General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

When you think about it - we're a lucky bunch....

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/13, 08:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love the story Chris!
Old 3/23/13, 06:10 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xar
I am in my 40's (43 next month) - my mom and dad always talked about the cool cars they drove when they turned 16 (in the 60's)... my dad was crazy, my mom took her girlfriends out and did quarter mile races with friends.... I on the other hand got a Mazda truck at 16 (1986) and was happy for having a car, I then got married, had very sensible cars, then divorced, had another truck (toyota this time), all the cars I ever owned were 4 bangers........ but my problem all along is this.

My dad owned a 5.0 fox back in the 80's (probably bought it 82-84, can't remember exactly now). it was an amazing car, I don't remember the acceleration, the sound, nothing... I just knew my dad owned a MUSTANG... and from then I was sold. I dreamed of owning a mustang all my life.

Now I do. Many of you are more fortunate than I, you've owned some great muscle cars in your life, and many have owned at least one mustang.

I on the other hand had to go out to my garage and just "look" at my car, love everything about it, can't wait to drive it, dream about what I can do to mod it like you guys all talk about (and have to a small extent), but to be honest, I still - to this day - believe that I finally got the car of my dreams. A dream that has lasted over decades (well, to be honest probably 30 years now). I love that it's Gotta Have It Green. I love my new boss 302 quad exhaust sound, I drive in the cold with the heater up and the window down just to hear it....

it's a dream come true. and I'm glad I can share it with fellow enthusiasts like you guys.

I know there are other who feel like this, and I'm glad to share this with others who feel the same, thanks for reading

Just wanted to share a little mustang love tonight.

It's my grandfathers birthday this sunday, he was born in Cork, Ireland in 1906, and because of him I'm here today, he's passed now, but I feel the green mustang (and my first St. Patrick's Day with it), are a tribute to him in a way, maybe I see too much into things. So, to all those Irish among us (and those who celebrate anyhow), I cheer you with Jameson s and Guinness.

Long Live the MUSTANG!!!!

I think we are especially lucky since the V8 as we know will soo be on its way out because of the unrealistic govt mpg requirements that are coming for all cars in the USA, so I think the V8's days are numbered but that could have also been said in the 80's, but either way I agree with you long live the Mustang and love live a V8 Mustang!