General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Retiring your pony with honors

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/10, 05:33 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retiring your pony with honors

I just realized that as I've done what is probably the last oil change on this pony ('05 GT Redfire) while she is in 'active' service that I need to have some kind of small ceremony to commemorate all she's done for me. What do you guys do if anything at all? I'm not getting rid of her, she's going to die while in my possession (probably give it to the wife or kids one day when that happens) but she'll be going to one of the garages and sit covered most of the time and I'll let Dad drive it around from time to time.

This is still a ways off, I'm waiting to see the '12 order guide and then I'll get that order into the dealer but time does fly and it's not too early to start planning.

So what do you guys think is appropriate?

Last edited by DJ 88 FAN; 10/10/10 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10/10/10, 05:43 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well hope its not like the send off I discovered when I bought my used '70 Land Cruiser! LOL
In '76 I was getting ready to leave St. Louis for Canada and the NW, and made the deal on it. The next day I brought the Cashier's check, got the keys and drove home - where I discovered about 2 cases of empty beer cans. LOL They were stuffed and hidden everywhere. Makes me think there where a lot of good times in it!
That was one tough rig and even though I bought it with 100k miles, it lasted several years and had no problems on my backpack adventure.

Maybe a video collage?

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/10/10 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10/10/10, 05:52 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Well hope its not like the send off I discovered when I bought my used '70 Land Cruiser! LOL
In '76 I was getting ready to leave St. Louis for Canada and the NW, and made the deal on it. The next day I brought the Cashier's check, got the keys and drove home - where I discovered about 2 cases of empty beer cans. LOL They were stuffed and hidden everywhere. Makes me think there where a lot of good times in it!
That was one tough rig and even though I bought it with 100k miles, it lasted several years and had no problems on my backpack adventure.

Maybe a video collage?
Yeah I was definitely thinking a slide show since that's so easy now. I was also thinking about a cross country road trip but not sure where to go. I avoid snow areas in the winter because that salt is a giant pain to deal with, especially when she's going to be sitting after the trip.
Old 10/10/10, 06:02 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ 88 FAN
Yeah I was definitely thinking a slide show since that's so easy now. I was also thinking about a cross country road trip but not sure where to go. I avoid snow areas in the winter because that salt is a giant pain to deal with, especially when she's going to be sitting after the trip.
One thing I've done these first few years is visit a lot of semi local/regional viewpoints and get pics. You know how some travel so far for big vacations but forget the many local areas? And many shots were just with portions of the car so the scenery showed better - but still documented that 901 had been there.
Old 10/10/10, 07:47 PM
V6 Member

So far all I have pics of is her in the foothills in TN, WV, VA etc. All very nice. I was thinking about taking a road trip all the way out to Vegas from Florida but I need the time for that.