Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Amazing wheel clear coat spray! Must Have

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/14, 08:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Amazing wheel clear coat spray! Must Have

Here is a product I have been recently using on my wheels and its great. Wal Mart sells a bottle for just under $7 dollars. You just spray it on the wheels after they are washed. Its a clear coat spray and it keeps brake dust, road grime and dirt from sticking onto the wheels. Think of it, as like butter spray or PAM on a pan. It keeps the food from sticking onto the pan when cooking.

This clear coat spray helps keep brake dust and road grime from sticking onto the wheels. What dirt and brake dust does get onto the wheels , its super easy too clean off by wiping or spraying water.

I have had it on my wheels for two weeks now and the brake dust and road grime is minimal and its a great product.

Highly recommend!

Name:  ForumRunner_20140312_225954.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  19.5 KB
Old 3/13/14, 05:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking for something like this. Always thought it wasn't in walmarts or targets etc.
Old 3/13/14, 07:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Just be careful spraying it.

You do NOT want that stuff on your rotors
Old 3/13/14, 07:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Gabe
Just be careful spraying it.

You do NOT want that stuff on your rotors
Why is that bro? I mean what happens if it gets on your rotors?
Old 3/13/14, 07:34 AM
Cobra Member

I plan on applying this after a really good wash of the wheels off the car. I swap wheels/tires for my summers soon. So I won't have to worry about the rotors.
Old 3/13/14, 07:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Why is that bro? I mean what happens if it gets on your rotors?
It glazes them up, then you end up with squeaking.

Happens a lot to people that spray wheel cleaners onto the wheels and the overspray gets onto the rotors.

Some cleaners are worse at glazing up the rotors than others ...
Old 3/13/14, 08:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Gabe

It glazes them up, then you end up with squeaking.

Happens a lot to people that spray wheel cleaners onto the wheels and the overspray gets onto the rotors.

Some cleaners are worse at glazing up the rotors than others ...
Thanks for the tip. I had no idea. I'll be careful and perhaps cover the rotors up when spraying it. Like when plasti dip wheels so the rotors and calipers don't get sprayed.
Old 3/13/14, 08:30 AM
Detailing Guru

No need to worry about your brakes. This stuff isn't strong enough to handle heat in the upper hundreds of degrees. This stuff truly works great and I've recommended it to many.
Old 3/13/14, 08:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by MarcHarris
No need to worry about your brakes. This stuff isn't strong enough to handle heat in the upper hundreds of degrees. This stuff truly works great and I've recommended it to many.
So , this Armor All wheel protector won't stay on the brake calipers because of the heat? The product really does work on the wheels keeping road grime and brake shavings off.
Old 3/13/14, 10:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been using this stuff for awhile now, works great at keeping brake dust of the rims.
Old 3/13/14, 10:23 AM

thanks for sharing, had no idea. Will be picking some on my next trip to Wally World.
Old 3/13/14, 10:41 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Glad I could pass this info along. I got a question if anyone knows. If someone has their wheels plasti dip does this Armor All wheel protection work on keeping the brake dust and road grime from sticking too the plasti dip as well?
Old 3/13/14, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Another option is this: http://www.autogeek.net/pbws.html

I've been using it since it came out a couple of yrs ago, & I really like it. Like all Poorboy's products, it's easy to apply & wipe off.
Old 3/13/14, 11:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by mcate
Another option is this: http://www.autogeek.net/pbws.html

I've been using it since it came out a couple of yrs ago, & I really like it. Like all Poorboy's products, it's easy to apply & wipe off.
Yeah, I seen that the other day. My new addiction is auto geek. What a awesome web site full of amazing detailing products. I just ordered some more stuff from them the other day which the one thing is that speed wheel brush. Lol. I also got a sweet bucket with a grit guard. Lol

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 3/13/14 at 11:31 AM.
Old 3/13/14, 11:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MarcHarris
I find this quite amazing! People like Marc, give this item praise, and others on this forum think it's complete ****. Kind of interesting. Thanks for the input. And kona, I use this too and it works well.
Old 3/13/14, 11:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by MDkid92
I find this quite amazing! People like Marc, give this item praise, and others on this forum think it's complete ****. Kind of interesting. Thanks for the input. And kona, I use this too and it works well.
I noticed one member on here hates Armor All products and thinks they are all crap. Lol! This particular wheel protection spray seems too work awesome but what do I know. Lol! I'm certainly no professional detailer but this product is working for me. Lol
Old 3/13/14, 12:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

I noticed one member on here hates Armor All products and thinks they are all crap. Lol! This particular wheel protection spray seems too work awesome but what do I know. Lol! I'm certainly no professional detailer but this product is working for me. Lol
I don't like many armor all products either, they have chemicals in their products that effects the surfaces (exterior and interior,) but a select aren't that bad to use. It's just weird that one car car guru likes and recommends it, yet another hates it.
Old 3/13/14, 12:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Make that two, unless you're referring to me. It may work now, but just considering their track record, the ill effects could come over time. I'd rather use another product, from a better company, even if it costs more. Just sayin'...
Old 3/13/14, 12:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38

Make that two, unless you're referring to me. It may work now, but just considering their track record, the ill effects could come over time. I'd rather use another product, from a better company, even if it costs more. Just sayin'...
Lol. Member Zto5 hates Armor All products as he educated me on that the other day. Lol. The only other Armor All product I use would be those interior plastic wipes that shine up your dash board plastics. I have no idea if they are a good product too use. I know they make my plastics shine but other than that no clue. Lol

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 3/13/14 at 12:50 PM.
Old 3/13/14, 12:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
that's why I'd be selective of their products. Some are ok, but I won't use their car wash or anything similar to clean the car.

Quick Reply: Amazing wheel clear coat spray! Must Have