Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Car Show: What's in your detail kit?

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/07, 09:32 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Show: What's in your detail kit?

Ok so you take your car to an auto show what do you bring as far as cleaning products? What are the best products to use for interrior and exterior? Do you wash and wax car before you drive to the show or do you wait till you get there then start detailing?
Old 3/25/07, 10:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i wash it the night before and do one coat of wax then in the morning i dust it and put on another coat of wax. When i get to the show i just quick detail the car and use some tire shine. my detail bag consits of Meguiers quick detail, Meguiers Gold or NXT paste wax, Meguiers spray on tire shine (Can not bottle), Rain-X car soap (not in the bag but what i use for hand wash). For the interior i use Meguiers interior detailer and Rain-X wipes and spray for the glass. Meguiers is the next best thing to Zaino without the cost, if done right Meguiers is just like Zaino, and Meguiers clay bar is a good step to take after you wash the car if you have time, if not it is still good to do to get rid of swirl marks
Old 3/26/07, 05:00 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None of that can hold a candle to the world's most expensive hand job.

Old 3/26/07, 05:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What the heck is that stuff?!? $7,118!!!!! It's a wax, not pure platinum!!
Old 3/26/07, 09:31 AM
GT Member

Taking into account that you've done all the hard work a day or two in advance on the exterior (wash, clay, wash, polish, wax, wax again, clean windows, clean/polish wheels, and clean/shine tires), the interior (glass, door jams, vacuum, dust, leather/vinyl cleaner and conditioner), and the engine bay (wipe down and dust everything you can see and/or reach), here are the basic car cleaning tools I have on hand for the actual show:
  • non-amonia window cleaner
  • good quality duster
  • a quality cleaner wax to clean off any crap that got on it during the drive to the show
  • Meguires Quick Detailer or equivalent
  • tire shine
  • Back to Black (for hoses under the hood, and any other black plastic pieces that show like spoilers, mirrors, fire wall cowling & rubber trim)
  • vinyl/leather conditioner
  • Polish for chrome (exhaust tips, rims); I use Mothers
  • rags for each product and an extra one or two just because....
What you need to bring with you depends a lot on what you do in advance, how long the drive to the show is, the road/weather conditions on the way to the show, and how much time you're gonna have to do detailing before the show or judging.