Various Curated Content Articles Magazine Type Articles With Pictures By IB / Photo Gallery, Auctions, Shows, Etc. Youtube Video's

Peregrine Automotive Creates the 1,200 HP Revenge GT

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/21, 01:33 PM
IB Staff

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

By Brett Foote

This wicked Revenge GT recently crossed the block at a Mecum auction.

Old 4/6/21, 06:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Um... yeah.

That paint scheme is just awful. I mean, honestly. Looks like black stained chip board, and the red fade in the scoops makes no sense whatsoever, then it goes up and over the headlamp in a weird pinstripe that then goes over the hood and down the upper sides, pinstriping again at the door... just... what.

Is it me or did they de-'characterize' the hood? I mean it's got triple scoops to nowhere in particular (because we all know it breathes on the left front), but where have the character lines gone to? Looks like a Charger SRT hood now.

Then on the back... what the entire heck is going on with the exhaust... but worse, that wing and how it mounts?

And then... after ALL that stuff, with red and black and chipboard... and they got yellow calipers. It would take *nothing* to make them black or red, but nope. Looks afterthought/last minute as all get out, given the rest of the... attempt...

I don't even, folks. It's like... I mean it's like they opened up some car game, closed their eyes, hit 'random' on the car decorator, and hit 'send it' without looking. Oh, I'm sure it's a blast to drive with all that HP on tap,, and the suspension/brake work and all, but... yeah. Performance <> style/taste in this case.

And it shows because:
This particular Revenge GT recently hit the block at Mecum's Glendale auction, where it failed to sell with a high bid of $100k. That's a lot of coin for a Mustang of any kind, but this is no ordinary Mustang. In fact, the cost of the Revenge GT package alone is $199,500, and this car's final tally was a whopping $250,850.

Quarter of a million dollar Mustang in cost. And they couldn't even get half that at auction. Yeah. That sounds about right, ya ask me To be honest, I'm quite surprised it got to that high a bid, I'd have guessed about 60K max, because there's Mustangs better executed than this one by far.

5/10. Ok, maybe 6 because the performance side of things, but that's it.

/Also, how about the interior you didn't show? Bet it's just as hideous.

Old 4/7/21, 05:16 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,704 Posts
Thanks for the Cliff notes now I don't have to waste my time looking at this!
Old 4/7/21, 09:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
I make sacrifices so you don't have to!
Old 4/7/21, 10:50 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I agree with your assessment. Impressive power, but terrible styling. Looks like a bunch of birds crapped all over the center black section. That exhaust should have either been traditional quad tips, or only out of the center.