General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

TO MANY MODS

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/05, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have seen so many people on here modifying their new stang right out of the box, it just seems to me it will be hard to find one of these cars in a few years that is still stock, well my personal experience is that interior mods hurt the worst, mech mods can be fixed easily if you still have the parts, you would be surprised how much you will miss those nuts and bolts, and other gadgets if you ever try going backwards to stock. anyway, I guess mods are fine, a pristine example of this car down the road will be all the rarer..my .02 worth.... :
Old 5/2/05, 08:58 AM
Bullitt Member

As the judge would say, 'Your objection has been duly noted'.
Old 5/2/05, 09:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Montrose@May 2, 2005, 9:01 AM
As the judge would say, 'Your objection has been duly noted'.
Spoken like a man who has stood in front of many Judges. And I don't think you're an attorney!
Old 5/2/05, 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Probably.......But does it really matter? Mustangs are the very epitome of a personal car, and it has always been thus. With hundreds of thousands of cars to be produced there will be cars . For any real value escalation there will be 20 -25 years to go by
Old 5/2/05, 09:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Yah this car isnt so rare , or will it be in the near long future. Lot more of these babies made than in the 60's and 70's. Plus I am sure anyone doing mods on here is keeping there parts, but probably will never go back, as they are building it to there liking. Not for the liking of others 30 years down the road when there will be plenty of them I am sure. Enjoy this car the way you like it , you paid for it.
Old 5/2/05, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sodaman@May 2, 2005, 9:11 AM
Yah this car isnt so rare , or will it be in the near long future. Lot more of these babies made than in the 60's and 70's. Plus I am sure anyone doing mods on here is keeping there parts, but probably will never go back, as they are building it to there liking. Not for the liking of others 30 years down the road when there will be plenty of them I am sure. Enjoy this car the way you like it , you paid for it.
I disagree Dan, with gas prices escalating, I beleive this run on the muscle cars in mass production will be limited, enjoy it, you will all be talking about the good old days soon enough...
Old 5/2/05, 09:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People have been modding Mustangs for 40 years now. Do you think the fact that gasoline is selling for $2+ per gallon is going to change anything? When I was a kid and gas prices jumped from 30 cents a gallon to 70 cents a gallon, people screamed!! But yet they still drove their cars. Anyway, we're still paying less than half of what the Europeans pay...
Old 5/2/05, 09:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Martimus@May 2, 2005, 9:34 AM
People have been modding Mustangs for 40 years now. Do you think the fact that gasoline is selling for $2+ per gallon is going to change anything? When I was a kid and gas prices jumped from 30 cents a gallon to 70 cents a gallon, people screamed!! But yet they still drove their cars. Anyway, we're still paying less than half of what the Europeans pay...
Yes, they continued modifying used cars, because detroit stopped producing anything that came close to any respectable hp..Thank you, you have made one of my points for me.. :nono:
Old 5/2/05, 09:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sodaman@May 2, 2005, 10:11 AM
Dan, I agree this car is not rare. But there are far fewer being built then when the car was introduced. By 66 Ford was celebrating the 1 Millionth Mustang! We'll get about 192K built this year. Still you are right, don't sweat the collector status, have fun with it! Future collector car? You bet!
Old 5/2/05, 09:41 AM

who cares?! I like what I have and like being able to do whatever I want to it!
I have just about every performance mod available right now. I probably could have had an 87 octane tune installed, but I really don't care-at all. That's actually the first time 87 octane really came across my mind. That's what's great about where we live, we can do what we want too. You keep your's stock and I'll mod mine to my likings.

:scratch:
Old 5/2/05, 09:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

oh, who cares what the europeans pay for Detroit muscle anyway...lol...
Old 5/2/05, 10:55 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by mmoonshot+May 2, 2005, 9:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mmoonshot @ May 2, 2005, 9:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sodaman@May 2, 2005, 9:11 AM
I disagree Dan, with gas prices escalating, I beleive this run on the muscle cars in mass production will be limited, enjoy it, you will all be talking about the good old days soon enough...
[/b][/quote]

You are right. We are right in the middle of a new musce car era. For different reasons, gas price is one, it will not last forever. In a few years they will not build these kind of cars anymore.
Old 5/2/05, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 426H+May 2, 2005, 10:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(426H @ May 2, 2005, 10:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by mmoonshot@May 2, 2005, 9:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-sodaman
@May 2, 2005, 9:11 AM

