General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Lemon Law

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/12, 02:49 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemon Law

Noticed that my dealer never gave me paperwork on lemon law. Should I contact the dealer to get that? Do I really need it?

I already got the car...
Old 9/16/12, 02:53 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
There is no paperwork on the lemon law. The only way to use the law is through an attorney. Already having second thoughts?
Old 9/16/12, 03:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2013FORD
Noticed that my dealer never gave me paperwork on lemon law. Should I contact the dealer to get that? Do I really need it?

I already got the car...
There is a small booklet, entitled: " Owner's Rights Under State Lemon Laws". The one I am looking at is 64 pages long, and pretty much covers each state with a lemon law, as far as I can see. This one came with our new 2013 Jeep GC Limited.

I haven't looked for one in the Mustang, as it's in the garage.

So you may want to check with your dealer. Actually, you really don't need one. Just contact your state and see what the law is, if you need it. The laws are usually posted on the WEB. If you get a lawyer involved Ford will not talk to you once the lawyer advises them he is representing you. So, if you have a problem try working with Ford until all avenues are exhausted, and then seek legal advice. I had very good luck in the past dealing with GM and ended up getting another car. And, in 1990 my wife;s new Eagle Talon had acid rain spots all over it. Went back to the dealer the next morning and he took the car back and replaced it with another one, which had a CD player. He gave us the CD player for our trouble. We are still buying cars from him. Sometimes you can work with people, but when you can't that's lawyer time.

UPDATE: Ok, curiousity got the best of me. I looked though the Mustang's papers, and there was no information on Lemon Laws, no booklet. Guess Ford doesn't think we need that info

Last edited by SD CALSPCL; 9/16/12 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Update
Old 9/16/12, 07:28 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
There is no paperwork on the lemon law. The only way to use the law is through an attorney. Already having second thoughts?

No nothing like that... Just picked up the car and the guy had some paper on the lemon law but with everything else going on he never went over it or gave me a copy... i was just wondering if he needed to give me a copy or not?