General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Loudest exhaust possible

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/12 | 05:12 PM
V6 Member

Loudest exhaust possible

Right now on the car is Flowmaster Outlaw axle back, and they sound really good.

But I just want to go all out, and the loudest setup possible.

Pretty much the loudest setup would be "Open headers" but I don't want to do that.

But Long tubes and 3 inch straight pipe all the way back.

This video right here the guy has got Flowmaster 1 chamber and Off-road X.. and this sounds LOUD!!!

http://

Would my Flowmaster Outlaw and a Off road X be louder then this???
since the flows are a straight thru design??

Thinking about keeping some sort of muffler on there to keep back pressure and from losing power.

But my official setup would be long tubes, off road mid pipe and 3 inch cat-back.
Old 9/12/12 | 05:24 PM

Just keep the setup that you like and that sounds good, and put cutouts in. That way you can be loud when you want but don't have to drive around all day with non stop noise.
Old 9/12/12 | 05:27 PM
V6 Member

I've actually thought about doing that.....That wouldn't be a bad idea especially when your driving right next to a cop with straight pipes and headers.
Old 9/12/12 | 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by FIVE POINT OHH
I've actually thought about doing that.....That wouldn't be a bad idea especially when your driving right next to a cop with straight pipes and headers.
Haha Yea cut outs are fun. A buddy of mine from back in high school had a 86 Chevy lifted with a bad 350 In it and he would get beside someone, open the cutouts and watch them **** their pants. Fun stuff.
Old 9/12/12 | 05:40 PM
V6 Member

Haha Yea cut outs are fun. A buddy of mine from back in high school had a 86 Chevy lifted with a bad 350 In it and he would get beside someone, open the cutouts and watch them **** their pants. Fun stuff.

hahahahahah!!! that would be fun!! I think I might do that, lol I would love to watch people get mad, and scare the hell out of them.
Old 9/12/12 | 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

hahahahahah!!! that would be fun!! I think I might do that, lol I would love to watch people get mad, and scare the hell out of them.
I don't agree-- that's kid stuff. When you get a little (or a lot) older, you'll realize that there's enough grief in the world without trying to add to it by creating problems for other people... or yourself. How do you think some of those "road rage" situations come about? Most of us just want to get through the day with the least amount of hassle possible. Do yourself and everyone around you a favor: Grow up and play nice.
Old 9/12/12 | 09:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Mickstang
I don't agree-- that's kid stuff. When you get a little (or a lot) older, you'll realize that there's enough grief in the world without trying to add to it by creating problems for other people... or yourself. How do you think some of those "road rage" situations come about? Most of us just want to get through the day with the least amount of hassle possible. Do yourself and everyone around you a favor: Grow up and play nice.
Disagree. I'm gonna have fun with my mustang. Nothing that would put anyone in danger though. I've been considering the cutouts recently too. Think it'd be awesome
Old 9/12/12 | 11:08 PM