You are right. We are right in the middle of a new musce car era. For different reasons, gas price is one, it will not last forever. In a few years they will not build these kind of cars anymore.
[/b][/quote]

Thank you !
Old 5/2/05, 12:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 426H+May 2, 2005, 10:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(426H @ May 2, 2005, 10:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
<!--QuoteBegin-sodaman

[/b][/quote]

btw, my first car was a 68 roadrunner...beep beep ..LOL
Old 5/2/05, 01:23 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I have kept in mind I will eventually want the car to be totally stock - concourse level. I will not make the mistakes I made as a kid and dump stock parts I remove from my car.

Thats why anything and everything I change out will be saved and preserved for the day I want to return to fully stock. Every bolt, clamp, exhaust pipes, mufflers and airfilter box.
Old 5/2/05, 01:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by AJC@May 2, 2005, 1:26 PM
I have kept in mind I will eventually want the car to be totally stock - concourse level. I will not make the mistakes I made as a kid and dump stock parts I remove from my car.

Thats why anything and everything I change out will be saved and preserved for the day I want to return to fully stock. Every bolt, clamp, exhaust pipes, mufflers and airfilter box.
One of the reasons that I had started this post was that I personally have spent years rebuilding classic mustangs, not for my personal enjoyment, but as a job, and let me tell you, its hard to get em right again, well not hard, just pricey, i can't tell you how many times I have looked at some of the crazy mods people have made to these cars, and asked myself why, there was no answer...lol

anyway, try to save those original parts, and do as little cutting etc as possible.
Old 5/2/05, 02:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Hellcat6+May 2, 2005, 10:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hellcat6 @ May 2, 2005, 10:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sodaman@May 2, 2005, 10:11 AM
Dan, I agree this car is not rare. But there are far fewer being built then when the car was introduced. By 66 Ford was celebrating the 1 Millionth Mustang! We'll get about 192K built this year. Still you are right, don't sweat the collector status, have fun with it! Future collector car? You bet!
[/b][/quote]

Although fewer are being made today than back then that doesn't mean that these will become collectibles. After all, the cars today are much better built than those cars, so in 25-30+ years there will likely be more of these around than there are 60's today. If for no other reason than the fact that quite a bit of older cars would turn to rust after just a few years, today you can find 10 year old cars with little to no rust, unheard of back when the 60's cars were produced, unless they were stored most of the time.

Personally, I'd do what I want with the car with no regard to future collectible status. A neighbor of mine bought a Ferari Testarossa for an investment years back... he lost his behind on that deal. Never enjoyed driving the car either. Moral of the story, you can't tell what the future holds, enjoy your car the way you want and don't worry about tomorrow. Of course it couldn't hurt you to hold onto original parts if you do do modifications.
Old 5/2/05, 03:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Every car out there is a bad investment if you're just looking at it in terms of value and the ability to hold that value. Cars that are lucky enough to gain in value only do so 50 years later when there are very few on the streets.

If you want the car to retain any kind of value you would have to never drive it (or keep the original engine under about 10,000 miles) and store it inside of some garage. If you ask me, that doesn't sound like a fun way to spend my hard-earned salary.
Old 5/2/05, 06:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mustangspeeder@May 2, 2005, 4:34 PM
If you want the car to retain any kind of value you would have to never drive it (or keep the original engine under about 10,000 miles) and store it inside of some garage. If you ask me, that doesn't sound like a fun way to spend my hard-earned salary.
no fun at all, I'd rather drive it hard till it stops (hopefully after years of fun)
Old 5/2/05, 07:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

<!--QuoteBegin-sodaman

[/b][/quote]

Why not? Sure I can see less of them sold but there will be v8's for a while to come guys. Remember we still have Full size vans, SUVs, f-150's, 250's and 350's for work vehicles and for pulling trailers and campers etc... If someone has 40 to 60+ grand to spend on a 3/4 ton pickup or a sports car I don't think they will be worried about gas at 2 or 3 bucks a gallon. I agree they will probably sell less of these vehicles but there will still be a demand.

Just my 2 cents though

Quick Reply: TO MANY MODS