Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Favorite wax

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/05, 08:15 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this topic has been beaten to death in general, but I was just curious if anyone had any opinions for Vista Blue. Different waxes can tend to look better on certain colors and all, so what are your favorites for Blue cars? I've used Mequiar's NXT Tech Wax twice and was fairly happy with it, although I didn't use the paste kind (they were out of that when I picked it up at AutoZone). I have nothing to really compare it to however, but I will say it was extra easy on and off with no residue.
Old 12/7/05, 05:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have used Mequiar's Polish & Quick Detailer so far. It seems to do just fine. I am like you I have nothing to compared it to.
Old 12/9/05, 05:51 PM
GT Member

I waxed about 30 days ago. At first it seemed like the NXT was beading well, then after a week or so kinda lost that. I was a little bummed, but I guess it was kinda sheeting off. I've just been brought up that beading means that the wax is still there and protecting, so this is what made me start looking around at other products. I figure on waxing once a month regardless of what I use.

The last week I haven't been able to wash the car due to cold weather and storm threats, and it was really dirty from a rainstorm, construction zone dust clouds and the like. Well 2 days ago it rained again all day while I was at work, and cleared up about 15 mins before I left. I gotta say I was floored to walk out to my car and it had the most awsome beading going on. It's like the beading came back twice as strong, and after a 10 mile drive home the car was completely dry and looked almost like it had been washed. I can't say I've ever had a car be look that good AFTER a rain. That tends to make me think that NXT is doing it's job and not letting things "stick". I know that bird droppings have been extra easy to remove.

Anyway, 1259 miles and she gets her first oil change at the dealership in the morning. Hopefully, weather premitting, I will get to wash and wax her after that is done. I'm gonna do the NXT thing again and see what she looks like.
Old 12/9/05, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds like you like the NTX results a lot

We had snow and ice here this week :bang: The best I will be able to do is the quick detailer this weekend
Old 12/9/05, 08:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Spider,

I used a Mother's clay bar and NXT for the first time this summer on my Pearl White '02 RX300. 5 months later, the finish is still like glass and I can't believe how well it's still beading. This is after washing the car at least once a week. I will use NXT again as soon as this Chicago snow is out of here.

BTW, I never considered a VB mustang until I saw your pics you posted with the 18" Bullits. Nicest one I've ever seen.
Old 12/10/05, 02:55 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by steevr@December 9, 2005, 9:55 PM
Spider,

I used a Mother's clay bar and NXT for the first time this summer on my Pearl White '02 RX300. 5 months later, the finish is still like glass and I can't believe how well it's still beading. This is after washing the car at least once a week. I will use NXT again as soon as this Chicago snow is out of here.

BTW, I never considered a VB mustang until I saw your pics you posted with the 18" Bullits. Nicest one I've ever seen.

Thanks for the compliment, I was kinda the same way because I was waiting on a Redfire that I had ordered when this VB came in. I wasn't sure until I actually saw the car, then I was hooked.

Well my day didn't go quite as I expected really. I went to get the oil changed and there was a 2 hour wait at least because they were shorthanded, but I got her scheduled for next week and they said they'd get me in right away no matter how many cars they had. Very cool people at Price Ford in Millington, TN. Anyway, then I washed the car in 40 degree weather. After that was done I just couldn't take it anymore, I'm still not thawed out from the darn water. So waxing will have to wait until tommorrow or next weekend. It's warmed up some this afternoon, but now I don't have enough daylight left to do the kinda job I want to do on it. She's looks great though after the wash and cleaning up.

I gotta find a good leather protector, and I guess something to detail the inside of the car. Not that it's dirty, I dust everyday! Just want to make sure those bases are covered as well. Any ideas on those kinda products out there?

Have I mentioned today that I love this car!
Old 12/10/05, 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SpiderMan79x+December 10, 2005, 3:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SpiderMan79x @ December 10, 2005, 3:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was waiting on a Redfire that I had ordered when this VB came in. I wasn't sure until I actually saw the car, then I was hooked.[/b]

VB's will do that to ya

Originally posted by SpiderMan79x@December 10, 2005, 3:58 PM
I washed the car in 40 degree weather. After that was done I just couldn't take it anymore, I'm still not thawed out from the darn water.
I know how that feels :bang: I took a rag and put it some warm water this morning. Then I used it to wipe down the car. The warm water worked great at first until it turned cold about 1/2 way through. It was in the upper 20's when I did this. We had a toy run to the Children's Hospital at 10am. I think my hands finally warmed up around 3pm. (I hate winter)

So waxing will have to wait until tommorrow or next weekend. It's warmed up some this afternoon, but now I don't have enough daylight left to do the kinda job I want to do on it. She's looks great though after the wash and cleaning up.
We have a Christmas Parade tomorrow so I will use Quick Detailer on her then

I gotta find a good leather protector, and I guess something to detail the inside of the car. Not that it's dirty, I dust everyday! Just want to make sure those bases are covered as well. Any ideas on those kinda products out there?
I have been using a leather conditioner made by Blue Magic. It seems to work fine so far but I am open to suggestions

<!--QuoteBegin-SpiderMan79x
@December 10, 2005, 3:58 PM
Have I mentioned today that I love this car!
[/quote]

Yes, but go ahead and say it one more time
Old 12/10/05, 03:29 PM
Bullitt Member

The Lexol combo pack works great. It includes a cleaner and a conditioner. I've got tan leather in my RX300 and the Lexol cleaner has removed both pen marks and gum left by any of my 3 children.

