General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/13, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why?

I already know the answer but I still have to ask it...

I've had my Mustang GT about 6 weeks now. When I was doing some work on it this weekend I noticed about 7 door dings and paint scuffs on the passenger side. Now I drive my car a lot. I'm careful were I park it. It's sits in my garage every night. I do drive it to work quite a bit (where I think this is happening).

Why are other people so careless? Are they jealous, hateful, spiteful or just don't care at all? It makes me sick! I've worked very hard to get this car. Taken me over ten years to get a car like this!

I guess I could just park in in the garage and just look at it, never drive it, that's not going to happen.

I absolutely love my Mustang and wish people would have respect for my car!

Does this happen to you? Please share your stories, I know I'm not the only one this happens to, but today it feels like it!
Old 8/5/13, 04:16 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I've had my car a year and a half, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a car park within one spot of mine (not counting car meets/shows where people are inherently trustworthy), and I drive my car every day.

Other "people" simply don't care.
Old 8/5/13, 06:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
What I find upsetting is how many dings I get at work and not a public place like a Mall or something. The people here just do not give a you know what!
Old 8/5/13, 07:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I always park my Mustang in the far end of the parking lot and in an end space if possible.

One thing you can do is get a couple of pool noodles, cut out a few small sections and insert magnets... attach these to your car doors so they can be protected from the inconsiderate drivers who don't care and don't give a fat rat's rump when they open their car doors...
Old 8/5/13, 07:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Name:  car_door_protectors_group.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  25.0 KB
Old 8/5/13, 08:00 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 954 Likes on 582 Posts
I also park far away from everyone else and try to find end spots as well. That eliminates many problems plus it's good exercise
Another thing I do is to find other driver's decent cars and park next to them, especially other Mustang owners. They might be a bit more careful, thinking along the same lines as the rest of us. Avoid minivans (kids) like the plague plus any large SUV's or trucks for obvious space problems.
Once you feel that you have solved most of your 'ding' problems, find a Paintless Dent Removal guy to fix your Mustang.
Old 8/5/13, 12:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
People just don't pay attention. They walk between cars carrying bags, back packs, etc., and brush them against others vehicles. Frustrating as hell.
Old 8/5/13, 12:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You've got to park like this:

Name:  ForumRunner_20130805_145038.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  21.6 KB

Or this:

Name:  ForumRunner_20130805_145223.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  17.9 KB
Old 8/5/13, 02:32 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Skylar
You've got to park like this:

Attachment 143197

Or this:

Attachment 143198
+1

I have no dings on any door so far, I'm very lucky. I always park next to a couple nice cars at work, usually in between a M3 and a vette. I know both of them so we're all respectful of each others car.
Old 8/5/13, 07:52 PM

You don't happen to park in your garages left stall and the wife in the right stall, do you?

When I had my red "new edge" I started noticing dings and white scuffs on my passenger door. It was the wife letting her Outlook's doors lean against the red stang while she rummaging for things in her vehicle.

Once I got the PW '11 CS, I warned her not to dare do it to this one. Caught her once about to try it. I yelled and cussed her out big time, and for weeks would follow her out to the garage when she would go to get something. It annoyed the heck out of her. But, she doesn't do it anymore. Once in a while I still will peek out into the garage when she goes out there just as a reminder. She rolls her eyes and tells me I'm too obsessed with my "stang".

Last edited by kherman; 8/5/13 at 07:55 PM.
Old 8/6/13, 12:17 AM

No not married. The car is in a one car garage! I know it's happening at work. I can tell four of the paint chips are from the same car or probably truck since they are so high on the door. Same depth all about the same area on the door on the upper body line, the rest are rubs, lower on the door. Oh well, I'll get some touch up paint and go to the detail shop.
Old 8/6/13, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by kherman
You don't happen to park in your garages left stall and the wife in the right stall, do you?

When I had my red "new edge" I started noticing dings and white scuffs on my passenger door. It was the wife letting her Outlook's doors lean against the red stang while she rummaging for things in her vehicle.