Sounds like someone had a rough day. Just do what makes you happy. Mister grumpy gills up there is never gonna see you, or in your future case...hear you. I've never been passed by someone with loud pipes and thought "wow my day is really ruined because that boy in that mustang is just having way too much fun"
Old 9/13/12 | 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mr. Grumpy Gills is responding to this post, and what I consider an immature and possibly dangerous attitude taken by Five Point Ohh in regard to his driving style. Loud exhaust doesn't bother me; I ride a Harley. BUT... what if the guy 5.0 wants to **** off is a borderline psycho with a loaded 9MM laying on the seat next to him, and a couple belts of Ol' Loudmouth sloshing around in his gut? What if the woman he wants to "scare the hell out of" is a nervous and harried housewife with three noisy kids in the back seat, whose response to a sudden explosion of noise is to wrench the wheel, running off the road or worse yet, into oncoming traffic? 5.0 might be a great guy, but I stand by my opinion-- any desire to cause grief for another for the purpose of one's own entertainment is extremely rash and carries the potential for disaster. I had only hoped to present the issue to this poster from the viewpoint of his intended victim in hopes of getting him to see the broader view. IMO, if we can't "have fun" with our Mustangs without alienating the people with whom we share the road, we might be playing with the wrong toys.
Old 9/13/12 | 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mickstang
Mr. Grumpy Gills is responding to this post, and what I consider an immature and possibly dangerous attitude taken by Five Point Ohh in regard to his driving style. Loud exhaust doesn't bother me; I ride a Harley. BUT... what if the guy 5.0 wants to **** off is a borderline psycho with a loaded 9MM laying on the seat next to him, and a couple belts of Ol' Loudmouth sloshing around in his gut? What if the woman he wants to "scare the hell out of" is a nervous and harried housewife with three noisy kids in the back seat, whose response to a sudden explosion of noise is to wrench the wheel, running off the road or worse yet, into oncoming traffic? 5.0 might be a great guy, but I stand by my opinion-- any desire to cause grief for another for the purpose of one's own entertainment is extremely rash and carries the potential for disaster. I had only hoped to present the issue to this poster from the viewpoint of his intended victim in hopes of getting him to see the broader view. IMO, if we can't "have fun" with our Mustangs without alienating the people with whom we share the road, we might be playing with the wrong toys.
I do appreciate your point of view, Mickstang, but do SO LOVE ruining peoples phone conversations with my sidepipes. "SORRY,WHAT WAS THAT??? ICANT HEAR YOU OVER... NONONO, I WILL CALL YOU LATER WHEN I AM NOT BEHIND THE WHEEL"
Old 9/13/12 | 02:21 PM

I completely understand where you are coming from. I also hope if someone wants to rev up at another person it's not a mom with kids. Usually while I'm driving my mustang and I am near someone with children I take it easy, maybe even stay back. But if there's a little Honda driving around town with its stickers that add horsepower, they get an ear full. Most of the time you can see who's in the car. I usually don't think that someone would be stupid enough to pull a stunt like you are painting the picture for.
Old 9/13/12 | 03:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

True story that happened today.

I pulled out of Walgreens today and made a right and came to a light. Lots of things on my mind. Bills, loans, child support, and work all heavy on my mind. Well, I look in my rear view and see some very sporty ORANGE car coming up on me in the same lane as I'm still standing. Orange car sees me and immediately knee jerks over to the next lane on my right to pass me and showboat. My first guess was Ferarri but I was wrong. (Lamborghini)

I was tired and sorting things out in my mind. I wanted no trouble. I wasn't going to even give him the satisfaction of blowing my doors off or become another envious gawker so I purposely kept my neck snottily turned in the other direction so he could pass.

The jerk purposely slowed down right next to me as he was passing me like a granny and revved. It was the LOUDEST exhaust I have heard in my life! No joke. Today was an experience in the laws of sound, my ears, and temper.

Here's the point:

I was so infuriated at this because it was snotty, unnecessary, immature, pointless, unexpected, and jolted me out of my seat. I couldn't help but think of my daughter and her reaction had she been in the backseat. I actually doubled back to find this person for confrontation. I did not see who was driving but I didn't care I was so pissed. Btw, I am by no means a "little" guy.

Whoever posted that your exhaust noise level may initiate road rage is correct. Had I found the guy: me or him, someone was getting an @ss whooping.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 9/13/12 at 03:52 PM.
Old 9/13/12 | 07:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

^ Immature, yes but I promise if you went to try and stop me, run me off the road or remove me from my vehicle then I my friend would have to evoke my second amendment rights and show you how well my Kimber ultra carry looks....

Be smarter, big or little everyone has a gun and you just might run up on a guy having a worse day, and then itll all be over. Be smart, people are nuts. No offense but people like you are the reason I have a CCW.
Old 9/13/12 | 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by slostang
^ Immature, yes but I promise if you went to try and stop me, run me off the road or remove me from my vehicle then I my friend would have to evoke my second amendment rights and show you how well my Kimber ultra carry looks....

Be smarter, big or little everyone has a gun and you just might run up on a guy having a worse day, and then itll all be over. Be smart, people are nuts. No offense but people like you are the reason I have a CCW.
None taken.