BTW, hoping to order a convert once they start taking orders for the '07's in the spring. Top color choice is Vista Blue, but I'd also like to see the new Alloy Gray. Right now, Tungsten is a bit too lavender for me.
Old 12/10/05, 04:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by steevr+December 10, 2005, 4:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steevr @ December 10, 2005, 4:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>The Lexol combo pack works great. It includes a cleaner and a conditioner. I've got tan leather in my RX300 and the Lexol cleaner has removed both pen marks and gum left by any of my 3 children.[/b]

How well has it kept the leather from wrinkling/cracking?

<!--QuoteBegin-steevr
@December 10, 2005, 4:32 PM
BTW, hoping to order a convert once they start taking orders for the '07's in the spring. Top color choice is Vista Blue, but I'd also like to see the new Alloy Gray. Right now, Tungsten is a bit too lavender for me.
[/quote]

Will you go with the GT or will you go with a California Special?
Old 12/10/05, 05:51 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 95SVTCobraVA@December 10, 2005, 3:46 PM
How well has it kept the leather from wrinkling/cracking?
Will you go with the GT or will you go with a California Special?
Hey Tony,
I can't remember if you have waxed yours yet. If you havn't, How long are you going to wait? Hope the weather will be nice for your parade, we had great weather for ours today! Put a big red bow on top, like a Christmas present, and it is!
Old 12/10/05, 05:54 PM
GT Member

From what I understand, the California Special won't have a HP boast, or will it? If it's just a glorified Pony Package for the GT, then I'd be tempted to wait for 2008 hoping for a Bullitt or Mach edition. The Shelby will never be in my price range alas. I love my car now, but who knows what temptations will be out there down the line. As long as the prices don't get insane, I kinda feel like 2008 would be my most likely year to trade if thats what I end up doing myself.
Old 12/10/05, 06:09 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by SpiderMan79x@December 10, 2005, 4:57 PM
From what I understand, the California Special won't have a HP boast, or will it? If it's just a glorified Pony Package for the GT, then I'd be tempted to wait for 2008 hoping for a Bullitt or Mach edition. The Shelby will never be in my price range alas. I love my car now, but who knows what temptations will be out there down the line. As long as the prices don't get insane, I kinda feel like 2008 would be my most likely year to trade if thats what I end up doing myself.

SpiderMan,
I have never seen NXT wax out here, might have to check it out on the internet. Sounds like it worked for you. On the California Special, Out here Ford brought out a 06 California Edition. Looked at a Vista Blue one, had silver stripes, pony upgrades, IUP, Shaker 1000, leather, auto, but they are all V6's. They wanted almost 27K for it and I just had to have the V8. Really liked the sliver stripes with the Vista. Still kicking myself for not ordering the 18" bullitts like yours. :worship:
Old 12/10/05, 08:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Dan,

I found the NXT at my local PepBoys.
Old 12/10/05, 09:15 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by steevr@December 10, 2005, 9:55 PM
Dan,

I found the NXT at my local PepBoys.

Also, you can find it at Autozone, Walmart and Kmart for sure. I am willing to bet that a Target type store may also have it. I think autozone has the Liquid for around $15 and the paste around $16, so the other stores should be in that range or a few bucks higher I would guess. They also have a online store on the Mequiars website if all else fails.
Old 12/11/05, 07:40 AM
GT Member

Steevr & SpiderMan,
Thanks for the tips, mine was built on Nov 17th, how long should I wait to wax it?
Old 12/11/05, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mustangdans@December 10, 2005, 6:54 PM
Hey Tony,
I can't remember if you have waxed yours yet. If you havn't, How long are you going to wait? Hope the weather will be nice for your parade, we had great weather for ours today! Put a big red bow on top, like a Christmas present, and it is!
I have use the Meguire's Polish and Quick Detailer on her so far and that is working just fine for me right now. The road grim comes off very easy. The past week and a half has been rather cold out here I also have not had a chance to do a good wax job on her yet.

I understand you do not have to wait at all to wax your car. So go for it

The weather is bright and sunny today. There is still snow on the ground but the temps are suppose to get up to 50 today (Have I said I hate Winter)
Old 12/11/05, 09:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I like the NTX. Something else I've noticed about it, if you get a little on plastic or vinal it dosen't turn all white and crusty like regular polish.
Pic of my baby after a fresh coat!
Old 12/11/05, 03:15 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by CANES fan@December 11, 2005, 10:26 AM
I like the NTX. Something else I've noticed about it, if you get a little on plastic or vinal it dosen't turn all white and crusty like regular polish.
Pic of my baby after a fresh coat!

She looks awsome for sure. I like the fanblades too.
Old 12/11/05, 04:33 PM
M&M

has anyone ever used Cherry Wet Wax? I'm told it's comparable to Zainio and a lot less work. any impressions and comparisons?
Old 12/11/05, 04:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many coats of wax do you guys like to use?

Quick Reply: Favorite wax