General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

My Ford service experience

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/15, 11:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
My Ford service experience

Well I just took Buddy in for the $29 works package (figured why not) and once I got there I was told approxinatly 45 min to an hour due top wait times, well 30 minutes later they had my car back out front and did the whole safety check and all that fun stuff, didn't need oil so they only charged me $22 for the service rendered which was a tire rotation, with safety inspection, and they only found one thing in need of work, which was the ball joints!!

So for a car with 74K on the clock were doing really well!!!

Leaving the garage
Name:  30B2C5AC-D441-4D88-BF80-9D2E42056E53_zpse3tgor11.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  283.1 KB

looking through the window
Name:  2B73494B-2D08-401D-9A1D-DAFACF80451D_zpsxl1gz6pl.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  268.8 KB

another shot out side enjoying the warm weather (70+* today)
Name:  2B73494B-2D08-401D-9A1D-DAFACF80451D_zpsxl1gz6pl.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  268.8 KB
Name:  CC9A42AE-F63B-4448-A97D-F1FBBF54F4A9_zpsfbr2jyfu.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  315.5 KB

so all in all it was a good experience and didn't cost as much as I thought!! in and out! Thanks Ford for a speedy service lane!!
Attached Images
Old 3/17/15, 06:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
cool beans and surprised they didn't find more items they could replace for you
Old 3/17/15, 07:52 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim74656
Well I just took Buddy in for the $29 works package (figured why not) and once I got there I was told approxinatly 45 min to an hour due top wait times, well 30 minutes later they had my car back out front and did the whole safety check and all that fun stuff, didn't need oil so they only charged me $22 for the service rendered which was a tire rotation, with safety inspection, and they only found one thing in need of work, which was the ball joints!!

So for a car with 74K on the clock were doing really well!!!

Leaving the garage

looking through the window

another shot out side enjoying the warm weather (70+* today)

so all in all it was a good experience and didn't cost as much as I thought!! in and out! Thanks Ford for a speedy service lane!!
Awesome, Jim74656!! Let me know if you’d like to get these kudos documented for them. If so, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 3/17/15, 08:35 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts
Refreshing to hear. I actually had an excellent experience just yesterday too at my local dealership which now makes two this month. I lost one of the cowl clips when I changed the cabin filter. They initially told me I would have to buy a whole bag (8 of them) for $12. That was OK in my book but when I went to pick them up they actually broke open the bag and asked how many I wanted for just $1.26 each. I took 3 just in case I screw up again in the future. Now that was cool!! I'm starting to get optimistic again. I just hope the next time I don't get
Old 3/17/15, 08:43 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
I am glad to see some positive posts. It is human nature to point out the bad, but rarely do we take the time to point out the good.
Old 3/17/15, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
Refreshing to hear. I actually had an excellent experience just yesterday too at my local dealership which now makes two this month. I lost one of the cowl clips when I changed the cabin filter. They initially told me I would have to buy a whole bag (8 of them) for $12. That was OK in my book but when I went to pick them up they actually broke open the bag and asked how many I wanted for just $1.26 each. I took 3 just in case I screw up again in the future. Now that was cool!! I'm starting to get optimistic again. I just hope the next time I don't get
That's great, NC07GTCS! Love to see positive feedback!

Deysha
Old 3/17/15, 10:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
when i read the title i was expecting it to be bitter experience. glad you had a good one. mine too for past 5 yrs with ford had been great.
Old 3/17/15, 10:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

well the way I look at it is if they did a lousey job, people deserve to know, same applies for when they (who ever) do a great job! and yes D. please do, PM sent by the way!
Old 3/18/15, 01:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

update, PM sent to Deysha about the Kudos to the Ford men and women!!
Old 3/18/15, 02:55 PM

well the way I look at it is if they did a lousey job, people deserve to know, same applies for when they (who ever) do a great job! and yes D. please do, PM sent by the way!
update, PM sent to Deysha about the Kudos to the Ford men and women!!
Awesome! Thanks, Jim74656! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 3/18/15, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool, let me know what happens
Old 3/19/15, 04:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

ok folks, I updated a post related to my Ford experience and at this time im reevaluating the total experience so far, here is the link to the post with all the updated information (don't want to repost it up here and have a double post) but please for the love of read the info and be warned!!!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...9/#post6909732

right now with the whole situation I feel like Ford is really starting to and makes me feel like

Last edited by Jim74656; 3/19/15 at 04:34 PM.
Old 3/20/15, 10:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, posted a new update in thread!
Old 3/26/15, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I have officially given up on working with the local dealer Glenn Ford on the current issue, and fired them as my service provider, also found another local dealer that actually did good and took the car to my local shop and they cleaned, diagnosed, and found the issue and where the leak was coming from, which was the power steering pump, so they replaced that and are working with me on the issue, and checked the entire system and flushed it fully and verified that the lines are ok.

I even got a call from the Ford dealer and advised them of the situation and they offered to have me talk to the GM, which I left a message for and my contact info, no joy on any contact from them....so I have more or less given up on them, and I wish I had read the reviews online before going to them, it would have saved me all this time and effort in the first place....oh well...guess we live and learn...I guess I will be posting a review of Glenn Ford online like everyone else! time to go warn others of this disreputable dealer....
Old 3/26/15, 10:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I posted my review of the experience and kept it as short as possible...here is the review I posted!

