Various Curated Content Articles Magazine Type Articles With Pictures By IB / Photo Gallery, Auctions, Shows, Etc. Youtube Video's

Mustang and Porsche Crash All Over U.K. Highway

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/17, 11:12 AM
TMS Editor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Mustang and Porsche Crash All Over U.K. Highway

Both drivers were okay, but the motorway was closed for the better part of the day to get everything cleaned up after the crash.

Read the rest on the Mustang Source homepage. >>
Old 5/17/17, 07:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 775 Likes on 566 Posts
Both drivers were okay, but the motorway was closed for the better part of the day to get everything cleaned up after the crash.
Beating the dead horse of Mustang crashes is getting a little old, but this one is a bit different. Geographically located smack in the middle of the U.K. is England’s M62 motorway, and it was recently the site of a shutdown, as emergency crews cleaned up the mess of a nasty crash.

Details of how the crash went down aren’t provided in this Daily Mail report, but considering the only two vehicles involved were a Shelby Mustang and a Porsche 911, you can draw your own conclusions as to whether or not a friendly speed competition was engaged in at the time.

CHECK OUT: What Forum Members Are Saying About This Ridiculous Wreck

Due to fenders and engine parts being scattered all over the motorway, it was shut down for several hours. Thankfully, emergency crews only reported minor injuries, however, the cars fared much worse.

Both cars will be a total loss, as the Mustang was pretty much destroyed, and the 911 Turbo parted ways with its engine and most of its front suspension. Occupants of both cars are very lucky that the cars didn’t plummet over the railings of the overpass, as that would have led to a much different headline.

Old 6/2/17, 06:42 AM
GT Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Glad there were no injuries. I guess their traffic division is not used to collisions. With no injuries and only damage to vehicles this mess should have been cleaned up in half an hour and that includes waiting for the wreckers to show up.
Old 6/2/17, 07:00 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts
^^ I think the truth is being stretched a bit here also. Better part of the day?? Even a double fatality would not have been that long on a major thoroughfare. That was my experience anyway in my old working days in FL. Had a few of them on I-75 and US 41. It's a tough tedious job for the traffic homicide investigator but it's rapped up in hours with just two vehicles.

Last edited by NC14GT; 6/2/17 at 07:29 AM.
Old 6/2/17, 08:56 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
^^ I think the truth is being stretched a bit here also. Better part of the day?? Even a double fatality would not have been that long on a major thoroughfare. That was my experience anyway in my old working days in FL. Had a few of them on I-75 and US 41. It's a tough tedious job for the traffic homicide investigator but it's rapped up in hours with just two vehicles.
I'm thinking you and I shared a profession. The longest I ever had to close a road for a fatal investigation was 20 minutes before I had one way traffic flowing. Plus I was the scene manager AND the investigating officer. Short of a gasoline tanker blowing up in the middle of it, I can't contemplate how a minor injury collision would close a major highway for the better part of a day. Terrible waste of a perfectly good GT500 though.
Old 6/4/17, 08:19 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by junkman9096
I'm thinking you and I shared a profession. The longest I ever had to close a road for a fatal investigation was 20 minutes before I had one way traffic flowing. Plus I was the scene manager AND the investigating officer. Short of a gasoline tanker blowing up in the middle of it, I can't contemplate how a minor injury collision would close a major highway for the better part of a day. Terrible waste of a perfectly good GT500 though.
Yes we did. A gasoline tanker? Yeah, that would be an exception to the rule just due to the melted pavement. Good gawd, I forgot about those. 25 years was a loooong career. Two of those years was strictly 'traffic' with a federal grant. Normal patrol was bad enough.