Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Car Show Prep: Interior Review / Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/07, 07:17 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Car Show Prep: Interior Review / Opinion

Ok, so I'm getting ready to enter a car show in two weeks. I'm trying to bling out my car. I’m looking for that custom look but don’t want to be too dramatic in the process. I’m not looking to win a NOPI contest but I would like to have my own style. I want your honest opinions on this stuff. I found these custom inserts on one of the forums and thought it looked awesome in the car. I haven’t seen these around much so it definitely adds a unique quality. I took the plunge and called up Passion Automotive Accessories Ltd. (www.passionautomotivelv.com). I talked to Dean great guy very knowledge and was willing to work with me as I had a certain color theme in mind. He shipped them out a couple of days later and man was I impressed when they arrived. Instructions were very simple and straight forward. What a HUGE difference it makes in the car. I was concerned about the grain or color not matching but they matched perfectly. It literally took me less than 45 minutes to install everything and that’s including the pics I took to post here. The console cushion was a little more elaborate and that alone took about 25 minutes.

Here is what I installed:
Headrest Accents
Console Cushion
Shifter Boot, (100% Leather, unlike the cheap vinyl factory one)
Door Handle Accents

I took some close up pics so you can see the difference in quality especially in the boot.

I didn’t want to go with the red accents as I thought this would have been a little over the top but I do love the way the black leather and red stitching work with the car, it’s subtle yet very noticeable not to dramatic.
Attached Thumbnails Car Show Prep: Interior Review / Opinion-pdrm1640.jpg   Car Show Prep: Interior Review / Opinion-pdrm1650.jpg   Car Show Prep: Interior Review / Opinion-pdrm1647.jpg   Car Show Prep: Interior Review / Opinion-pdrm1691.jpg   Car Show Prep: Interior Review / Opinion-pdrm1642.jpg  

Old 3/31/07, 07:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Headrest Cover-OK but if your going to spend the money I think you should've gotten something embroidered into them.
Something like these.
http://www.granddesignmat.com/gallerymushrw.htm

Shifter boot-Looks good.

Armrest-Looks like a goalee's shin guard. To puffy IMO.

Door handle inserts-Looks cheap, as if you just had a scrap of leather lying around and wrapped it on the door handle.

Sorry if it came of as harsh but you asked for an honest opinion.
Old 4/1/07, 01:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Geos05GTvert - Overall I think your interior looks great. While the basic design of the interiors of these cars is good it's my opinion that they need a little bit extra to make them really nice and I think you've hit on a nice combination there.
Old 4/1/07, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

The shifter boot looks great. Not really feeling the rest of the stuff though.
Old 4/1/07, 01:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
All that stuff looks okay, although I wouldn't install any of them on mine.

Need to put some Z-10 (or 16) on that armrest, looks a little light compared to the rest of the interior.
Old 4/2/07, 08:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Shifter Boot - Looks Good. (Not sold on Red Stitching)
Headrest Insert - It looks alright, it just looks wrapped around not like its a part of the seat. (how is it attached, Velcro at the bottom, stitched ??)
Armrest pad - Nice idea to replicate the leather seat pattern, just a bit too puffy and I don't like the red stitching.
Door Handle Insert - See headrest comment, not feeling these at all.

I agree with Bill, they look like they are a shade different color than the rest of the interior.

But once again all that matters is if YOU like it.
Old 4/2/07, 10:05 AM
Cobra R Member

You got the original right, but I wouldnt put that stuff on my car looks a bit tacky to me
Old 4/2/07, 12:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Will this stuff help you win at the show? Then it's all good.

I like the shifter boot and the center console looks good, except for the red stitching. It doesn't match the rest of the car.

Headrest wraps and door pull wraps were a waste of $$ IMHO, sorry...
Old 4/2/07, 12:52 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You wrote: "I’m not looking to win a NOPI contest but I would like to have my own style." That I think sums it up! This is your own style and what you like and based upon what you're seeing here, beauty is in he eye of the beholder. That's the challenge when you mod a car that you're going to show. You're betting on the judge liking 'your style" and 9 times out of 10 the answer is no. As a rule the more differentiating the mod the least likely it will be met with approval. It's simple human nature. So do what you want for yourself, but don't "bling" it out because you think you have to either. Reminds me of the girl that's subtle, pretty, and well balanced vs. the girl with tons of makeup, colored hair, flashy nails, and fake *****. Sure some guys like it, but not me!
Old 4/3/07, 08:47 AM
GT Member

Thanks I appreciate all the comments. The shade and leather match perfectly the only reason it might look a little off is because I Armorall'd the car the day before and didnt want to put it on the accents quite yet.

The centerconsole is one of my favorite items it's very soft on the arm on long drives. IMO the stiching matchs the exterior of the car and gives the interior a little color which it lacks. I think the interior is just to plain. I would aggree that if I had the front and rear seats stiched in red it would even look better but that would cost a pretty penny.

I thought that the changes were subtle and make a nice touch. Keep the opinions comming guys. Thanks for the input.

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Shifter Boot - Looks Good. (Not sold on Red Stitching)
Headrest Insert - It looks alright, it just looks wrapped around not like its a part of the seat. (how is it attached, Velcro at the bottom, stitched ??)
Armrest pad - Nice idea to replicate the leather seat pattern, just a bit too puffy and I don't like the red stitching.
Door Handle Insert - See headrest comment, not feeling these at all.

I agree with Bill, they look like they are a shade different color than the rest of the interior.

But once again all that matters is if YOU like it.
Old 4/3/07, 08:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Geos05GTvert
I would aggree that if I had the front and rear seats stiched in red it would even look better but that would cost a pretty penny.
That's an interesting idea, and it wouldn't make the others stand out so much. Hell it's only money go for it
Old 4/3/07, 09:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Geos05GTvert
I would aggree that if I had the front and rear seats stiched in red it would even look better but that would cost a pretty penny.
Like this Lambo...

Old 4/3/07, 10:13 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
How odd is that. I just got off the phone from leaving Dean a message, and the next thread I open up is about Passion Automotive.

I met Dean last month at the Mustang Club of Las Vegas monthly meeting (next one is tomorrow) and really liked the quality of his stuff too. I'm getting a parchment shifter boot from him, but decided against the arm rest cover. I just don't like the puffy-ness of it. Instead I got the stitched leather one from Kevin (05stangkc). It's a little more subtle, but still softer than the stock lid.

Dean's got a Black Mustang on order (at least it was still on order last month) and I'm sure he'll be doing more for the Mustangs as he gets into it.

I'm going to see if I can get some black Aberdeen vinyl from him too, so I can do the arm rests in the back.
Old 4/3/07, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

The only bling added in my interior is dash kit. My Stang took first in her class last weekend. My stang was the only one that had no stripes.
Good luck on your car show
Attached Thumbnails Car Show Prep: Interior Review / Opinion-dsc00952.jpg  
Old 4/4/07, 06:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mike05gt
The only bling added in my interior is dash kit. My Stang took first in her class last weekend. My stang was the only one that had no stripes.
Good luck on your car show

Angel and I were at the same show and she took 1st in her Class as well. But she is striped.

It is more about presentation (especially at a judged show) and in keeping with the style of your car than how much One "adds" to change the car.
Old 4/4/07, 03:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stangette
Angel and I were at the same show and she took 1st in her Class as well. But she is striped.

It is more about presentation (especially at a judged show) and in keeping with the style of your car than how much One "adds" to change the car.
Hi Linda, Angel sure is a beauty It was nice seeing you again