General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/08, 07:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
Nashville is cold.

For the SoCal crew... I took a picture of my Tennessee BBQ tonight, people probably thought I was crazy but I knew you guys would understand
Nashville? Oh yeah, forgot you mentioned a business trip there.

So what percentage was work and what was play?

I've been a couple work trips and they were hardly that.

Where's the BBQ shot?

The video of Brian and Luis had me in stitches!

Great find Ray!
Old 11/10/08, 08:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When is Leo picking up the car?
Old 11/10/08, 08:20 AM
Cobra Member

Update on Saleen blower: I PM'd the guy selling it, he responded with some info and e-mailing pictures. It takes a few days for him to respond to PM's. I told him that I will take it. One thing I know if I was selling a blower I would be checkin the forums everyday! (not that I don't already )
Old 11/10/08, 09:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hope that works out for you Matt. Yet another another one of us getting blown! Lol.
Old 11/10/08, 10:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
Hope that works out for you Matt. Yet another another one of us getting blown! Lol.
Thanks! Haha I know all this talk about Leo and Bill getting there cars ready to boost kinda put me over the edge
Old 11/10/08, 10:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Nashville? Oh yeah, forgot you mentioned a business trip there.

So what percentage was work and what was play?

I've been a couple work trips and they were hardly that.

Where's the BBQ shot?

The video of Brian and Luis had me in stitches!

Great find Ray!
I thought I brought my camera cable and didn't. So you'll have to wait. Breakfast was a country breakfast... Eggs, Sausage and biscuits and gravy... yum, yum.. Lunch is in 10 minutes so I got to get down there now. Pics of course but w/iPhone I might be able to post up. Dinner tonight ??? Steakhouse or this build-your-own-burger place

60% work. I have "sessions" booked from 9-430 all three days. Last night and Wednesday night are the times we get to leave the hotel. Got to see about 10 honkytonk bars last night with a different C&W act in each. Weird is hearing a countryfied version of some Tom Petty songs. Coupla hurricanes to help the sonic raping of my ears go down.

I;ll have to look at the vids I saw the Ray/Jed one and Jed makes on FUGLY girl, no offense Jed

Originally Posted by officespace56
Thanks! Haha I know all this talk about Leo and Bill getting there cars ready to boost kinda put me over the edge
Matt. Hope it works out for you. The Saleen is a pretty good blower. In case you're wondering, boost is everything it's made out to be. It'll make your left ear ring and your nostrils sting... cut yer grass and getcha laid. what more could you want

the last two were a joke
Old 11/10/08, 11:05 AM
Cobra Member

Matt. Hope it works out for you. The Saleen is a pretty good blower. In case you're wondering, boost is everything it's made out to be. It'll make your left ear ring and your nostrils sting... cut yer grass and getcha laid. what more could you want
the last two were a joke
That reminded me of a quote in the movie Friday Night Lights.

"How ya'll doin' up there? Ya'll doin' all right? 45, Boobie, that's my nephew out there. That boy can play some football. He can play left, he can play right, don't make no difference. He can block, tackle, score the touch down, snap the ball, and kick the extra point. Hell, the boy will fill up the Gatorade cooler, walk the dog, and paint your back porch. I'm telling ya, the boy can plain outplay football.
[pause while Boobie throws ball]
OOHH! And he can pass!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq7bH...eature=related

Last edited by officespace56; 11/10/08 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11/10/08, 11:13 AM

Breakfast was a country breakfast... Eggs, Sausage and biscuits and gravy... yum, yum..
Dang that sounds good right now!
Old 11/10/08, 11:50 AM
Cobra Member

This is a thread started by the guy I am planning on buying the blower from... http://www.mustangforums.com/forum/s...d.php?t=481789. What do you guys think? Can damage happen to the blower when the internal go boom? Seemed too good to be true..
Old 11/10/08, 12:25 PM

Can damage happen to the blower when the internal go boom? Seemed too good to be true..
Personally, I would pass. When the bottom ends goes, that sh*t goes EVERYWHERE, no joke!

