General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Warranty exception?

Search this Thread

Old 12/21/15, 09:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty exception?

So i take my stang to an official dealer in for an oil change, bring it back, and see all my stuff adjusted. So i try to use the up / down seat adjustments only to find out its not working... I never touch that, neither anyone else drives my car.... So now what? I am pretty pissed tho, how can i tell ford that its not working as before i brought it in? its not even 3 years old, but has 37k. Do you think i will have problems? The dash also has squeals... I want them to cover all that...
Old 12/22/15, 12:32 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How about taking the car back and ask the service department to take a look? I picked up my car one time and something wasn't working and the fix was as simple as a connector was not fully plugged in. I understand you are unhappy that the seat stopped working, but first give the dealer a chance to make it right. You might be surprised.
Old 12/22/15, 12:55 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Seems to be a common problem, and you're probably SOL.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...overed-539656/

They'll be glad to fix it for about $900 apparently.
Old 12/23/15, 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Seems to be a common problem, and you're probably SOL.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...overed-539656/

They'll be glad to fix it for about $900 apparently.
Thats my point man... I am 1298 miles over my 36K but I bought my car with 4400 Miles on the dial. So technically i should of had to 40K with the fact that it came with 4K miles and was sold as new to me.

Anyhow, I bought the car on the 7th of December for an Oil change. Everything worked other than the rattle/squeak that came from the dash area ( something that they wanted to take a look )

I been taking my car to the dealer every time. What sucks is that I bought the car, and adjusted the seat only once. Never touched it again, the fact that it failed this early is BS! The only time i have to re-adjust my seat is each time after service since my tech has to adjust to fit in ( not to blame anyone )... Something has to be done!
Old 12/23/15, 09:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by skramblr
How about taking the car back and ask the service department to take a look? I picked up my car one time and something wasn't working and the fix was as simple as a connector was not fully plugged in. I understand you are unhappy that the seat stopped working, but first give the dealer a chance to make it right. You might be surprised.
Thats what I am doing man...