General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

NorthWest Motorfest 2005

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/05, 01:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't get out of the '05 Forums much, but since there are several different years of Mustangs in these pics I guess I'll throw this post up in the general forum as well. Enjoy.

Fourth of July Weekend was the 3rd Annual Motorfest and my Dad and I both entered our cars into it. This is supposed to be the largest car show in the North West and this year there were about 700 cars involved. It's a three day show and was loads of fun with more than 10,000 people coming through the gates to check out the show. They had Lawn Mower races, Hole Shot drags (which I'll get to later) and they shut down two blocks of Downtown Boise on Saturday so all the cars that were street legal could go on a 4hr cruise around town. Kind of like a big parade.

Here are the photos Motorfest Photos
The local Mustang Club had about 30 cars there so alot of them are Mustangs. But since I was not about to take 700 pictures I just snapped some of my favorites.
To tide you over here is a video my Mom shot of me and my Dad doing the Hole Shot. This was a Grudge match drag competiton where you could challenge other people participating in the show to a 100ft stop light drag. We got to go twice, but she only got this one on video. He beat me the first time, but I think he let me win the second. Here's probably the only time you will see an '05 Mustang go up against a Shelby Cobra.
Father/Son Hole Shot Drag (Video takes a little bit to load)

*Anyone living in the West that might be interested in next years show, here is there website NorthWest Motorfest It is definitly worth a drive to Idaho for.
Old 7/5/05, 01:11 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Cool pictures! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 7/5/05, 02:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! Great pics! Thanks for sharing!