Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Finally on the Market, a Temporary Clear Bra--THAT WORKS!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/06, 06:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Finally on the Market, a Temporary Clear Bra--THAT WORKS!!

AutoMask, All the info you need is on the website. Any questions ask me I have tested it for 9 months, I have applied it to my personal cars about 20 times for up to 2 months at a time.

He really means it about AutoMask (it really works!!) I drove back to Florida from Alabama (from the MCA 30th stampede) and peeled all the "love bugs" off in 3 minutes!! Only 3 minutes to make my Car Show ready!!! (owner of Mustang.com)
www.automasksite.com
Old 9/26/06, 08:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

46 views and NO questions, I guess there isn't a need for a product like this.
Old 9/26/06, 07:21 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This does sound interesting. I am wondering if it would effect any applied finishes on the paint such as Zaino, or a wax or what not. Would it stick to these finishes as well as to paint? How thick is the actual mask once sprayed oin the car? Can you spray it right over parking lights and headlights?
Old 9/26/06, 07:32 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

it kinda seems like the tank slapper i use on my motorcycle...it works great at protecting the paint. i wish i knew about this when i got the car...my front end is destroyed.

k
Old 9/26/06, 08:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

sounds like a lot of work. i'm not interested in painting anything on my car - too messy. maybe if it was spray-on ....
Old 9/26/06, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ponyent
This does sound interesting. I am wondering if it would effect any applied finishes on the paint such as Zaino, or a wax or what not. Would it stick to these finishes as well as to paint? How thick is the actual mask once sprayed oin the car? Can you spray it right over parking lights and headlights?
It doesn't stick to freshly waxed surfaces as well as it does to just a clean painted surface, but I have only had it come off prematurely once in about 20 uses (in a driving rainstorm). It doesn't normally come off in the rain.

It is safe on all Plastic and painted surfaces and you don't spray it on. Think about it, if you sprayed it on you would have to mask off the whole front of the car--VERY TIME CONSUMING!

You mask the outline of what you want to protect, then you brush it on with a foam brush.
Old 9/26/06, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rash
sounds like a lot of work. i'm not interested in painting anything on my car - too messy. maybe if it was spray-on ....
Well it is as messy as you make it. The stuff is thick and it spreads really easy. I will tell you what is messy and time consuming, having to mask the whole front of your car (like you do with Duplicolor "Bug Shield") then spray on some thing that doesn't work! You can spray on 10-15 coats of Duplicolor "Bug Shield" and after it dries you can rub it off with your finger--imagine what a fast moving bug doesto it.

It takes me about 5 minutes to tape off and coat the front of my Mustang with AutoMask. If I want to protect against rocks then I use 3 coats, which takes about 5 minutes each coat. And below is a quote from the owner of Mustang.com who uses AutoMask on his SEMA Show Car:
He really means it about AutoMask (it really works). I drove back to Florida from Alabama (30th annual Mustang Stampede) and peeled all the "love bugs" off the front of my car in 3 minutes--in 3 minutes my car was Show Ready!!
Old 9/27/06, 07:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Got any pics of your car with it on there?
Old 9/27/06, 07:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by tacbear
AutoMask, All the info you need is on the website. Any questions ask me I have tested it for 9 months, I have applied it to my personal cars about 20 times for up to 2 months at a time.

www.automasksite.com
just a couple, product looks good. You havent seen any staining of your cars paint at all? and also, did you say that the stuff does not work well on waxed surfaces? or does it work fine?
Old 9/27/06, 04:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cheese302
just a couple, product looks good. You havent seen any staining of your cars paint at all? and also, did you say that the stuff does not work well on waxed surfaces? or does it work fine?

NO staining of any kind, it is Water Based.

It works fine on waxed surfaces, in fact it is easier to remove from a waxed surface. I don't recommend using it on a FRESHLY waxed surface because at 80 mph in a driving rain storm it might come off. What I do, since my car stays waxed all the time is wipe it down with a solution of highly diluted "Dawn" detergent before I apply AutoMask for a long road trip. I have used it without doing this and only had the AutoMask come off the front edge of my hood once (out of 10 trips), and that was in a torential rain storm while I was driving on the Interstate.
Old 9/27/06, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hatchman
Old 9/27/06, 05:25 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Whitt, e-mail me your pics and I'll upload them for you. Or try again since I added you to the sponsor group.
Old 9/27/06, 08:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by tacbear

No problem, i found them on you website.
Old 10/4/06, 09:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the clear bra idea, anything to protect the front-end without making it too obvious.

This is JMO so I'm not flaming or anything. Unless I was going on a huge road trip there'd be no way I'd put that on my car. The finish is not smooth, from what I can see in the pics of the focus, and it's very obvious that it's on. Now the fact that it's easily removable is a big plus. Maybe a spray application could lend help to making it all much less visible. I like the way my car looks and I want it to look it's best all the time, it'd take a lot to convince me to have that on my car for any length of time, long road trips excluded.

Big pluses for the product, application needs to be worked on..... IMO
Old 10/4/06, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by habu
I like the clear bra idea, anything to protect the front-end without making it too obvious.

This is JMO so I'm not flaming or anything. Unless I was going on a huge road trip there'd be no way I'd put that on my car. The finish is not smooth, from what I can see in the pics of the focus, and it's very obvious that it's on. Now the fact that it's easily removable is a big plus. Maybe a spray application could lend help to making it all much less visible. I like the way my car looks and I want it to look it's best all the time, it'd take a lot to convince me to have that on my car for any length of time, long road trips excluded.

Big pluses for the product, application needs to be worked on..... IMO
IT CAN BE APPLIED WITH A FOAM BRUSH THAT MAKES IT ALL BUT INVISABLE! I HAD TO PUT IT ON WITH A FOAM ROLLER TO GET THE "STIPPLED" FINISH-JUST SO IT WOULD SHOW UP IN PICTURES!!!!!
99% of the people that see it on my cars like the "STIPPLED" finish better!
From 20 feet away you can't even see the "stippled" finish. I guess I should not have taken such good Pics
Old 10/4/06, 10:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That explains alot. I'd have to see one just to make sure, but if it's the 'stippled' just so that it can be seen I would seriously consider the temp bra.

But you should take pictures just so people can see that it's invisible. Just my opinion of course.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 10/5/06, 04:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'll probably by some of this to protect my chin spoiler once I get it painted.
Old 10/6/06, 08:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by habu
That explains alot. I'd have to see one just to make sure, but if it's the 'stippled' just so that it can be seen I would seriously consider the temp bra.

But you should take pictures just so people can see that it's invisible. Just my opinion of course.

Thanks for the reply.
Ask and you shall receive--in this Pic the front of my car has 2 coats of AutoMask!!
Old 10/8/06, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was in a hurry last weekend to go to car show and put "Glad Press'n Seal" plastic wrap on front end like a bra, the mirrors too. It worked great and took all of a couple mintes to put on, seconds to take off. Granted, it looked like heck, but it did the job on the highway 75 mph for 50 miles.
Ghetto, but worked.
I did stop before getting to the show to pull it off. Also, got 1st place in 05-07 class.
Old 6/28/10, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Hatchman
another product of the year award?

LMAO