Once I got the PW '11 CS, I warned her not to dare do it to this one. Caught her once about to try it. I yelled and cussed her out big time, and for weeks would follow her out to the garage when she would go to get something. It annoyed the heck out of her. But, she doesn't do it anymore. Once in a while I still will peek out into the garage when she goes out there just as a reminder. She rolls her eyes and tells me I'm too obsessed with my "stang".
If a wife repeatedly 'dings' a muscle car here in Nascar country in NC, it is grounds for a divorce. If she 'dings' the mailman, that might be OK. We have our priorities.
Old 8/6/13, 07:03 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,629 Posts
Originally Posted by NC07GTCS

If a wife repeatedly 'dings' a muscle car here in Nascar country in NC, it is grounds for a divorce. If she 'dings' the mailman, that might be OK. We have our priorities.
Old 8/10/13, 05:22 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shiazv@gmail.com
Has anyone purchased these or the similar versions offered online? I wonder how well they actually work on stopping a door considering the people that are putting the dings in the passenger door seem to be doing it on purpose. And its only when she drives the Mustang to work, the customers/co workers at her job are a group of special people. Instead of being happy for someone getting a nice vehicle they get pissed and try to damage it (they have flat out told her they would put dents in the car to **** her off).

It just doesn't make sense to me how people can be so hateful. At my work everyone respects each others vehicles no matter what kind you drive. If you get pissed at someone you handle it like adults and confront them, you don't go out and slam your door into theirs.

What did my poor innocent Mustang do to them to deserve such abuse?

Last edited by DRaider90; 8/10/13 at 05:27 PM.
Old 8/14/13, 04:40 PM

I've talked to several people and their has been quite a few cars that this has happened to. One guy had his car keyed from front to back, others have had their cars spit on! What is wrong with people it's like were in Jr high! I decided i'm not going to drive my Mustang to work ever again!
Old 8/16/13, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by black-sunshine
I've talked to several people and their has been quite a few cars that this has happened to. One guy had his car keyed from front to back, others have had their cars spit on! What is wrong with people it's like were in Jr high! I decided i'm not going to drive my Mustang to work ever again!
Jealousy has always been a bad trait among the 'low lifes' of society. It will never change. Their pea brain mentality is simply "I'm too stupid to ever own something nice so I'll make sure I mess with everyone else's ride."

Just a side note: Back in the 80's, when Ferrari fever hit the 'well to do' in LA we noticed on a trip how many Ferraris we saw that had been keyed from front to back. It was so stunning that we watched for this sad state of affairs throughout our 2 week trip. We saw plenty of Ferraris in this period and estimated 50% were keyed.

Last edited by NC14GT; 8/16/13 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 8/16/13, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by black-sunshine
It's a regular occurrence here in 'car-hating Switzerland' as well. But then again people act as if though the Anti-Christ has descended into their perfect little word when you just take your ride out for a spin.

Scratches, dents, spit are no rarity depending on where you park your car. But what has also happened is that some of the eco-mentalists started undoing the screws on the wheels of larger SUVs. They are mentally so underdeveloped that they can't understand how dangerous this is and that they risk lives of not only the driver but everyone that is present when things go sideways.

NC07GTCS got it right, it's mainly an issue of jealousy. They can't have it and they don't want you to have it either so they try to damage it.
Old 8/16/13, 06:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is the main reason I keep my Stang locked up in my toy box (3500 sq ft shop) and when I do drive it I park it in the furthest spot from the front door of the place Im going to. Haters gonna hate and potatoes gonna potate
Old 8/16/13, 09:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Most people are fat and they have to open their doors as far as possible to get out. I guess parking lot designers need to take that into account, bigger people, bigger parking spots.
Old 8/17/13, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Deuce
It's a regular occurrence here in 'car-hating Switzerland' as well. But then again people act as if though the Anti-Christ has descended into their perfect little word when you just take your ride out for a spin.

Scratches, dents, spit are no rarity depending on where you park your car. But what has also happened is that some of the eco-mentalists started undoing the screws on the wheels of larger SUVs. They are mentally so underdeveloped that they can't understand how dangerous this is and that they risk lives of not only the driver but everyone that is present when things go sideways.

NC07GTCS got it right, it's mainly an issue of jealousy. They can't have it and they don't want you to have it either so they try to damage it.

That's just sad.
I'm afraid the eco-***** in this country have the same agenda. I appreciate my three V8 engines every day of the year. They won't exist some day.