Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

How do I keep away cats!

Search this Thread

Old 10/9/05, 12:00 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The easiest way to keep away "cats" is to install a Off Road H-pipe or X-pipe.....
Old 10/12/05, 07:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 10/18/05, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best thing to do is get a gatorade bottle, fill it with water and place it on the top of your car. works for me
Old 10/19/05, 09:00 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Can you give any more information as to how or what that does.
Old 10/19/05, 04:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
First of all, the problem is irresponsible cat owners that do not keep their cats in the house. Stray cats were caused by stupid cat owners keeping their cats outside and letting them have more cats. So cats are not causing the problem, stupid people are. But if I had to park my Mustang outside I would #1 buy a good car cover and keep the car covered when not in use always. This will not only keep the cats off the car but also keep your car clean longer. #2 If the cat or cats are still a problem buy a humane trap cage that you can put some food into and trap the cat, then bring it to the humane society so it can possibly be adopted by a family that will take care of it. I've had alot of stray cat problems in my neighborhood, but luckily I have a garage to park my Mustang in.
Old 10/22/05, 11:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Scarpi@October 19, 2005, 4:52 PM
First of all, the problem is irresponsible cat owners that do not keep their cats in the house. Stray cats were caused by stupid cat owners keeping their cats outside and letting them have more cats. So cats are not causing the problem, stupid people are. But if I had to park my Mustang outside I would #1 buy a good car cover and keep the car covered when not in use always. This will not only keep the cats off the car but also keep your car clean longer. #2 If the cat or cats are still a problem buy a humane trap cage that you can put some food into and trap the cat, then bring it to the humane society so it can possibly be adopted by a family that will take care of it. I've had alot of stray cat problems in my neighborhood, but luckily I have a garage to park my Mustang in.
I agree with this method of cat removal, but I am having a little bit of trouble with the beginning (It is 1 am and sarcasm level is waay up )

This just struck me as odd since cats in the wild (aka outdoor cats) have been around way longer than domesticated (aka indoor cats) and unless there was a big roundup that got all of the wild cats and turned them into domesticated cats (maybe some government agency put them up in cat condos ) this can't be true.

Joking aside, The rule we learned when growing up was, once you feed a stray, it's yours, keep feeding it and take it to the vet for shots and fixing. We got our 2 cats and one of our dogs this way. I just bought a large shed to house my Mustang in so that I did not have to try some of these previously listed drastic measures.
Old 10/25/05, 07:20 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shallow dish containing mothballs on top of your car.
Old 10/25/05, 08:12 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Get some aluminium foil and crincle it up a bit, place on the roof with the shiny side up and hold down with fridge magnets.

The light reflecting at different angles confuses the cats and they won't stick around.

The same concept works with the clear plastic bottle half filled with water. It caused strange reflections that the cat doesn't like.

Hope this helps
Old 11/11/05, 06:23 PM

KILL THEM... PERIOD... :bang: