Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Going buggy

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/07, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MBStang
Funny, I remember when I was a teenager a long long time ago when I cared about how my car looked all the time. I washed it twice a week and always put a coat of wax before a date. I thought those days were gone until now.
Time for me to get ready - 30 minutes;- time to get the car ready - 2 hours; - the look on the date's face upon rolling up in a hot rod - priceless.

For the bugs, more than two coats of wax will make the difference.

There are at least ten of Zaino and the Roush and everything comes off straight away with no rubbing and a spritz of detail spray. Zaino has repalled eggs, bugs, tar, tree sap, bird droppings and cigarettes from my paint with no damage.
Old 5/10/07, 08:22 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of people seem to really like Zaino. I am going to have to try that one. Thanks for the info.
Old 5/10/07, 09:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MBStang
A lot of people seem to really like Zaino. I am going to have to try that one. Thanks for the info.
Do a search in the Performance White and Mineral Grey;- by Color Forum - I posted pics. of my cars at show and you can see the results from Zaino. In the Mineral Grey car and in the White car, you can see everything reflected in them.

The effect is magnafied with black or bright color metallics.

Notwithstanding the protection from Zaino mentioned earlier. In a redfire car I once owned, a dude at a street show dared to put out a cigarette on her hood and there was no damage at all. Zaino polish goes on and wipes off easy; and is simple to use.
Old 5/10/07, 05:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Zaino rocks !
Old 5/10/07, 08:59 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Any advice on keeping the windshield clean? Other than a normal washing, it's pretty much impossible to get the bugs off, especially when your on a road trip.
Old 5/11/07, 06:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Any advice on keeping the windshield clean? Other than a normal washing, it's pretty much impossible to get the bugs off, especially when your on a road trip.

Although best started when the car is new, I apply Zaino to all the glass on my car. Best done in low humidity and sun. Clean it only with the detail spray. Ammonias in many glass cleaners tend to pit the glass over time. Bugs and other sticky stuff comes off easily and it acts almost like rain-x in the rain.
Old 5/16/07, 07:06 AM
GT Member

use wet dryer Sheets

Wet the affected area, then soak a drier sheet. Gently rub back and forth on the affected areas while keeping both the surface of the car and drier sheet wet. Works extreamly well with little effort. The bugs will be gone before you know it!
Old 5/17/07, 07:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bluejoker
Wet the affected area, then soak a drier sheet. Gently rub back and forth on the affected areas while keeping both the surface of the car and drier sheet wet. Works extreamly well with little effort. The bugs will be gone before you know it!
Thanks for the tip. Same idea as in removing the soap grime from shower tile, but the Dryer Sheet remains dry.