General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

New Mustang Turn Offs

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/07, 10:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jamo
The interior color set up is terrible. It's all dark.
You're right! Mine looks absolutely horrific! Almost ashamed of showing it.

j/k Jamo. Personally, I'm into the sinister look.

Old 1/24/07, 12:13 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BILL!!

Do I see a speck of dust on that dash???????????

Old 1/24/07, 12:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
You're right! Mine looks absolutely horrific! Almost ashamed of showing it.

j/k Jamo. Personally, I'm into the sinister look.
Bill you interior looks fantastic, do you hav the PT Package? If so that is what my new GT will look like. Looks like you never drive it.......but thats not possible
Old 1/24/07, 01:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KdF
BILL!!
Do I see a speck of dust on that dash???????????
Nope, it's probably on your monitor!

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
Bill you interior looks fantastic, do you hav the PT Package? If so that is what my new GT will look like. Looks like you never drive it.......but thats not possible
Thanks.
In 06, there was no 68B Premier Trim Package. I just ordered the Dark Charcoal interior w/Dark IUP.
Old 1/24/07, 04:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The radio had absolutely NO bearing on my decision to buy a Mustang. Just go after-market and fuhgeddaboudit.
Old 1/27/07, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
If you don't like the Mustang, why go on this forum and complain about it. DON'T BUY ONE. I just love my 05 GT Premium in Redfire and Dark Charcoal.
Old 1/28/07, 10:06 AM
tmf

Originally Posted by htwag
Hey! "To get chicks..?" What about all the women who buy Mustangs.
Maybe they want to pick up chicks too! I don't care as long as I get to watch.

Old 1/31/07, 06:52 AM
GT Member

Exactly!!!

Originally Posted by KdF
Ever look inside of a 1967 Mustang? You had pretty much 3 choices...Black , Red or Tan. Not any different choices there...Just the standard fare. A little chrome on the seats and dash , but that was it. The Mustang is a throw-back to that. You are considering purchasing a 1967 Mustang with a new body and all the latest saftey features. It has a Tremec Racing Transmission <Manual> and a Posi-Track <live> rear axel. It is not a Lexus , Cadillac or Crown Vic. You may have enjoyed it for what it is.

EXACTLY!!! My '07 is a modern version of the car I lusted after as a kid. The "rough" edges are part of its charm. As I told my wife (who drives a Mazda 6S): "Feel free to drive it (the Mustang), but I can guarantee you won't like it - it's nothing like your car".
Old 2/1/07, 03:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by KdF
2.) Ever look inside of a 1967 Mustang? You had pretty much 3 choices...Black , Red or Tan.
Nuh uh! Always had white vinyl available. Always.

Anyhow, I agreed to buy a 1999 Cobra Convert. Green/Tan. 19,000 mi. You don't want to know how reasonably I'm getting this one.
Old 2/1/07, 04:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by theedge67
You said you just looked at the brochures, but did you actually drive it? You might be feeling differently if you had driven the car. I certainly did! I loved the car before I drove it, and I couldn't live without it after!!!
When I ordered my 05, there were no 05 GTs to test drive and if they had one they would not let you drive it, they would only start it for you. They were rare in 2/05. Then I had to wait four months to get mine after I ordered it. I had never driven a Mustang GT until I drove mine off the lot after waiting four months for it to come in. It was well worth the wait. I love mine!
Old 2/1/07, 04:59 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Nuh uh! Always had white vinyl available. Always.

Your ABSOLUTLY right , and Blue vinyl too! I forgot about one of my friends 6-bangers.

Good luck with your Mustang!!
Old 2/1/07, 05:14 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
If you dont want a Mustang, its only your loss. Your loss of the most awesome car in decades, almost ever!

