General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Made my otherwise meh day.

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/16, 10:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Made my otherwise meh day.

So, I had to go to work today. Not usual, but the stores aren't open on Sundays, and it's the only time I can take down the entire network and not cause heart attacks and grumbling and whatnot. Otherwise, in addition to my M-F 9a-6p normality, I'd have to show up at 1am and work until 6am then I *HAVE* to have it up and running... or else.

I love my job... I love my job... IT rules...

Anyway, the grr part is that the thing I was going to do today.. didn't. It just didn't. Stupid routers just won't do what I want, and worse, I have no actual reason. It *should* be working, but it's... not. That's another discussion... maybe when I get things working like I want/they ought, I'll post that.

BUT... the cool bit, the part that made me smile...

I went for a lunch grab at (That place with a clown as its CEO), went through the drive thru, ordered, and then at the pickup window, hadda wait a little.

No big. But when I got to the window, I don't know what happened... but all these young'uns workin' there went *nutz* over Awesome. "Cool car!" "Can I have a ride?" "I'm gonna quit my job so I can get better paying one so I can get a car like that!" "Oh, wow, manual transmission!" and stuff like that.

Heh.

So, being the conceited person I am regarding my baby, I said to them, "Hey, thanks so much. I appreciate that! Check out the license plate when I go."

And they gathered around as I'm leaving, and they see the plate (Says 'Awesome' on it, except Texas didn't have seven letters. I'll let you figure out which one is missing. ) and I hear a squeal... I swear to you, a squeal... as they read the plate. "OH mah gawd" was said too, I think.

Well, if that didn't put a smile on my face, what would? Smile achieved.

I patted Awesome on her dash and said to her, "That's mah girl!"

Went to the work, frustrated and grumbling at the problem, and then I quit.

Well, for that night anyway. Learned some things, pondering others, so not completely wasted but 5 hours chasing IP issues is... ugh.

So I'm going home and dropped by another (Place what a clown runs) to get a snack as I had a couple more errands and I was thirsty as well. Order, got to window...

Dude goes "Man, I really like your car! Ooh, manual!"

Well, heck, if that don't put a smile on my face, what would? Smile achieved.

I also informed him to check the plate as well, because, again, conceited regarding my ride.

And then I patted her dash again. Twice in one day, two different places, Awesome was appreciated.

Which makes me happy.

I love my car way too much... but that's just fine.

Last edited by houtex; 11/20/16 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11/21/16, 06:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
Good Stuff
Old 11/21/16, 07:45 AM
GT Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
There's two kinds of people; those who have Mustangs and those who wish they did.
Old 11/21/16, 02:54 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,235 Posts
Awesome stuff!!
Old 11/21/16, 05:55 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,301 Likes on 1,715 Posts
Old 11/21/16, 11:33 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,139 Likes on 818 Posts
Very nice! Really was a great or should I say, "Awesome" day!

Last edited by shaneyusa; 11/21/16 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11/22/16, 08:23 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,064 Likes on 666 Posts
It always makes your day when people 'love' your car.
The key is to keep it looking nice. So few owners regularly detail their rides, and drive their cars daily with dirty wheels, windows, etc... That garners no attention at all. When I hit the road for day trips it's actually an unusual day when someone doesn't make a 'sweet ride' comment somewhere along the route. Not just the GT but my others as well. You still have to have a special car though. Not sure it would ever happen with an old Geo Metro.
Old 11/22/16, 10:43 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I keep mine clean, in spite of the fact it is my daily driver. I often get compliments, even though it is not as nice as some of the other cars on here that are detailed often and driven in fair weather only.
Old 11/23/16, 07:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Which letter is missing from yer plate?
Old 11/23/16, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by SpectreH
I keep mine clean, in spite of the fact it is my daily driver. I often get compliments, even though it is not as nice as some of the other cars on here that are detailed often and driven in fair weather only.
That's dedication and proves you are a real car guy. My inspiration comes from my 85 year old neighbor who drives a '99 Taurus SHO. He visits his wife every day at the nursing home and when he returns home, before putting the SHO in the garage, he wipes down the car at the very minimum. Many times the hose comes out and he washes the whole car. It's a routine. The condition of that SHO is amazing and show worthy.
Old 11/24/16, 01:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
That's dedication and proves you are a real car guy. My inspiration comes from my 85 year old neighbor who drives a '99 Taurus SHO. He visits his wife every day at the nursing home and when he returns home, before putting the SHO in the garage, he wipes down the car at the very minimum. Many times the hose comes out and he washes the whole car. It's a routine. The condition of that SHO is amazing and show worthy.
Pics of the neighbors ride??
Old 11/25/16, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Pics of the neighbors ride??
None of the SHO but I do have one of his Lincoln which I'm trying to sell for him. Same incredible condition. This one has a whopping 6,000 miles.
Made my otherwise meh day.-lincoln-009.jpg
Old 11/26/16, 05:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack Straw
There's two kinds of people; those who have Mustangs and those who wish they did.
There's three kinds.

Those who who have Mustangs
Those who wish they did.
Those who had a Mustang and got rid of it because they are cheaply built crappy cars.
Old 11/26/16, 07:45 AM
GT Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Yep, that's funny right there.......Let's add a fourth category; people who think a Mustang should be built like a Porsche but still cost $30K.

Mustangs have always been built to a price that working stiffs can usually afford. That's the only reason I can afford one.
Old 11/26/16, 10:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
There's three kinds.

Those who wish they did.
Those who had a Mustang and got rid of it because they are cheaply built crappy cars.

Cheaply built, sure, I can understand that. All cars are cheaply built though, when one gets down to it, because the manufacturers and dealers can't make money on them otherwise.

Crappy, though... mine isn't. And that's all I'm sayin'.
Old 11/26/16, 01:12 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Awsome story Houtex! I kinda relate to that yesterday. Trying to install and edit a C# program written in 2010, using Visual Studio 2015. NOTHING worked. So i decided to go for a drive in the country instead. I had smiles for miles. No drive through but at the corner store where I stopped for licorice, an elder remarked at how gorgeous my car was
Old 11/26/16, 03:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
There's three kinds.

Those who wish they did.
For the third are we using a base model, V-6, auto trans mustang as the bench mark for all mustangs in this category?
Old 11/26/16, 06:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I was lucky in that I got my vanity plate after Texas started using seven symbols on our plates.

I get a lot of people telling me that's a ridiculous plate, no car can go mach 207. Then I get to tell them about the time I went 207 mph. My wife thought the same when I got the plate, but then I told her it's a conversation-starter. It works too, because the car draws people's attention naturally, then the plate pushes them over the edge and piques their curiosity enough to ask me about it. Fun times.