I just hope for the love of Ford cars people heed my warning! DO NOT go there unless you want to deal with a headache and a horrible experience!! I feel that I have given ample time to allow them the opportunity to earn back my business but enough is enough!! I hate posting these type of negative reviews (I love to point out the positive things in life) I wish I had read the reviews first If someone from Ford wishes to reach out to me, you know where to find me! As a brand Ford is still good and I will still buy Ford as I have never been let down by my F150 or my Mustang, but feel that this Ford dealership has let me down....horribly!!

Horrible experience Please do your self a favor and avoid this place, I went to the "quick lane"and while it was quick (which is good, they failed to check two major areas of my car as listed on the paper, so I had to take my car back and addressed the mistake, again they were quick to take the car in and check the missed areas, which is where my ordeal began, the service techs are nice, however they pointed out that my car power steering system had three "major"leaks in it, which if they had cleaned up the engine bay (they didn't even offer to do this) but were quick to point out the leaks as soon as they got the car lifted on there lift. so I spent the better part of the day getting my parts, which I was only doing to cut down the time the car would have been out of service.

talked to them over the next few days, went back on Monday to talk to them about putting the parts in, the service manager (David Ross) said that he would only charge me $400 plus refund my $20 that I spent, and while I believe that he may have been genuinely trying to help out, the math did not add up to any thing more then being a wash (or in reality just refunding my money and charging for the work), so I went to another shop that specialized in the Ford motor car and they not only cleaned the engine bay but they were very thorough in there checked and determined the only leak was from the power steering pump and quickly replaced it and had me out the door, I even have left a message for the general manager of the dealer and have not heard back yet, so at this time I am writing this off as a loss and will not be going back to this dealer at all, there are other better places in the area like Autonomics and Car Masters.

I personally wish I had looked them up and read the reviews online before going to this dealer for any service as doing that would have saved me the frustration and aggravation I have gone through!!! I will NOT be making that type of mistake again!!
Old 3/27/15, 02:42 PM

Well I posted my review of the experience and kept it as short as possible...here is the review I posted! ...
I've added this to your previous documentation as well, Jim74656. Thanks!

Deysha
Old 3/27/15, 04:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
I've added this to your previous documentation as well, Jim74656. Thanks!

Deysha
No problem! I just wish that someone from Ford would have reached out to me about this situation (I know you have and your doing a bang up job) but as far as the dealer is concerned I don't think they really care at all, I did find one that at least cared enough to try and do what they could to make things right, Paul Miller Ford, while I was hesitent to have my truck done, they did what they could to ease my concerns and had the truck in and out with in 20 minutes and I watched them perform the work and they even seemed to do a double check of things before they took it off the lift so I feel better about using Paul Miller, I just hope they continue providing the experience.

as far as my Mustang I am working with the place I picked it up from and they are making sure that the power steering system is properly flushed and even the owner of the place is getting involved as we had to swap two bad pumps, and he even told me he does not want me to pay UNTIL the service they are being paid for is done correctly, and I am satisfied with it, which is completely unheard of, most places are the "pay us when were done, if there is any issue bring it back"...but again thats a different place.

I also have provided my info to the GM of Glenn Ford and have yet to hear back and left a message asking them to make contact with me so I can discuss the details of the experience and all this mess but NOPE not a single call or word from anyone higher then the general service advisors....NOT very good and not very happy to say the least (and putting it as nice as I can) I personially would not miss them if there place got shutdown, and if I was there in charge this type of thing WOULD NOT be allowed....I also am hoping that someone from Ford corpret will either find out about this or even reach out to me...but I have little hope oof that ever happening....oh well at least I learned from my mistake and won't ever repeat it again...

Last edited by Jim74656; 3/27/15 at 04:34 PM.
Old 3/30/15, 07:49 AM

No problem! I just wish that someone from Ford would have reached out to me about this situation (I know you have and your doing a bang up job) but as far as the dealer is concerned I don't think they really care at all, I did find one that at least cared enough to try and do what they could to make things right, Paul Miller Ford, while I was hesitent to have my truck done, they did what they could to ease my concerns and had the truck in and out with in 20 minutes and I watched them perform the work and they even seemed to do a double check of things before they took it off the lift so I feel better about using Paul Miller, I just hope they continue providing the experience. ...
Thank you for the kind words, Jim74656. Feedback is always reviewed and addressed internally by us (Ford). However, since the dealerships are independently owned and operated, it’s up to their management/owners to address all consumer facing concerns themselves.

Deysha
Old 3/30/15, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Thank you for the kind words, Jim74656. Feedback is always reviewed and addressed internally by us (Ford). However, since the dealerships are independently owned and operated, it’s up to their management/owners to address all consumer facing concerns themselves.

Deysha
Well as I have stated in another post, I will still keep buying Ford as the brand its self has not let me down but this one specific dealer has, I have posted on various sites about the negitive experience and even left them a message so now it seems the only action I should take is to just warn others about the bad experience seeing as the dealter does not seem to care about what goes on...
Old 3/31/15, 06:24 AM

Well as I have stated in another post, I will still keep buying Ford as the brand its self has not let me down but this one specific dealer has, I have posted on various sites about the negitive experience and even left them a message so now it seems the only action I should take is to just warn others about the bad experience seeing as the dealter does not seem to care about what goes on...
I understand, Jim74656. Let me know if anything else transpires.

Deysha

Quick Reply: My Ford service experience