Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

I hate parking lots!

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/04, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay... I'm at work since 6:00 this morning -- pretty stressful environment right now. I glance @ my clock & is says 1:15 -- so i'm thinkin' great time for a lunch break -- I'll just get in the stress reliever -- drive around the corner grab a bite & come back in a much better mood. Okay.. so I walk out to the parking lot & up a couple levels -- back in the corner is black beauty... as I walk up to her I press the unlock button on the key chain - I wapproach the driver side & extend my hand to open the door... and there it is... a freakin' door ding!! somebody pulled up beside me - got out of there car (or truck) & left me with a freakin' door ding. Needless to say I came back from lunch more stressed out than before I left.

Sorry so long - had to vent.
Old 12/8/04, 01:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Man that stinks. Mine has not seen a parking lot other than the dealer's yet but I know I can only keep that streak going just so long. I hate parking lots too.
Old 12/8/04, 01:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by I8URVTEC@December 8, 2004, 2:36 PM
Man that stinks. Mine has not seen a parking lot other than the dealer's yet but I know I can only keep that streak going just so long. I hate parking lots too.
tell me about it.. unfortunately I have to come to work to pay it off -- besides the parking lot here - she only sees the garage @ home. I always try to find a space in the corner so @ least she pretty well protected --- unfortunately not this time.
Old 12/8/04, 01:37 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the first ding is always the worst
Old 12/8/04, 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Haha, my work parking lot is so small that I know everyone and they know not to park close to my car.
Old 12/8/04, 01:40 PM
Cobra Member

paintless dent repair... had it done on the Bird for $60... met the dude in the parking lot at the dealership where I bought my car. It will be like new...

... 'paintless dent repair'... ask the used car salesman where u bought yer pony!
Old 12/8/04, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by pitpup@December 8, 2004, 2:43 PM
paintless dent repair... had it done on the Bird for $60... met the dude in the parking lot at the dealership where I bought my car. It will be like new...

... 'paintless dent repair'... ask the used car salesman where u bought yer pony!
really??? that's pretty interesting -- i thought that only worked on decent sized dents... i mean this is right in the upper crease. almost looks like a pebble hit the crease @ 60 mph or something & left a imprint.
Mach 1 Member

I feel your pain lucky lou. Someone scratched the right front wheel well of my '05 a couple of weeks ago at work. Man was I angry. About a half inch of paint is missing.
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by pitpup@December 8, 2004, 3:43 PM

^^

Friend of mine had a litte parking lot "rash" on his new 350Z. He took it to his dealer and they got it out with no problem. You can't even tell there was a ding.
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have seen the results of the dent repair and it is impressive...
Old 12/8/04, 01:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

The Ding Doctor (or whatever name, there are several) do wonders! I've used them a couple of times. If the paint isn't broken they can make it look like new again.
Old 12/8/04, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by CA Stang@December 8, 2004, 2:48 PM
I feel your pain lucky lou. Someone scratched the right front wheel well of my '05 a couple of weeks ago at work. Man was I angry. About a half inch of paint is missing.
ma'an.. see that would drive me up a wall... i'm always cautious about making sure i don't open my door too hard if I park close to someone ( which i never do) but in case someone parks too close to me. u know.. it almost makes you wanna install a camera in the car or something to catch the people who do this stuff.
Old 12/8/04, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

That's why I take 2 parking spots everywhere I go..... go to the back of the lot and park down the middle of two spaces.....
Old 12/8/04, 01:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GhostTX+December 8, 2004, 2:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GhostTX @ December 8, 2004, 2:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pitpup@December 8, 2004, 3:43 PM

^^

Friend of mine had a litte parking lot "rash" on his new 350Z. He took it to his dealer and they got it out with no problem. You can't even tell there was a ding. [/b][/quote]
mos' definitely goin to have to look into this. I've seen a couple shops around Houston but never paid much attention -- no need... u know. I guess now i have a need. Thanx for the info guys -- @ least now i feel a little better about the whole situation.
Old 12/8/04, 02:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by cyoda44@December 8, 2004, 2:58 PM
That's why I take 2 parking spots everywhere I go..... go to the back of the lot and park down the middle of two spaces.....
I wish I could do that here -- but we have this pathetic parking lot security that writes you tickets if you do that -- and don't try parking in the handicapped spaces that are never used.. they'll put this awful red sticker on the passenger or driver door window that takes about a week to scrape off. - pretty crazy around here -
Old 12/8/04, 02:01 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by cyoda44@December 8, 2004, 3:58 PM
Same here, the parking spaces are smaller in England (all compact size) so I take 2, havve the line right down the middle of the car!
Old 12/8/04, 02:02 PM
Bullitt Member

I hate people with no regard for other people's possesions. I let my guard down one day and instead of parking my car all the way on the back of the shopping center lot, I parked closed, ran in for 5 minutes to pick something up and some tard had left a shopping cart right next to my rear bumper :bang: . I knew exactly what happened as soon as I saw it, lazy person didn't feel like putting the cart back right where it belongs, so it ran into my bumper and left a decent size scratch that till this day can still be seen. I always use scratch remover and wax to try and hide it, but it still there and to think that if people would just put their carts back where they belong or be more careful the next time they open and close their doors, then our ponies would be much safer.
Old 12/8/04, 02:05 PM
Cobra Member

i just had to $%&# someone car up yesterday

moron parked so close to my door i couldnt even fit my school books in it....in the pouring rain my 6 foot 1 inch 230 lb hiney i going through the passenger side...not funny sight when foot gets stuck in the air vents with my size 13 timberlands going in my 92 PROBE..so i finally get situated after 10 min in the driver seat i start slamming my door open lol

felt good..really wanted to beat the crap outta whoever did it

it was SO RETAREDEDLY CLOSE!!!!!

IN THE RAIN IN THE PART OF THE PARKING LOT NOBODY WAS IN!! IN THE RAIN!!!!
ARE PEOPLE SCARED TO PARK ALONE?!?!?
Old 12/8/04, 02:09 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Get some business cards made up and leave them on offenders car windshields.......
Thanks for your consideration when parking today, next time, perhaps you can leave a can opener so I can get in my vehicle
Old 12/8/04, 02:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Avoiding dents and dings can be avoided, you must be vigilant and have an OCD(obsessive compulsive disorder)
I have had my GT 5 years and 52,900 miles and do not have a single ding from another car. Rock chips yeah, but not one ding.
You have to park away from people(malls/grocery stores) when you need to and know who is parking next to you at work. I have been known to cruise parking lots looking for "the spot"(I let the wife out at the door).
Its a pain, but I would worry otherwise. But, I'd rather walk a little ways than to have a ding.
-Jason

Quick Reply: I hate parking lots!