General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Spammers amongst us

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/08, 07:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spammers amongst us

Not sure were to post this but you all need to read it.

http://spankmymarketer.com/powertv.html

If this is old news I apologize I couldn't find it when searching.
Old 1/18/08, 08:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Interesting...
Old 1/18/08, 10:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

powermelissa is a user here but she hasn't been on since October
Old 1/19/08, 07:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmmm
Old 1/19/08, 07:47 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

If you will REPORT this to us mods, we can handle it.

Thank you,

TDS
Old 1/28/08, 10:18 AM

jon, here pitching in my two cents. take it with a grain of salt, as most of you have already sided with the other guy.

Anyhow, we didn't realize that it was such a big deal to promote the sport we all love by producing videos and sharing those videos amongst people with similar interests. I apologize for that. This hotrodders/spankmymarketer grudge was actually started with powerTV's defense of SEMA when hotrodders/spankmymarketer sent a bulk and unsolicited email (hrmmm) to all of SEMA members in attempts to destroy the organization. This directed the firepower to us and now we are under siege.

Obviously, we create video. We are not paid to spread the videos and links, we do so on our own will to promote and grow the drag racing industry.
Old 1/28/08, 03:03 PM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
Thanks Jon for posting. Nobody (powermelissa) or anyone else has been banned from this website regarding this or any other issue. We have not had any problems at all with any of the powerTV people. The simple fact that powermelissa has not posted here since October indicates that she has not been a spam threat here.

Just like with anything on the net, there are 2 sides to every story.....and good advice to take things with a grain of salt until researched and verified.
Old 1/28/08, 04:51 PM

Thanks Paul. I know the owner of powerTV and one of our other guys Mike Acosta knows Brad and has talked to him about working together to help you guys launch TMS-TV. Not sure what happened with that, but I want you to assure you that any video of NMRA events or any thing from NMRA TV was not a paid spam
Old 2/5/08, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by svopaul
Thanks Jon for posting. Nobody (powermelissa) or anyone else has been banned from this website regarding this or any other issue. We have not had any problems at all with any of the powerTV people. The simple fact that powermelissa has not posted here since October indicates that she has not been a spam threat here.

Just like with anything on the net, there are 2 sides to every story.....and good advice to take things with a grain of salt until researched and verified.
Paul, Thanks - it's James with powerTV. We appreciate the support. You guys have a great web site, we'd love to talk about working more with you. Thanks for not just jumping on the band wagon. -James