Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

I Hate Luv Bugs

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/06, 08:32 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I Hate Luv Bugs

I clean the love bugs off regularly but find it very difficult to get the splats in the honeycomb areas.Any suggestions?
Old 5/29/06, 08:56 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree with you. They splatter everywhere. I used my dads Porsche bug and tar remover. I don't know where you could get it though.
Old 5/31/06, 04:32 AM
Bullitt Member

I hate them too.... what I do is soak the area, then go wash the other car. Everytime I walk by the front, I soak it again. It loosens them up better. For the honeycomb gril, I use a toilet brush. Sorta soft bristled, small round head. It works pretty good. You would think those things would be extinct! as many that get smushed.
Old 5/31/06, 09:09 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by porkster
I hate them too.... what I do is soak the area, then go wash the other car. Everytime I walk by the front, I soak it again. It loosens them up better. For the honeycomb gril, I use a toilet brush. Sorta soft bristled, small round head. It works pretty good. You would think those things would be extinct! as many that get smushed.
How big is the head on the toilet brush?
Old 6/1/06, 05:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Oh I dont know, maybe 2 inch diameter - which compresses down when smushed between things. I use a toilet brush to clean the inside of my wheels too. I can even get around the calipers.
If you wanted something smaller, a baby bottle brush would be perfect size for the grill. I dont have too much problem getting to them though with the toilet brush after soaking them soft.
Old 6/1/06, 07:35 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by porkster
Oh I dont know, maybe 2 inch diameter - which compresses down when smushed between things. I use a toilet brush to clean the inside of my wheels too. I can even get around the calipers.
If you wanted something smaller, a baby bottle brush would be perfect size for the grill. I dont have too much problem getting to them though with the toilet brush after soaking them soft.
I didn't think of the baby bottle brush either! Thanks Porkster!!!