Here's what I want my interior to look like. Cept for the automatic transmission. There's nothing like blasting through the gears!
Old 2/1/07, 05:20 PM
Cobra R Member

there would have been a very simple silution.

buy a BASE GT and replace the bumpers with the GT/CS ones, and add the stripe kit. all parts are availible from ford. or better yet 05stangKC on the boards.

light interiors are always the ones that show dirt IMO.
Old 2/7/07, 10:37 PM
GT Member

The confusing part about this HD Radio stuff is this:

Although the acronym HD has come to mean "high-definition" in reference to HDTV, the "HD" in HD Radio is a trademark with no meaning (although a hybrid digital technology is used).

Somehow I think they just decided to name it HD as a way to ride the HDTV wave. "Wow, my HDTV was such a better picture, now I need HD radio". I'm just disappointed that radio stations here in the US are going with it, since it just complicates stereos for cars. World wide, AM and FM works. And most countries already chose something called Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB) to replace FM.

As for Sirius or XM, they have advantages over HD radio. No commercials, wider range of music, and nationwide coverage for those long roadtrips. When I got my Mustang, I tried listening to local radio stations, and still found way too many ads being played to have HD radio even interest me. I'd much rather just listen to the V8 purr till I can replace the stereo with an in dash MP3 solution.

Lastly, the Shaker 500 is a system, not just the radio, and Sirius is separate. With a Shaker 500, you get subs in the doors, as well as slightly better speakers.

Oh well, enjoy the 99 Cobra.
Old 2/8/07, 08:23 AM

I also own a 1967 and a 2006. The guy that said you only had 3 interior color choices was wrong. They also had blue, green, and a deluxe version. It that guy I say this...it's called RETRO! They did it on purpose. If you don't like it then keep it to yourself but don't bash it on a forum.
Old 2/8/07, 08:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by drakino
Oh well, enjoy the 99 Cobra.
THanks for the good wishes. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, unless I change my mind, which is always a possibility.

I have to say, my take on HD Radio is different than yours. I haven't actually heard it but from what I've read and talked about with others who are interested, it's a much bettter format than standard AM/FM in terms of clarity and rejection of static. It is worth having.

It has not been marketed primarily because many manufacturers and distributors don't stand to profit as much as they would from Sirius or XM. Those subscription media have the promise of profit. HD Radio is just free. Many of the broadcasting stations wish like hell it would catch on, but the car producers and radio manufacturers don't make anything from it. Mercedes Benz has it. I would never pay a monthly fee for a radio, so it's useless to me.

Besides the shortcoming of having to pay a fee for XM or Serius, there are other negatives. Any one I've seen has all sorts of wires messing up dashboard and you have to carry around another device. Ugh! With Serious, you also have to support Howard Stern, which I'm not going to do. (You also have to learn how to spell a new word that can't be spelled properly, like 'potrezebie'.)

I've abandoned my HD Radio hopes for now and I'll take a used Cobra. I'll buy a new car another day, when I'm lured by a current technology radio reciever in the premium package. I'm really a 'latest thing' kind of guy.
Old 2/8/07, 02:24 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Dude, you gotta be kidding me! First, Sirius satellite radio is one of the best things ever created, and I honestly believe that. I have had it since it came out. It's in every vehicle I own. Second, there might be one wire, if you buy one aftermarket. But the Ford Mustang version comes in dash, the only thing that lets you know a car has the satellite radio is the reciever on the read decklid.
Old 2/8/07, 11:45 PM
GT Member

You also have to learn how to spell a new word that can't be spelled properly, like 'potrezebie'.
Sirius, the brightest star in the nighttime sky. Growing up in the rockies and having an excellent view of the nighttime sky, I learned quite a bit about the stars.
Old 2/8/07, 11:54 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by korinwoodo
yep, and to go fast
Originally Posted by atomicvibe
To get chicks?

... To get fast chicks....maybe
Old 2/9/07, 12:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by n00bstang
listen to the v8 engine. it sounds better than any radio i've ever heard.
Amen! Who needs a radio?

Quick Reply: New Mustang Turn Offs