Not to mention, if this guy had everything set up right, from the tune to fuel delivery, and it still went south (not even during max boost), I'd say this blower has some bad mojo attached to it.
Old 11/10/08, 12:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Too funny! Another reason why I don't like to be in pictures hahaha! .

Jed
But doesn't it bring back great memories from our past?!

Sorry George, I couldn't leave you out.

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/bj6Q2lWQObjbCCcQ

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/wUAAnSFfEPScNGd3

Last edited by Ray Man; 11/10/08 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11/10/08, 12:53 PM
Cobra Member

Personally, I would pass. When the bottom ends goes, that sh*t goes EVERYWHERE, no joke!

Not to mention, if this guy had everything set up right, from the tune to fuel delivery, and it still went south (not even during max boost), I'd say this blower has some bad mojo attached to it.
He said responded to my question, "There is no damage to the blower or any piece of the kit. Kit was looked at by Realspeed Automotive, a mustang shop, and said it was in perfect condition. When a rod blows out of a car, its on the bottom of the engine and doesn't cause any problems with the blower."
Old 11/10/08, 01:15 PM

He said responded to my question....
Matt, this very well may be true. And if you decide to get it, I pray that it is.

But 2 things have scared me for life..

One, A Mustang shop also thought the damage and carnage was limited to the bottom half of the motor.

Two, because I believed that, my whole motor had to be ripped back apart and basically re-built including new valves and guides.

Moral of the story, sh*t can and will travel upwards to the top half of the motor.

Inside my intake manifold ON TOP of the engine.
Old 11/10/08, 01:35 PM
Cobra Member

Update on Saleen blower: I PM'd the guy selling it, he responded with some info and e-mailing pictures. It takes a few days for him to respond to PM's. I told him that I will take it. One thing I know if I was selling a blower I would be checkin the forums everyday! (not that I don't already )
I pray things turn out great Congrats on the blower bug!

Ray - those videos are hilarious. The stuff you find
Old 11/10/08, 01:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Great videos Ray
Old 11/10/08, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Man
But doesn't it bring back great memories from our past?!

Name:  Bo5.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  43.3 KB
Dang Ray, why you have to put me in high heels?
Old 11/10/08, 01:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Dang Ray, why you have to put me in high heels?
Sorry, somebody had to be the girl besides Jed.
Old 11/10/08, 02:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OOOoooooo... pritteeee!

Shelby Black Hornet

Created specifically for Carroll Shelby from a stock 1968 Mustang, the Shelby Black Hornet (starts at $100,000) is now being auctioned off to benefit the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation. Identical to the Green Hornet Shelby GT500, this masterpiece offers a Cobra Jet 428 V8 engine producing 335 hp, Edelbrook aluminum heads, a top-loader 4-speed transmission, power steering, power brakes, Shelby 10-spoke wheels, and instant classic car cred.
Old 11/10/08, 02:27 PM
Cobra Member

Matt, this very well may be true. And if you decide to get it, I pray that it is.

But 2 things have scared me for life..

One, A Mustang shop also thought the damage and carnage was limited to the bottom half of the motor.

Two, because I believed that, my whole motor had to be ripped back apart and basically re-built including new valves and guides.

Moral of the story, sh*t can and will travel upwards to the top half of the motor.

Inside my intake manifold ON TOP of the engine.
That's exactly why I double checked with you guys here. I know how bad of a situation you were in and I will take advice from it. Ithink I will hold off on the blower. I would feel much better buying a new package from Brenspeed, knowing there arent shards of metal somewhere in the manifold. And the search continues haha
Old 11/10/08, 02:53 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I thought I brought my camera cable and didn't. So you'll have to wait. Breakfast was a country breakfast... Eggs, Sausage and biscuits and gravy... yum, yum..
no grits? wtf?

That's exactly why I double checked with you guys here. I know how bad of a situation you were in and I will take advice from it. Ithink I will hold off on the blower. I would feel much better buying a new package from Brenspeed, knowing there arent shards of metal somewhere in the manifold. And the search continues haha
That would probably be what I'd do as well. Sucks to have such a good deal, but something that expensive, I dont think I want to take any chances

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)