Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/05 | 01:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hi, I have a black 2005 mustang and the paint chips on my front bumper from rocks is sickening!!! I thought of getting the COLGAN bra, but not sure how it would look (black on black). I found this ad on EBAY, but I have never heard of this before: 2005 Clear Bra for 2005 MUSTANG
Old 4/14/05 | 01:51 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

find a clear bra dealer in your area... I have seen these on other cars... they look okay and they do work. Its pricey

I have avoided most issues with black so far...

Also -dont ever put a car bra (leather or vinyl) on your car - sand and dirt get trapped under it during bad weather. When you drive the wind causes it to rub - even when cinched tight - acts like sand paper on your car's clearcoat and paint... BAD news -- I made that mistake years ago.. had to have the front end repainted on my sports car.
Old 4/14/05 | 02:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Andrew. Makes sense with the bra, holding dirt, never thought of that.

I will check around about the clear bra dealers. I understand it may be pricey, but I hate the chips in my paint!!

Thanks again, since no one resonding I was wondering if I wrote in clear text! LOL
Old 4/14/05 | 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

The clear bra is worth it, IMHO. I plan to have it put on after I get the stripes painted. Right now I the stripes are vinyl. I plan to get the little chips I have now fixed before getting it put on.
Old 4/14/05 | 03:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Janet --- I think I will invest in the clear bra, seems like the best solution.

BTW, nice looking car... I cant decide if I want the stripes or not. I like the sleek look, but the striped stangs catch my eye everytime!!
Old 4/14/05 | 03:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'll be getting it shortly after picking up my car.
Old 4/14/05 | 04:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@April 14, 2005, 2:27 PM
Thanks Janet --- I think I will invest in the clear bra, seems like the best solution.

BTW, nice looking car... I cant decide if I want the stripes or not. I like the sleek look, but the striped stangs catch my eye everytime!!

Thanks! It's coming along. Are you going get the chips fixed before you have the clearbra put on? Someone I know had the clearbra put on when she bought a used 350Z and it seems like the few rocks chips she had were more noticable after she got it put on. Maybe it depends on the color of your car though, I'm not sure.
Old 4/14/05 | 07:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking

car bras are fine, but must be taken off often and area cleaned and waxed!
The work of keeping any new car in top condition is a work of love. It's something that end when you get your next dream!
Happy Trails!!
Old 4/15/05 | 07:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks! It's coming along. Are you going get the chips fixed before you have the clearbra put on? Someone I know had the clearbra put on when she bought a used 350Z and it seems like the few rocks chips she had were more noticable after she got it put on. Maybe it depends on the color of your car though, I'm not sure.

Yes, I will get the chips fixed before hand... still have to find a dealer that has the clear bras --- :scratch: