General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

My Sync - Geezer question

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/14, 05:20 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Sync - Geezer question

Kinda a Geezer Question. I have My Sync in the car which works pretty well with my Phone, which is an old non smart phone. I remember seeing a list of newer phones that work and don't work with My Sync, but cannot find it.

I'm thinking of upgrading phone but want to be sure it works with the My Sync System. Anyone know where such a list my be found?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5/19/14, 11:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Stephen, there is a Ford Tech support person on the forum. I think the user name is FordIVTTeam or close to that. If you can't find them you can PM Deysha, and I know she'll hook you up. I do know her user name is, "FordService". Like you I use a dumb phone, so I can't help you.

Last edited by wanted33; 5/19/14 at 11:22 AM.
Old 5/19/14, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Look in here:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...atibility-sync
Old 5/19/14, 06:02 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by oldnjguy
Kinda a Geezer Question. I have My Sync in the car which works pretty well with my Phone, which is an old non smart phone. I remember seeing a list of newer phones that work and don't work with My Sync, but cannot find it.

I'm thinking of upgrading phone but want to be sure it works with the My Sync System. Anyone know where such a list my be found?

Thanks in advance.
Hi oldnjguy,

It looks like El Coyote GT/CS beat me to it. If you don't see a specific phone listed there, feel free to send me a PM with the phone you're thinking about getting. I'll let you know if I have any inside information about it.

Originally Posted by wanted33
Stephen, there is a Ford Tech support person on the forum. I think the user name is FordIVTTeam or close to that. If you can't find them you can PM Deysha, and I know she'll hook you up. I do know her user name is, "FordService". Like you I use a dumb phone, so I can't help you.
You were right, wanted33. FordIVTTeam is the correct name. Thanks for the mention.

Kim
Old 5/20/14, 05:07 AM
GT Member

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the website.

Interesting. Don't want to jinx myself but my current phone although not a smart phone does provide almost all the services, including phone book download and receiving text messages and then reading them to me.

Your website shows that this particular phone does not do the texting and phone book download.

Well I'll just keep this phone for now I guess.
Old 5/20/14, 11:52 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Let's go with Old Geezer Question #2: when I receive a text while driving I get an icon on my Sync screen. How do I dismiss the icon after I've checked the text? Not addressed as far as I can find in the manual.
Old 5/20/14, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by oldnjguy
Thanks for the website.
Interesting. Don't want to jinx myself but my current phone although not a smart phone does provide almost all the services, including phone book download and receiving text messages and then reading them to me.
Your website shows that this particular phone does not do the texting and phone book download.
Well I'll just keep this phone for now I guess.
Your phone sounds pretty smart to me! The software version of the phone can also affect the compatibility. The tested version is listed on our compatibility chart. It sounds like you don't need to change anything at the moment, but this is something to pay attention to if you're in a market for a new phone: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...atibility-sync

Originally Posted by junkman9096
Let's go with Old Geezer Question #2: when I receive a text while driving I get an icon on my Sync screen. How do I dismiss the icon after I've checked the text? Not addressed as far as I can find in the manual.
Hi junkman9096,

Normally, you will press the OK button to dismiss a message on your radio. If this doesn't work, let me know which icon you're seeing.

Kim
Old 5/20/14, 10:26 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Thanks, Kim. I'll try it in the AM.
Old 5/21/14, 01:03 PM

Thanks, Kim. I'll try it in the AM.
You're welcome.

Kim
Old 5/21/14, 04:20 PM
GT Member

Smart Phone

Yea my phone isn't a "smart phone", but it's still smarter than me.. Sheesh
Old 5/25/14, 12:16 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Thumbs up

Well, Kim, the **** thing dismissed itself. I'll tuck your hint away for the next time.
Old 5/25/14, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Room for another old man question?

I was recently informed of an update to my SYNC, so I decided to do it. I quickly learned my A4 card is a READ ONLY and apparently cannot be used to D/L and the system prevents my phone from being used. Do I need to buy a new card?

For the record, I don't know if my card is truly a read only, but I do know it won't accept the SYNC info in its current format from my computer. Maybe I'm doing something wrong??
Old 5/28/14, 06:29 PM

Well, Kim, the **** thing dismissed itself. I'll tuck your hint away for the next time.
Great! Let me know if anything else comes up. I'll be here.

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Room for another old man question?

I was recently informed of an update to my SYNC, so I decided to do it. I quickly learned my A4 card is a READ ONLY and apparently cannot be used to D/L and the system prevents my phone from being used. Do I need to buy a new card?

For the record, I don't know if my card is truly a read only, but I do know it won't accept the SYNC info in its current format from my computer. Maybe I'm doing something wrong??
Hi It'llrun,

It sounds like you're downloading a software update from: www.Support.Ford.com

In that case, I recommend downloading the update to a USB drive. Here are the instructions for this process: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...e-updates-sync

Once you're done downloading the file, follow these steps to install it in your Mustang: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...e-updates-sync

Kim