to that in application. Easy on, easy off. looks wise, I only applied it to the hood of the car yesterday during lunch. Didnt let it set the 15min it said to, but it looks pretty good regardless. I may stick with it for awhile.
Just read a thread on another forum from a guy who bought it along with the car wash and he was very impressed. Said it also made dust not stick to it........gotta try this I think
Old 4/4/04, 01:16 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Yeah pollen hasnt been sticking to my hood nearly as bad as the rest of the car. Also take it by a car wash, use just the high pressure rinse and BAM the whole car is clean again.
Old 4/17/04, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Just finished doing my car with NXT and the stuff is great. Have been using Meg's Gold Class liquid and solid. I talked to the guys at Meg's and they said I would like NXT better then the other 2. They were right/EZ on EZ off and the shine is great. I think it is a copy of Zaino's polymer style polish. What ever it is it is the best I used so far. I don't know how well it stands up, time will tell that. I give it 2 thumbs up.
Old 4/17/04, 07:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it cheaper or more expensive than the gold class?
Old 4/18/04, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

It costs $13.29 at Walmart. It is $15.00 at AutoZone. I pay $10,00 for the GoldClass. NXT is worth the money. I really like the stuff---------y
Old 4/18/04, 04:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hmm.. taking into account currency conversion and the fact that I have to buy other products as well, and the car I'll be using it on won't be in any shows or anything (I want to turn my mom's silver civic into a mirror for mothers day, essentially), I think I'll just get Gold class.
Old 5/1/04, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

I just tried out some of the NXT Wax and it worked really good. I used gold class before, and I think for the extra few bucks it is definitely woth it. I will post up some pictures of it later this week when the weather clears up.
Old 5/3/04, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

here are the promised pics... sorry about the quality, i had to resize them.
Old 5/3/04, 05:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 5/5/04, 09:13 AM

Nice wax it looks great
Old 5/11/04, 05:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just used it today. The best wax I have purchased yet. Zaino is a preat polish but it too much money if you use it a lot.
Old 5/19/04, 12:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well, even more reason to get Meguires. It looks like the synthetic does a good job. Can't wait to get back and try it out.
Old 5/19/04, 12:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

You can click on my car link to see my shine, that is Gold Class. It's a great product too. If the pollen and dust stick less with the synthetic then I'll be sold.
Old 6/9/04, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Tried the NXT wax this weekend .... Stuff is OK. My thoughts are this.

Pros:
1. Car wash is very good. Cleans car very well without a ton of suds, rinses easily.
2. Wax goes on pretty easy. It is quick. Wipe on, let dry, wipe off.
2. Wax and wash are more reasonable on the wallet than say Zaino

Cons:
1. No cons on the car wash except so far it is only available direct from Megs in my town. No retailers carry it.
2. Wax- Cannot be put on in the sun or even if car is remotely hot/warm to touch (Zaino goes on/off in all instances)
Wax - do not get on any rubber or plastic parts. Turns them white immediately. Impoosible not to do this with the amount of black "plastic" on todays cars. (Zaino does not do this at all)
3. Tire dressing - you waste a lot. You trigger spray it on and wipe most of it off. Directions specifically say you must wipe off excess because yuo do not want excess on any plastic parts. Again, there is a ton of plastic around the wheel wells of most newer vehicles. Leaves bad spotting. Megs has a great product called Hotshine that is an aresol that has an adjustable nozzle. It works perfect.

I was initially intrigued by the ads I saw and I like to try new stuff on my vehicle to make sure I have the best. Yet I was turned off because of all the "warnings" associated with using this product. Zaino may cost a few $$ more, yet you do not have to worry about all the little things mentioned above.

The best combination I have come across for weekly maintenance duties is this:

Megs NXT wash
Zaino
Megs Hotshine tire dressing
Mothers chrome polish
Mothers stainless steel cleaner/polish
Old 8/14/04, 09:59 PM
Cobra Member

Does the Gold Class have the same effect on black plastic turning white immediately as the NXT? I still think I am going to get it. I will take a look at Zaino.
Old 9/4/04, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Go to a local Harley shop and pick up some S100 in a white can with a Blue lid. It is about $15 and is better than the NXT or especially the Gold class (oily).

Don't get me wrong, Megs makes good stuff. But it won't affect the plastic pieces of trim and is very easy to use.

The car version of this wax is the exact same and sells for around $60.
It is called P21S. You won't be dissapointed if you try it.
Old 9/20/04, 02:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Where can I get the Zaino,

I avoid waxing becuase the last car I waxed ended up with white spots on every black plastic thing.

Quick Reply: Meguiars NXT Wax/Polish