General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

$%&#in stinks

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/05, 09:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
People that are cumpulsive speeders just put a governor control or speed controler on your car that will help and don't worry people that see you have a Mustang already know what it can do.
Old 3/16/05, 09:42 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Red Star+March 16, 2005, 9:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red Star @ March 16, 2005, 9:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-McDGT@March 16, 2005, 9:50 PM
Hey Zoran, you ain't got that "Diplomatic Immunity" do ya? Or know where to get Diplomatic plates?

I think the law states they're allowed to break any laws they want, apologize, and then flip us the bird on the way back to their country.
What is diplomatic immunity?

Actually, I will be US citized soon (my parents and my brother already are US citizens), so I don't think they can send me back to my country.
[/b][/quote]
I was just kidding Zoran... but it's something our government offers (or used to offer) diplomats that were here to represent their country. Basically, if you were here to represent your government and we knew you and your government were cool, then our laws might bend a little... if those reps partied a little too much and made some really bad decisions... instead of being arrested and tried in court... our government kind of "let you off with a warning" and might make ya write "I'll never do that again" on both of our country's national chalk boards (so to speak).
Old 3/16/05, 09:53 PM
Jim

You have nothing to lose by spending a few bucks consulting with a lawyer. Just get someone local and that works traffic cases. He/she can tell you almost exactly what will happen to you, and what you should do. Local law, traffic school, your driving record, time of day, traffic present, all may be factors. That will stop the worrying about the unknown.

Jim
Old 3/16/05, 09:58 PM
GT Member

And one more thing Zoran... if you're a good person and love this country then I'm glad you're here. Congrats on your future US citizenship! Take care friend. :flag2:
Old 3/16/05, 10:35 PM

Originally posted by vroomvroom@March 16, 2005, 5:58 PM
If the cop dosnt show up then arnt the charges dropped?
Not usually, The D.A. can easily ask for a continuance and given the nature of the ticket they stand a good chance of it being granted.

Down these parts you have to go down in person to request to fight the ticket. You then are put on the docket to appear before a judge (traffic commissioneer) to enter a plea and request a hearing. This could be as soon as a few hours, or as long as the following morning.

At the pre-lim the judge asks you how you want to plead. When you say not guilty he/she sets a trial date. That's usually like 3-6 weeks away. Then, when you show up for the trial date and the officer doesn't, you can certainly request that the case be dimissed but it's no guarantee. Many judges do not consider the frist request for a continuance to be unreasonable. Especially when it's from the prosecution side.

So, by the time your case it heard in court you, (possibly) could have made up to 4 trips to the courthouse.

This is when you have to ask yourself what is your time worth and what are your chances at beating the ticket.
Old 3/16/05, 10:39 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by McDGT@March 16, 2005, 11:01 PM
And one more thing Zoran... if you're a good person and love this country then I'm glad you're here. Congrats on your future US citizenship! Take care friend. :flag2:
Thank you.

I know if you're perminent resident (which I am currently) and if you do "crimes" you could be send back to whereever you're from. I have a friend who's 18 now and she kinda took wrong ... how should I say this ... turn I guess in life and started using heavy drugs and selling them and she was arrested many time and she could be easily sent back home. Its simple as that.

But another reason why I want to became citized is because I'm tired of applying for travel documents (which I never get in time) every time I want to exit USA. I had to cancel my trip to Serbia this summer because I didn't get my travel documents on time.
Old 3/16/05, 10:50 PM

And one more thing... just be thankful you don't live in Germany. I just saw a special on German traffic enforcement and in certain areas your fine is determined by your yearly income or net worth. The guy being interviewed mentioned that one extremely wealthy driver was recently accessed the equalivent of $24,000.00 for his fine.

Better still, (my personal favorite) they have a law called the "public insult" law where insulting other drivers, be it verbally or by commonly accepted hand gestures, can get you a ticket. The "victim" goes down and files a report and an officer is assigned to investigate. Don't ask me how they prove the case.

And apparently, even though the Autobahn doens't normally have a speed limit, they are real big on tailgating. They showed an officer hiding on an overpass with cameras set up to view cars as they pass by. They use white lines painted on the pavement to judge vehicle distance and if you are too close to the car in front of you he presses a button and a nice photo is snapped of you and your license plate. Couple weeks later you get a rather unexpected surprise when the ticket arrives in the mail. If memory serces me he said that will usually run you somewhere between 600-800 DM. What ever that translates into.
Old 3/17/05, 12:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ever hear the phrase ' Goin Hollywood" that's the way to go. It will cost you some $$ getting a good lawyer that can work things out but it's worth it. I also live in New york State and got out of traffic tickets this way. i had to pay some cash but i got the ticket reduced to parking on a side walk which is a NON MOVING VIOLATION which means. NO points and no insurance increase. Be carefull. If you get too many points on your license 2 things could happen in NY. Insurance rates will increase a good amount and you run the risk of your insurance company dropping you . I know state farm loves dropping people if they get tickets. They consider you a risk and won't want to carry you.Then you might be forced to choose a company with higher prices. GO HOLLYWOOD MY FRIEND!!! GO HOLLYWOOD!!! That's the way to go!!!
Old 3/17/05, 03:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rap1977@March 16, 2005, 10:07 PM
Diplomatic immunity doesn't allow them to break any law they want, however anything less than a felony would all them to use diplomatic immunity. I don't know exactly how it works cause I haven't run into many diplomats in the ghetto
Last I knew there are different "levels" of diplomatic immunity depending on the diplomat's position with his/her government. In other words, some diplomats can get away with more than others. Its been a few years since I had to read up on this, though, so things may have changed.
Old 3/17/05, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by vroomvroom@March 16, 2005, 3:56 PM
i got pulled over doin 95 in a 55 new york state trooper
he got the laser gun on me
worst feelin in the world
Oh man!......You're Screwed! Start looking into monthly bus passes.

