General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Mustang Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/11, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang Trouble

Ok I got a 2001 Mustang that I wrecked last winter! I hit a mud bank going somewhere between 15 to 25 mph! I didnt hit it straight on, i hit it at an angle driverside hitting first. Bank was about 6 to 8 feet high. When i came to a stop in the field it died, but then it started back with no problem. i went home and noticed that the driverside wheel was bent top in. The fender was bent where it meets the door and was pushed towards the back of the car overlapping winshield arm i guess u could call it and the door where it meets the fender is also bent, cant open the door all the way. Now when standing in front of the car with hood up i could tell the chassis on driverside was bowed in towards the motor slightly, cant notice it until u look for it. the driverside of the radiator is also pushed up but hood still closes without contact. The weird thing is that even though the fender is pushed back it never seperated from the headlight and it hasnt moved???? Driving it u cant tell that its damaged cause it drives straight down the road when letting off the wheel, no pulling to either side. and there is a gap difference in the hood spacing between it and the fender comparing on both sides! what is causing the wheel to be bowed in on top and could the strut be bent? If the strut is bent then wouldnt it affect the driving and shouldnt the alighnment be out? BTW looks like someone welded 2 steel bars to the frame running from front to back on both sides, dont know what they could be for but they dont look factory done and they may have saved the fram...Any suggestions as to what the issues are and y there not affecting the driving of the car?
Old 11/10/11, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damage update

should have mentioned that the bow in the chassis is where the fender bolts on.