General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

This really burns me!

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/18, 08:38 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Well took the car in this past week and got the key hole replaced. No surprises and cost me about $350, right around what was quoted by the two dealerships I would trust with the car. Took it back to where I purchased, they have done all but one of my trips to the dealer. The other dealer happened to do my airbag since they seemed to be the only local dealer with parts.

Checked with my insurance on all of this and so far have decided it was not worth turning everything in. Total out of pocket was just under $1300. Hope those scumbags are happy. For all the trouble they sure did not get what it cost me to undo their crap.

Contents (Mainly wife's phone) comes out of the Home Owners with a $500 deductible, the car damage comes out of the Auto policy, only $100 deductible on comprehensive. But with no claims on my home owners I get a pretty good discount. Turning this in I will loose that. Also with Home Owners you only get a couple of claims in an 18 month window and then you get a pink slip (cancelled). Be about my luck, so I will take this one on the chin. Still might turn in the auto side. They say it won't count against me like the other side. Need to do some more checking on that one. So I might get $250 back.

So I guess the world has been put back together. But I have a new view of things!
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (10/21/18)
Old 10/21/18, 08:59 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Well took the car in this past week and got the key hole replaced. No surprises and cost me about $350, right around what was quoted by the two dealerships I would trust with the car. Took it back to where I purchased, they have done all but one of my trips to the dealer. The other dealer happened to do my airbag since they seemed to be the only local dealer with parts.

Checked with my insurance on all of this and so far have decided it was not worth turning everything in. Total out of pocket was just under $1300. Hope those scumbags are happy. For all the trouble they sure did not get what it cost me to undo their crap.

Contents (Mainly wife's phone) comes out of the Home Owners with a $500 deductible, the car damage comes out of the Auto policy, only $100 deductible on comprehensive. But with no claims on my home owners I get a pretty good discount. Turning this in I will loose that. Also with Home Owners you only get a couple of claims in an 18 month window and then you get a pink slip (cancelled). Be about my luck, so I will take this one on the chin. Still might turn in the auto side. They say it won't count against me like the other side. Need to do some more checking on that one. So I might get $250 back.

So I guess the world has been put back together. But I have a new view of things!
Yeah,...that's horrible that that has happened.
I hate scumbag thieves!
The following users liked this post:
shaneyusa (10/22/18)