General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

what to do, just deal with it?

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/05, 01:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A month ago I took my car in to have it looked at for front end strut popping, which had been previously "fixed" with the new replacement (TSB) parts. The service guy told me yes it was the struts again and Ford had a whole new kit, that was ofcourse on back order. So he says he put an order in and should get it within a couple weeks. So I have heard nothing from them and decide to call and see if they may have just neglected to call me as they did previously on the first fix.

The service writer who helped me had moved into sales so they switch me to the parts dept, no parts, no order, nothing. So back to the first lady I talked to and she says everyones at lunch I could leave a voice mail with my problem which I declined.

I bought this car dec 15th 2004 and have been dealing with trying to get the front end fixed for much of that time. I have been very patient with them. This dealerships customer service makes FORD look like a poor manufactuer, because to me (your average customer) they ARE Ford. I am almost embarassed to drive my car with all the popping and clunking it makes. I want to give them the chance to make things right but how many days off from work am I expected to waste sitting at a dealership hoping they finally get things right?

Can I just take it to a different Ford dealership for warenty work? Or should I continue working with the dealership I bought the car from?

So far Im very dissapointed in Ford dealerships, of the half dozen I dealt with the only one I had a good experiance with is about an hour from my home.

I recieved far better customer service with my $16K Honda than I have with my $28K Ford, maybe they should take a look at how their dealerships are handling customers when they investigate why their market share slips away to imports.

Dealership Is Ken Grody Ford of Buena Park California FYI.

Sorry to rant. Just very dissapointed.
Old 9/9/05, 12:30 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by nynvolt@September 8, 2005, 1:33 PM
A month ago I took my car in to have it looked at for front end strut popping, which had been previously "fixed" with the new replacement (TSB) parts. The service guy told me yes it was the struts again and Ford had a whole new kit, that was ofcourse on back order. So he says he put an order in and should get it within a couple weeks. So I have heard nothing from them and decide to call and see if they may have just neglected to call me as they did previously on the first fix.

The service writer who helped me had moved into sales so they switch me to the parts dept, no parts, no order, nothing. So back to the first lady I talked to and she says everyones at lunch I could leave a voice mail with my problem which I declined.

I bought this car dec 15th 2004 and have been dealing with trying to get the front end fixed for much of that time. I have been very patient with them. This dealerships customer service makes FORD look like a poor manufactuer, because to me (your average customer) they ARE Ford. I am almost embarassed to drive my car with all the popping and clunking it makes. I want to give them the chance to make things right but how many days off from work am I expected to waste sitting at a dealership hoping they finally get things right?

Can I just take it to a different Ford dealership for warenty work? Or should I continue working with the dealership I bought the car from?

So far Im very dissapointed in Ford dealerships, of the half dozen I dealt with the only one I had a good experiance with is about an hour from my home.

I recieved far better customer service with my $16K Honda than I have with my $28K Ford, maybe they should take a look at how their dealerships are handling customers when they investigate why their market share slips away to imports.

Dealership Is Ken Grody Ford of Buena Park California FYI.

Sorry to rant. Just very dissapointed.
Sorry to hear about your frustration with the dealership service dept.. Any Ford dealer can perform the warranty work however they do not have to give you priority since you did not buy there. Some dealers will bend over backwards for another dealer's customer to hopefully win them over as a customer for the next time. Good luck!
Old 9/11/05, 04:53 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
You also have the option of taking it to a Lincoln-Mercury dealership.
That's what I have to do since my local Ford dealership is just as bad as yours.

I wonder if a Mazda dealer could do warranty work?
Old 9/11/05, 07:44 AM
Cobra Member

Since the guy did not even order my parts, do you think it'd be wrong to politely complain to the store manager. If so what is the title of the person I should speak with? I'm not one to complain or cause problems but this was as if they completely disregarded me and my time spent, not to mention the money I spent there.
Old 9/11/05, 11:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

i would atleast say something too him. squeaky wheel gets the oil. ive been lucky. the ford dealer i goto is always helpful. and makes sure i am happy with the results. good luck.
Old 9/12/05, 08:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too feel as if the people you get when dealing with Ford dealers almost always are the problem rather than the solution oriented, customer service focused people at "other" dealerships.

When I had my BMW, those guys would take care of everything including washing and cleaning the car when service was complete. You even got mints and a personalized card on the seat so you could personally call the guy that worked on the car if something was wrong.

I've already caught Ford dealers outright lying blatantly about parts being on order, etc.

Ford and their dealer population could certainly benefit from some training in these areas. I realize a Ford isn't a BMW but in some cases, the Ford dealers issue worse service and customer handling than Kia dealers.

Old 9/20/05, 08:49 AM
Cobra R Member

I have been waiting for months to have my parts come in. COWLES FORD in WOODBRIDGE VA is not doing too well in my book.