General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/08, 07:16 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Better vision at night is always better.
Old 1/8/08, 07:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikes rx
Why not get a small $20 fire extinguisher from Home Depot or something.
I'm looking for something with a little more !
Of course, that always comes at a price.

Originally Posted by JonCo
What do you mean by future support?
Doug (and probably Brenspeed) offers post-sale support in terms of modifying your tune when you add/delete mods (except FI) at no additional cost. At $50+ a pop, it adds up quick, especially if you keep modding your car.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
NEW TIRES ARE ON!!!!!! SORRY NO PICS THE SUN'S GONE.

Looks like the mirrors may have to go on hold so I can get the panhard and why not the panhard support while I'm down there.
Cool! Post pics tomorrow if you can. Would like to see how the 255/spacer combo looks.

Which brand adj. panhard bar you thinking of going with?

Originally Posted by philster2003
Its just nice to have better night vision now with the HID's.
.. especially when you get older!

j/k Phil.. HID's look great!

I've never really looked into the LT's so I have no Idea which one's are better or which sound better etc.. Not much help I know. Just go with the most popular one. There's a reason why there's a more popluar one. Perfect example is Stingers.
+1
No first hand experience with LT's either.
Old 1/8/08, 08:02 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Ill prolly put HID's on the jeep when the others die out.
Old 1/8/08, 08:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Leo, 'grats on the tires..... expect to see pix soon.

Jonco- honestly between those two choices, I'd probably pick the OBX headers. Just my 2 cents.
Old 1/8/08, 08:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill-Proabably BMR.
Old 1/8/08, 09:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NEW TIRES ARE ON!!!!!!
Very Cool !! Can't wait to see them. These will be the route I go once I get bigger tires. I'm also interested to see how noticable the rear is and about the adj panhard.
Old 1/8/08, 10:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Don't miss out. I ordered my set.
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/web...ategory_id=255

Brian-I'll be ordering the BMR Panhard and Panhard suppor tomorrow. Assuming Bill's cool with it I'll bring both parts down so you guys can see the install. Seems pretty straight foward though.

OK now I'm seriously done modding. I don't know what got into me these past few weeks.
Old 1/8/08, 10:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Ill prolly end up going with the obx system. Just cold feet ha ha

Who do you all use for tuners.
Old 1/8/08, 11:14 PM

Don't miss out. I ordered my set.

Brian-I'll be ordering the BMR Panhard and Panhard support tomorrow. Assuming Bill's cool with it I'll bring both parts down so you guys can see the install. Seems pretty straight foward though.

OK now I'm seriously done modding. I don't know what got into me these past few weeks.
Looked at Steeda's adj panhard bar? Looks like it's maintenance free like my LCA's.

Looks like an easy install, especially with the air compressor.

Leo = Mr. Moneybags

Usually in everyone's sig. I'm using BamaChips.
Old 1/8/08, 11:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Doug (and probably Brenspeed) offers post-sale support in terms of modifying your tune when you add/delete mods (except FI) at no additional cost. At $50+ a pop, it adds up quick, especially if you keep modding your car.
I believe VMP tuning does as well. For you Jonco, it wouldn't be that far if to drive if you ever had a problem. They are located on the other side of Orlando (still far away, but closer than anyone else) in Deland. Justin has great customer service.

Brian-I'll be ordering the BMR Panhard and Panhard suppor tomorrow. Assuming Bill's cool with it I'll bring both parts down so you guys can see the install. Seems pretty straight foward though.
The panhard install is fairly easy. You just gotta use some old fashioned force to get it in there. I don't know about the support though. Adjusting the panhard bar is pretty cool though. You can actually see the body move over the tires as you adjust it.

Congrats on the tires too by the way Leo. Mine should be going on in a couple days too.

Phil- love the HIDs. I wouldn't mind having a set myself. Your engine bay wasn't nearly as bad as you tried to make us think it was. Mine is probably just as bad, but I'll be digging around in there cleaning it tomorrow.
Old 1/9/08, 12:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ill prolly end up going with the obx system. Just cold feet ha ha

SCT II from Bama

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Looked at Steeda's adj panhard bar? Looks like it's maintenance free like my LCA's.

Looks like an easy install, especially with the air compressor.

Leo = Mr. Moneybags
Looking at the pic from their website looks like their panhard bar's got zirc fittings so it may not be maintence free. Yeah looks easier than your LCA's were. Unless of course my car has some other hidden paperweights. More like empty moneybags.