Try not to miss.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 9/13/12 at 08:18 PM.
Old 9/13/12 | 09:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm glad we seem to be on the same page here. I say get the loudest pipes you can get away with, if YOU can stand to listen to them. Everyone will hear you coming and going, but at least the sound won't be a sudden, unexpected blast. I'm leaning toward the Roush axlebacks, myself.
Old 9/13/12 | 09:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
None taken.

Try not to miss.
Missing the point, don't put yourself in the situation. And I promise I will click off 3 rounds through my window into my attackers stomach, they will understand what a .45 federal hallow point does too them.

Not you, ANY person. My issue isn't you it's just saying...be an adult.
Old 9/13/12 | 10:21 PM

Missing the point, don't put yourself in the situation. And I promise I will click off 3 rounds through my window into my attackers stomach, they will understand what a .45 federal hallow point does too them.

Not you, ANY person. My issue isn't you it's just saying...be an adult.
Hollow points? Shooting stomachs out of a window?

Did I just read that?... Followed by "be an adult."

Haha for a minute I thought this was the "gangsta forum."

Straight up G Dawg, I'm glad you is gonna dump till ya clips is empty. Any Homie Rollin up and creepin on you iz gonna hear the blam blam. Rat a tat on dat @ss boyeeee!

Seriously, Can we get back to talking about exhaust?

All up in my Kool-Aid and dont even know the flavor.
Old 9/13/12 | 10:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Hollow points? Shooting stomachs out of a window?

Did I just read that?... Followed by "be an adult."

Haha for a minute I thought this was the "gangsta forum."

Straight up G Dawg, I'm glad you is gonna dump till ya clips is empty. Any Homie Rollin up and creepin on you iz gonna hear the blam blam. Rat a tat on dat @ss boyeeee!

Seriously, Can we get back to talking about exhaust?

All up in my Kool-Aid and dont even know the flavor.
No, you can come pull on my door handle to TRY and remove me from my vehicle and I simpley stated that any person that does will see what a double or tripple tap to the gut feels like. You seem to miss that I am playing DEFENSE here, you're being the aggressor chasing people down.

I use Federal 180 grain hallow points in my weapon, no "empty clips" unless I am in a full on gun battle...but I would be on the move by that point. Plain and simple, no thug here, ask any person that owns or carries a fire arm about my tactic. Just trying to point out that ANY person could get hurt or killed "chasing a lambo down to beat his *** because he revved at me" or any car/person for any reason. The world is on edge and people are taking crazier steps so law abiding citizens are practicing the 2nd amendment more so then ever. I am over this talk, you're a hard head.

Last edited by slostang; 9/13/12 at 10:34 PM.
Old 9/13/12 | 10:34 PM

Hallelujah!

Meanwhile. Roush axle backs are in the running...

Last edited by Getportfolio; 9/13/12 at 10:37 PM.
Old 9/14/12 | 05:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

No, you can come pull on my door handle to TRY and remove me from my vehicle and I simpley stated that any person that does will see what a double or tripple tap to the gut feels like. You seem to miss that I am playing DEFENSE here, you're being the aggressor chasing people down.

I use Federal 180 grain hallow points in my weapon, no "empty clips" unless I am in a full on gun battle...but I would be on the move by that point. Plain and simple, no thug here, ask any person that owns or carries a fire arm about my tactic. Just trying to point out that ANY person could get hurt or killed "chasing a lambo down to beat his *** because he revved at me" or any car/person for any reason. The world is on edge and people are taking crazier steps so law abiding citizens are practicing the 2nd amendment more so then ever. I am over this talk, you're a hard head.
Actually to be in the right to use your firearm you may have to convince a jury your life was threatened. One one one with an unarmed man who tries to pull you out of a car isn't an automatic win for you. Put a weapon in the aggressor's hand and you have a case. Maybe if he is 20 and Chuck Norris you have a case, otherwise man up and meet the challenge head on. Don't be one of those trigger happy gun owners, that put all carrying citizens' gun rights in jeopardy. But I digress, I hear DynoMax bullets in my future. That's for the car, not the gat.

Quick Reply: Loudest exhaust possible