General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

What I want in a Vendor

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/08 | 03:01 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

What I want in a Vendor

The following things IMO would be consider the pros and cons of me buying (or buying a 2nd time) from a Vendor.

Pro's

I love free shipping or at least letting me see what the shipping costs will be before going though 3 pages of my Information.

I would love to know if you have the item in stock or will it be dropped shipped from another Company or Back ordered. Sometimes I buy because the Vendor is close to me but it's a Con if he has to drop ship it from the far coast.

I would love to get an e-mail telling me that the item has been shipped and a tracking number. Or I would love to get an e-mail tell me there is a problem and give me the options.

I would like to see a picture of the item not a stock picture of something that is close to it.

Con's

I hate it when after 1 week of no shipment the Vendor tells me to be patient it will arrive sometime. Or they tell me the shipper must have lost it. Remember it isn't mine until I get it, its your responability until it comes to my home.

Perhaps if they couldn't bill for the item until we got it delivered they would be more helpfully.

I hate not getting a tracking number

I hate it when they drop ship it from a different place.

I hate it when a Vendor has Free Shipping but charges you a big Handling fee.

I know I'm venting here, the last several items I have ordered were late getting here (over a week and counting for a part being shipped form Kentucky to Indiana with a confirming e-mail that it has been sent over a week ago).

I'm really looking for 2 or 3 good customer service minded Vendors that care about staying in business enough to help us. I would buy from them every time.
Old 3/19/08 | 03:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Darrell,
I couldn't agree more. It really comes down to just being honest with your customers. I think a lot of places drop ship things from other places and it is not really coming from the place you ordered it and that causes the delay. That I can understand....just tell me that.
Scott

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 3/19/08 at 03:14 PM.
Old 3/19/08 | 03:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

+1 I agree with Scott, just be honest.

Last edited by tom281; 3/19/08 at 05:26 PM.
Old 3/19/08 | 05:25 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

I would really like to keep names out of all of this but the truth be told, I have have some small problems with the above company but all in all I would have no problem buying from them again.

Last edited by dly; 3/19/08 at 07:15 PM.
Old 3/19/08 | 05:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
I would really like to keep names out of all of this but the truth be told, I have have some small problems with the above company but all in all I would have no problem buying from them again.
Understood.

Last edited by tom281; 3/19/08 at 07:44 PM.
Old 3/19/08 | 06:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

I would just like them returning my PM's regarding some items that I would like to buy!
Old 3/19/08 | 10:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Its all about communication. Right now I'm having communication issues with the shop I purchased my blower from(no one from here). Its alittle annoying...
Old 3/19/08 | 10:40 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I would just like them returning my PM's regarding some items that I would like to buy!
Hey there,

HOPEFULLY You havent sent me a PM that I havent returned Personal preference for me though - is to receive e-mail at work. Thats why most of the time I post my phone number and e-mail address. If I receive e-mail - I can leave it in my in-box until its taken care of (as a reminder to myself)

Page