General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Sometimes I Just Don't Understand

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/07, 12:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Sometimes I Just Don't Understand

I have seen a 05+ black GT with nice mufflers and wheels around town several times but we were always going opposite directions. I have always waved at the guy but he has never responded. Today I left making a left a an intersection and he was on the other side. The light turned green and I waved and he just gassed it as he went by.

I would have liked to talked to the guy because we are both have GT's and I would like to see what all he's done. I guess he just isn't interested in talking to an old fart?
Old 8/19/07, 12:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I have seen a 05+ black GT with nice mufflers and wheels around town several times but we were always going opposite directions. I have always waved at the guy but he has never responded. Today I left making a left a an intersection and he was on the other side. The light turned green and I waved and he just gassed it as he went by.

I would have liked to talked to the guy because we are both have GT's and I would like to see what all he's done. I guess he just isn't interested in talking to an old fart?
I here ya. I don't think everybody is as open minded and friendly as us TMS'ers. Maybe he can't see you behind all that tinted glass. Come on down, I'll hang out with you!
Old 8/19/07, 01:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I usually give a wave to other Stang drivers but I would guess 90% of the time there is no response. This is kinda GM territory and I get more waves from the drivers of Cameros, etc.
Old 8/19/07, 01:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

some people just want to own and drive their stang, to them no one elses car really matters.
Old 8/19/07, 02:10 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
that and, to alot of people these are "just cars"

Hard to beleive ain't it
Old 8/19/07, 02:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

my stang will always be more than just a car. it may be steel, aluminum, rubber, plastic and fuel (among other things) but its more to me. its history, memories, smiles and laughs. Its got looks, attitude and is always there looking the same at me. ford didnt know it at the time, but they created american history with the mustang. History that will last forever, change lives, bring people together... and be a legacy that will continue long after the cars themselves are gone.

and that is why i love mine so much.
Old 8/19/07, 02:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I guess I should have been specific. I don't really care if anyone waves back at me or not but this guy just looked at me as he went by reving his engine. If he thinks it's so badass I would be interested in seeing what he has.
Old 8/19/07, 02:48 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by n8rfastback
my stang will always be more than just a car. it may be steel, aluminum, rubber, plastic and fuel (among other things) but its more to me. its history, memories, smiles and laughs. Its got looks, attitude and is always there looking the same at me. ford didnt know it at the time, but they created american history with the mustang. History that will last forever, change lives, bring people together... and be a legacy that will continue long after the cars themselves are gone.

and that is why i love mine so much.
can't argue with that logic my friend, I'm the same way
Old 8/19/07, 03:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thats guys just a punk some people just try to act hard for the sake of doing so...next time u see him why don't u leave him in your rear view mirror
Old 8/19/07, 03:32 PM
Cobra Member

Come up to Edmonton, Alberta.....I'll wave to you. I get the same response here....a few will stop and talk, most though just drive on like they are driving a normal car.
Old 8/19/07, 11:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by future9er24
that and, to alot of people these are "just cars"

Hard to beleive ain't it
Now that is something that I've never understood. No car I've ever owned has been "just a car"
Old 8/20/07, 06:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member Eu Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Mostly not a problem over here... I wave, I get response

Besides that... over here a Mustang isn't 'just a car' by any means :P
Old 9/5/07, 11:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's been a mix for me, too. Oddly enough, there seems to be a distinct pattern to it.

If it's a classic (like a '67) they always wave, but don't talk.

If it's a gen-3 pre-'94 'Stang, or an early gen-4, they never wave, never talk, and usually look embarrased.

If it's a late gen-4, they don't wave, but will talk if at a light.

If it's a gen-5, they wave, talk, and ask about supercharging.

It also seems like there's some angst between the gen-4 owners and the gen-5 owners. My buddy at work has an 03 GT, and his response anytime I pull up next to him is "ahh, whatever!"

Bunch a losers.
Old 9/6/07, 03:00 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I got 3 waves Monday, and a couple of thumbs up tonight! It must be the new plates I put the car.

06LNOR registered in MO
Old 9/6/07, 03:15 AM
Cobra Member

The best reaction I have is to drive up to them in the police vehicle side by side and start talking about their mustang.....usually I get a great response especially when they find out that I have one to.
Old 9/6/07, 07:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I wave at every Mustang along my path. I pass a couple 05+ Stangs almost everyday on the way home from work. They recognize my car and I always get a wave back now.
Old 9/6/07, 01:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm thinking it's a personality thing. Some people just naturally start up or join in conversations with the people they meet in everyday life. I'm like that. Some people won't give you the time of day. Maybe he's just like that. I'm sure you know that the majority of mustang drivers love to chat about their rides.
Old 9/6/07, 05:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's why God invented paint grenades.

Does he drive with his windows open?
Old 9/7/07, 01:20 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I think I've only ever had one mustang driver wave at me before (an early sn95 convertible). I've also had a couple of comments, but I guess people just aren't very friendly around here!
Old 9/7/07, 03:06 PM
Cobra Member

I used to get a lot of waves in my '05 V6 Mustang, but not as many in my '06 GT Vert... But I do get a lot of people walking up to me and saying 'nice car' when I am getting gas, getting something to eat, etc...

And Rich, I am up in the NorCal area too and if I ever see ya around, I'll make sure to wave...

Quick Reply: Sometimes I Just Don't Understand