Just play'n with ya.

If you're offered traffic school, take it. It might cost you a weekend but it will save you $$$$$ in the long run.

I got a ticket for doing 34 in a 30 and the judge didn't care. I still had to go to Traffic school.
Old 3/17/05, 10:31 AM
Cobra Member

Gotta pay to play mang. You knew the risk's when you depressed the gas pedal further to the floor So quit whinin about it :P
Old 3/17/05, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

should i request a supporting deposition?

you are entitled to recieve a supporting deposition further explaining the charges provided you request such supporting depoosition within thirty days from the date you are directed to appear in court as set forth on this apperance ticket do you reqeust a supporting deposition? yes or no

please help me
Old 3/17/05, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

vroomvroom,
Did you just get a ticket and were told to pay-up or fight it in court? Or did it say you "must" appear in court?
If it said you must appear, good luck!
If it was just a ticket, as other people have said, it really depends on where you live. Here in Fla, you have the options of paying the fine straight out and taking the points hit as well as the insurance jump, fighting it in court and hoping the officer doesn't show, fighting in court with a atty and getting it reduced, or traffic school.

I got bumped for 65 in 45 last year, nailed by instant-on radar by the FHP. Yes I have a detector and it pegged, but the motorcycle trooper was only a hundred yards away, no time to react! In any case, it was just a ticket. The fine was to be $178.00. I elected the school option. You still have to pay the fine, but it is reduced by 20%. The amount the fine was reduced was almost the same as I had to pay to attend the class, $35.00.

By electing the school option, the points (4 in this case) did not go on my license. As well, the ticket is not supposed to show up in my driving record, and my insurance did not go up.

They told us in class that a ticket like mine, 20 over, would generally cause your rates to increase by 25% to 30%. True or not, I don't know.

You can go online to your state or local goverment pages and lookup the exact statute number you were charged with. This will tell you the penalties and the options associated with your particular charge. Just google : ??? state statutes or whatever they call them in the state your in.
Good Luck and I hope this helps you some.
Old 3/17/05, 02:54 PM

My Story of 95 mph in So California on 14 hwy to the AV.

My second time home from Europe (first time from Germany) While I was used to driving in the slow lane at 150 kph on the Autobahn. I just did not realize how well I got used to it back in the states during my Xmas holiday.

After Canyon Country and pass into Acton up that hill in my rental. I guess I kept my foot down. And with an open # 2 lane I just kept driving.

Next thing I see lights and I look down and it was about 90 94 ish. I layedoff and cruised down and then slowing pulled over.

The cop was very pleasent but I explained that I did not really relalize the speed. He said sure. I confessed that I was used to driving that speed (should have seen his eyebrows pop up) I was starting to see how much I was digging myself in.

I gave him my DL and he asked if it was current and I said no. He said where do you live I explained in Dresden, Germany but if you need my address my mail was going to a relative. He asked if I was Military (which had got me out of another ticket before) I said I was not that I was an Expat for an Americian Co.

I was used to driving on the Autobahn and the speed I was going was the norm and I useally get passed by Volks Polo's. He said he got that remarks from servicemen all the time. But Lucky I had my passport and showed him my stamp in route to the US a few days ago.

Lucky he was ex-military and knew the Autobahn and saw that I was speeding in the #2 lane. I smiled and said yes I hate drivers driving speed limit in the 1st lane. Dont they knwo it is the passing lane and not to be there if no one is is to the right of you.

Well he let me go.

But I dont understand is he wrote up the ticket but he did not rip it up (or at least I did not see him do it) Or is it they have to account for ticket serial numbers?

Second time I got out of a ticket from an ex-serviceman/woman. But the first time the officer gave me the driver in frount of me DL and gave him my DL when he left. I did not get a ticket but had to get my DL back from that guy. I realized I had his DL when I went to a club later that week. And the bouncer gave me a funny look and stopped me from going in.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your ticket. I know the feeling to getted stopped and think Oh My God I am in trouble.

Ciao
Tschüß

FV
Old 3/17/05, 03:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow... be glad you're not here.

If you're tagged going 40mph over limit here you will see three things:

1) A hefty fine
2) Your driver's license taken on the spot
3) A schedule for appearance in the court

3 depends on situation, but the standard case is court, exceptions do happen.
Old 3/17/05, 03:26 PM

All of us Law Enforcement Officers should start a thread about all the stories we hear from 05 owners we pull over.
Old 3/17/05, 03:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

That thread would go in interesting directions
Old 3/18/05, 12:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

SO if'n you gents are law enforcers what is your opinion of say me having a Tazer inmy 05 GT for a back up alarm ?
Old 3/18/05, 12:30 AM

Originally posted by GottaHaveIt@March 18, 2005, 1:10 AM
SO if'n you gents are law enforcers what is your opinion of say me having a Tazer inmy 05 GT for a back up alarm ?
so long as it is legal to own in your state there shouldn't be a problem. Just don't pull it out in front of an officer because he probably will point a real gun at you. Be sure and check your local laws.
Old 3/18/05, 12:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm sure its not as is There is controversay over them as is Too dangerous Gee gotta beat getting shot right at least you may walk again , but I can see if a suspect wets his pants and then gets hit , that may be a problem. I think its wrong so maybe best just left at home in the safe ? Thanks anywho.

Quick Reply: $%&#in stinks