Steed panhard pic
http://www.steeda.com/products/_high...51_panhard.jpg

After looking at prices it's acutally cheaper to get both parts from Steeda. Reason is the lower cost of the support bar balances out the lower price of BMR's panhard bar. So both setup's are within $10-$20 of each other depeding on the vendor. Who knew.

Originally Posted by kh765
The panhard install is fairly easy. You just gotta use some old fashioned force to get it in there. I don't know about the support though. Adjusting the panhard bar is pretty cool though. You can actually see the body move over the tires as you adjust it.

Congrats on the tires too by the way Leo. Mine should be going on in a couple days too.
No doubt it looks very easy. It's just it's become like a tradition to do it a Kev's now. Plus gives me a good excuse to drive the car down to LA. (Assuming Bill and Kevin are cool with it.)

What kind and what size tire you getting? Rims too?

Phil-HID's look good. Do they sell matching Fogs?

Am I the only one thats ordered the SHR grilles?
Old 1/9/08, 01:06 AM
Cobra R Member

What kind and what size tire you getting? Rims too?
I ordered the Nitto 555s (285/40/18 and 255/45/18). I'll let the new rims be a bit of a surprise.
Old 1/9/08, 01:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by kh765
I ordered the Nitto 555s (285/40/18 and 255/45/18). I'll let the new rims be a bit of a surprise.
I was looking at Nitto 555's as well but chose the BFG because of the tread pattern. Well then what kind of rims did you get?
Old 1/9/08, 01:48 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Tonight at our Mustang club meeting I met up with Luis aka Superfly on TMS. He just bought a new 07 white GTCS nice ride and options. Would have taken pictures but since it was a meeting at Pizza Butt I didn't bring a camera. If the weathers good on Saturday Luis may check out Cars & Coffee in Irvine.

On a second note I'm off tomorrow. The Roush is getting an alignment and after that I'm going to get my rims black chrome plated. This should take a week or two. Bill did you play hookie from work? I think you said your were coming down with a cold

Jed
Old 1/9/08, 05:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
meeting at Pizza Butt
Thats funny Jed, the wife and I have always called it Pizza Slvt (replace v with u)
Old 1/9/08, 05:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Kyle- those are nice tires! And big too.....

Leo- I use a Steeda APB to re-center the rearend..... I'm sure the BMR will work fine too.
Old 1/9/08, 05:49 AM
Cobra Member

Phil-HID's look good. Do they sell matching Fogs?

I believe they do Leo, what are the fogs H10 or H11 can't remember.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-C...spagenameZWDVW

You just specify what bulb type and color you want. Shipping is a bit excessive but combined cost of $71 is not to bad.

I think I'm going to jump on the SHR grilles as well Leo, I like the look.

Also I'm going to order a tune from Brenspeed to try out. Just not feeling satisfied with my BAMA 93Race tune lately so I'm going to get the Brenspeed and do a comparo.
Old 1/9/08, 06:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

FYI fogs are H10.

Hey Phil, make sure you tell Brenspeed what you want in your tune.... they don't do the marketing "street, torque, performance, race" thing- send Brent an email at: tuning@brenspeed.com and let him know what you have now and what you're looking for.
Old 1/9/08, 06:29 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom281
FYI fogs are H10.

Hey Phil, make sure you tell Brenspeed what you want in your tune.... they don't do the marketing "street, torque, performance, race" thing- send Brent an email at: tuning@brenspeed.com and let him know what you have now and what you're looking for.
Tom thanks for the advice, I'll email Brent!
Old 1/9/08, 08:07 AM

It's just it's become like a tradition to do it a Kev's now. Plus gives me a good excuse to drive the car down to LA. (Assuming Bill and Kevin are cool with it.)

If and when I get an APB, I may go with the Steeda one. After seeing this pic of a BMR unit, I lost that warm and fuzzy feeling with their APB. Attachment 37881

No prob on installing it up here. Always glad to help you out installing new stuff that I haven't seen, makes my install easier if I decide to copy you.

I really like the OEM look of that SHR center grille. In fact, they made it so perfect that I truely believe no one will ever notice that mod, not even other Mustang owners!

So what's up with these 1st run parts? Got some sort of defect on top that can't be seen?

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Bill did you play hookie from work? I think you said your were coming down with a cold
Sorry Jed, had to come in to work today. You'll have to fly solo in today's missions. I'll get with you later for the down low.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-bmr_bushing.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)