General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Stupid NewB Question

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/11, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stupid NewB Question

I've been on Ford's website in the last couple days trying to price a new 2012 Mustang with the Build-Your own http://bp3.ford.com/2012-Ford-Mustang/ChooseYourPath/?branding=1&referringsite=1&referrer=Ford.com〈=en#/Style/, but it seems they have some silly limitations. For instance, if you have the glass roof option (which I really REALLY want), you cannot have a racing stripe. If you pick certain packages, some paint combos are not allowed. Or if I change the seat material, it removes the exterior hood/side stripes? This doesn't make sense. When I actually order one from the dealer, will these same limitations apply, or can the dealership override some of them?

Last edited by GreenBayShooter; 6/26/11 at 06:58 PM.
Old 6/26/11, 06:57 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenBayShooter
I've been on Ford's website in the last couple days trying to price a new 2012 Mustang with the Build-Your own http://bp3.ford.com/2012-Ford-Mustang/ChooseYourPath/?branding=1&referringsite=1&referrer=Ford.com?=en#/Style/, but it seems they have some silly limitations. For instance, if you have the glass roof option (which I really REALLY want), you cannot have a racing stripe. If you pick certain packages, some paint combos are not allowed. This doesn't make sense. When I actually order one from the dealer, will these same limitations apply, or can the dealership override some of them?
Question 1. Yes
Question 2. No
Old 6/26/11, 09:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Some things can be done at the dealership once the car comes in, talk to them about what you want and see if they can at least get you close to what you want.
Old 6/27/11, 04:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Planeswalker
Some things can be done at the dealership once the car comes in, talk to them about what you want and see if they can at least get you close to what you want.
Yeah, a dealer (or better yet a really good paint shop) can do stripes almost any way you want after the car arrives.
Old 6/30/11, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenBayShooter
...but it seems they have some silly limitations. For instance, if you have the glass roof option (which I really REALLY want), you cannot have a racing stripe. If you pick certain packages, some paint combos are not allowed. Or if I change the seat material, it removes the exterior hood/side stripes...
Man I feel you. I have everything set up perfectly for a Premium V6... except for the 19" Argent rims.