General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

ZIEBART Finish?

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/11, 06:39 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZIEBART Finish?

Got a new 2011 GT Vert about a month ago. Apparently it came with something called Ziebart, dealer said it had to do with the paint. Still not exactly sure what it all meant. Anyways if any of yall know what this is I would really appreciate an explanation that makes sense!
Andy
Old 2/23/11, 06:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vmilax2007
Got a new 2011 GT Vert about a month ago. Apparently it came with something called Ziebart, dealer said it had to do with the paint. Still not exactly sure what it all meant. Anyways if any of yall know what this is I would really appreciate an explanation that makes sense!
Andy
Ziebart is a company that we have in Canada lol and they do something called paint protection...basically they spray the car with a protective coating that helps prevent the paint from fading in the sun......but they also sell this product so your dealer must have did the procedure themselves....it does other things to help protect the paint finish to but I can't remember it all...hope this helps
Old 2/23/11, 07:34 PM
V6 Member

Thanks man...yeah that helps a bit! Upon going to the website I found they have some stores around my area as well...Indianapolis. They seem to do a lot of exterior work such as detailing and tinting.
Old 2/23/11, 07:38 PM
Banned

Thanks man...yeah that helps a bit! Upon going to the website I found they have some stores around my area as well...Indianapolis. They seem to do a lot of exterior work such as detailing and tinting.
Same as here man!! They tint all my windows! On my old 07 gt I got that paint perfection done and it's well worth it in my opinion! It's like there is always a fresh coat of wax on it the water was beading off my car 3 years later!
Old 2/23/11, 09:18 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Andy
Andy,
Zeibert uses a paint sealant that you can apply yourself. They claim it doesn't break down, but it does. They offer a lifetime guarantee, but only if you go there and pay to have them re-apply it annually. They sell it at the retail level and while it offers decent protection, it doesn't offer the best optics. Honestly, like most dealer stuff, it's just an add-on that they overcharge for. Depending on how much you care for your car, you're probably better off using a better product such as Zaino to care for your paint. Zeibart is a paint sealant, similar to a long lasting wax, nothing more.

Edit: Oh, and check out the Car Care subforum for more and better info on car care. Some of the guys there really know how to bring out not just a show room shine, but a show car shine. I've learned quite a bit there on proper paint care.

Last edited by 05GT-O.C.D.; 2/23/11 at 09:22 PM.
Old 2/24/11, 10:12 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.

Andy,
Zeibert uses a paint sealant that you can apply yourself. They claim it doesn't break down, but it does. They offer a lifetime guarantee, but only if you go there and pay to have them re-apply it annually. They sell it at the retail level and while it offers decent protection, it doesn't offer the best optics. Honestly, like most dealer stuff, it's just an add-on that they overcharge for. Depending on how much you care for your car, you're probably better off using a better product such as Zaino to care for your paint. Zeibart is a paint sealant, similar to a long lasting wax, nothing more.

Edit: Oh, and check out the Car Care subforum for more and better info on car care. Some of the guys there really know how to bring out not just a show room shine, but a show car shine. I've learned quite a bit there on proper paint care.
Hey man thanks for the details on this...that was exactly what I was looking for. The stang I bought had at already applied to it so looks as if it's already on there. I think it's cheap to reapply it...well see anyways. I'll check out the car care forum...I'm sure I'll get some good info on there. I've always had a reputation in my neighborhood as the guy always washing and waxing haha. Anyways thanks again for the info!
Old 2/24/11, 10:18 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Daddyd666

Same as here man!! They tint all my windows! On my old 07 gt I got that paint perfection done and it's well worth it in my opinion! It's like there is always a fresh coat of wax on it the water was beading off my car 3 years later!
Hey man! With your paint perfection on there do you still wax your car? If so, what have you been using? I have yet to wax my new 2011 but on my old 06 GT that I just sold I was using turtle wax...same as dad from the old days haha. In between waxes I have been using Lucas Oil quick mist wax...it's really good stuff...IMO.
Old 2/24/11, 01:37 PM
Banned

Hey man! With your paint perfection on there do you still wax your car? If so, what have you been using? I have yet to wax my new 2011 but on my old 06 GT that I just sold I was using turtle wax...same as dad from the old days haha. In between waxes I have been using Lucas Oil quick mist wax...it's really good stuff...IMO.
Ya instill wax once in a while I use mothers products the fx series and love it and in between waxes I use the mothers fx spray wax speed detailer. But even if I don't wax just using the spot free rinse at the local car wash the water beads off nicely with that pain protection! And that paint protection just makes the cleaning so much faster and easier!!