General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Pictures with a P 51 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/11, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures with a P 51 Mustang

Does any one know where I can get a picture taken of my 2012 mustang and a P 51 mustang
Old 10/19/11, 03:36 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Do a search for a branch of the 'Confederate Air Force' in your area, they would probably have one. I think they changed their name to something pc a fews years ago like 'Civilian Air Force.' (So stupid, I hate pc!)
Old 10/20/11, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the info and do get me started about pc I think it is garbage
Old 10/20/11, 08:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Photoshop can do it too, but that's not the point, I suppose.

Also, yes, they did change the name to Commemorative Air Force. They started it out with Confederate as a bit of playfulness, a group of guys who live in the South flyin' old planes... but as it grew, and their mission objectives changed, they simply decided that their little jokester name had to be changed. And some call it PC... and you'd be right, because flatly they say: "...because 'confederate' is offensive to some." (slightly paraphrased) It's not the only reason. They really did it because these planes ARE commemorative. It makes sense to denote that, and it probably helps them promote outside the South, and get more funds to keep these awesome machines alive.

Until this moment, I didn't know the name had changed, honestly. But I like it. It's friendlier, and doesn't invoke any "grr..." from anyone... except those who don't like PC changes.

Last edited by houtex; 10/20/11 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10/20/11, 10:27 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
Photoshop can do it too, but that's not the point, I suppose.

Also, yes, they did change the name to Commemorative Air Force. They started it out with Confederate as a bit of playfulness, a group of guys who live in the South flyin' old planes... but as it grew, and their mission objectives changed, they simply decided that their little jokester name had to be changed. And some call it PC... and you'd be right, because flatly they say: "...because 'confederate' is offensive to some." (slightly paraphrased) It's not the only reason. They really did it because these planes ARE commemorative. It makes sense to denote that, and it probably helps them promote outside the South, and get more funds to keep these awesome machines alive.

Until this moment, I didn't know the name had changed, honestly. But I like it. It's friendlier, and doesn't invoke any "grr..." from anyone... except those who don't like PC changes.
GRRRR!!

But, I agree with your point, commerative is more representative