Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Can't catch a break...

Search this Thread

Old 8/3/05, 09:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So Sunday, I park under the front shade tree and get out my trusty Auto-dry gun and 100% Made in USA cotton towels and proceed to baby my Mustang. Full washing, drying, Meguires NXT waxing...being really tentative to clean EVERYTHING. In the end, I'm all hot and sweaty, kinda tired...but there she is...glowing with all the shiney and newness a good washing and waxing gives a car.

Monday, I go to work, being zealous as ever to park waaaay out in the sticks so that I won't get the beaters parked next to me and attempt to ding her. As I walk toward the building, I give the good ol' "look back" and appreciate all the hard work I did, just watching that nice proweness the car has in its clean form.

So I get off work and what happens? The mowing crew had mowed and had the exhaust pointed at the parking lot. My car is covered in nice dusting of dirt and grass shards. Then on the way home and being slightly disgusted I get rained on? WTH? There's no clouds? Oh wait...the idiot pickup two car lengths ahead of me is washing his windows? How much of the water is actually getting on his windows 'cause all of it seems to be landing on my car!

So now, my barely one day clean car is now dusted, grassed and water spotted... Sorry...had to vent.
Old 8/3/05, 09:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GASP!
I feel your pain... I cleaned my car Saturday, only to have a windy, dusty day that afternoon

Sometimes I think God is a Chevy man... lol
Old 8/3/05, 09:57 AM
GT Member

That blows about the mower dudes.
Old 8/3/05, 10:00 AM
V6 Member

I thought I was the only person with that kind of luck!
Old 8/3/05, 10:02 AM
Cobra Member

I have a great story. At the apartment complex I live in, you can rent covered spots for $35 per month. Obviously I did so. Then they installed sprinklers that happen to spray water under the covered parking. So, they rent out spaces to people who obviously care about keeping their vehicles out of the weather, and then install sprinklers to squirt water under the awning. How dumb is that?
Old 8/3/05, 10:04 AM
GT Member

Look on the bright side... you've got the wax coat on so just rinse her off and dry her and you should be good as new
Old 8/3/05, 10:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
lol, that stinks. When the lawn maintenace people come here I move my car.
I have the luxury of having windows/bay doors so I see when they arrive. Or else the same thing will happen here.
And the people washing thier windows in front of you, always seems it happens when you have a clean car! Grrr I hate that.
Old 8/3/05, 10:28 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by KansasCityTim@August 3, 2005, 10:05 AM
I have a great story. At the apartment complex I live in, you can rent covered spots for $35 per month. Obviously I did so. Then they installed sprinklers that happen to spray water under the covered parking. So, they rent out spaces to people who obviously care about keeping their vehicles out of the weather, and then install sprinklers to squirt water under the awning. How dumb is that?

you GOTTA be kidding me...... that is SUPREMELY retarded......
Old 8/3/05, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Glad I can fit my cars in the garage...
Old 8/3/05, 02:09 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@August 3, 2005, 12:05 PM
Those sprinklers are real easy to adjust............................
Old 8/3/05, 02:31 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Boltzman@August 3, 2005, 2:12 PM
Those sprinklers are real easy to adjust............................
IE break off.
Old 8/3/05, 02:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Vandil@August 3, 2005, 2:34 PM
IE break off.
The I will have a geyser right in front of my car.
Old 8/3/05, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@August 3, 2005, 2:46 PM
Easy fix......just put an empty bucket over it at night.
Old 8/3/05, 03:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Wink

Originally posted by Stoenr@August 3, 2005, 11:27 AM
lol, that stinks. When the lawn maintenace people come here I move my car.
I have the luxury of having windows/bay doors so I see when they arrive. Or else the same thing will happen here.
And the people washing thier windows in front of you, always seems it happens when you have a clean car! Grrr I hate that.
They do that because they can see your car behind them all shiny and clean and they then have to look ahead and see how disgusting and horriblely dirty their vehicle is...so in an effort to feel better about how their nasty dirty vehicle looks they use the windshield fluid, and if it ruins the cleanliness of the car behind then...well thats just a bonus! Then your car is as dirty as theirs...its a never ending cycle! If my cars clean , its gonna rain or i'm gonna get stuck behind a dump truck or SOMETHING! :bang:
Old 8/3/05, 09:06 PM
Bullitt Member

My dad owns a commercial landscape company here in orlando, every day someone from one of the office buildings they take care of calls saying theres grass all over their car, sometimes rocks hit their cars, i think that its safer to park in the middle of the parking lot surrounded by asphalt than be near any sort of lawn equipment
Old 8/3/05, 09:16 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@August 3, 2005, 4:46 PM
seriously though,you can turn the head while it is on so it sprays away from your car..no harm,no foul
Old 8/4/05, 09:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Budders@August 3, 2005, 9:09 PM
My dad owns a commercial landscape company here in orlando, every day someone from one of the office buildings they take care of calls saying theres grass all over their car, sometimes rocks hit their cars, i think that its safer to park in the middle of the parking lot surrounded by asphalt than be near any sort of lawn equipment
Ya know...it ain't that hard to mow and point the "exhaust" away from cars. No sympathy from me. Growing up, I had to mow my dad's lawn at his business and there was a pattern I found that blew the grass away from traffic and his parking lot.

It just boils down to people not giving a crap about property that's not theirs.
Old 8/4/05, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I know it's not hard, the first thing in the mowing training video is "make sure to point to the baffle away from cars and pedestrians" its like you said, the people doing the mowing just don't care
Old 8/4/05, 11:16 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Ya, it never fails. Everytime I wash the car something always happens. I park in a section far away from other cars at work. There is no grass in that area. Well one day we watched a guy drive a tractor with a grass cutter on the back, into the ditch in front of my car to "cut" a few weeds. Must say how unimpressed I was. I have been here for almost 5 years and have never seen someone do that before.