General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Jay Leno's Top 10 Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/14, 06:25 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Jay Leno's Top 10 Mustangs

Fairly predictable and subjective, and he could only pick 10.....but still a very nice line-up. About the only nit to pick was Jay describing the SVO as being supercharged.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/14/j...to-news|design
Old 6/16/14, 07:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
I'll have to watch that later
Old 6/16/14, 10:47 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,714 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Fairly predictable and subjective, and he could only pick 10.....but still a very nice line-up. About the only nit to pick was Jay describing the SVO as being supercharged. http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/14/j...to-news|design
I heard that to and laughed! But then if you owned a gazillion cars could you keep all your facts together? :-)
Old 6/16/14, 11:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
That and him describing the GT500 as having the highest rated hp of an "aspirated V8 engine" ever. Was he going for "naturally aspirated," because if so he's still wrong.

I mean, the guy does own like 1,000 cars. Can't expect him to remember everything about them, but he gets the most random but easy-to-remember facts wrong all the time.
Old 6/16/14, 07:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The fact that he picked the 2015 Mustang as one of his " all time favorite " Mustangs told me all i had to know about that video. It was more or less a paid advertisement for the 2015 by Ford! This car hasn't even hit the streets or strip yet and its one of his " all time favorites" ya ok ;-). Also no mention of the Terminator was kinda a fail in my eyes as that was one of the baddest Mustangs ever! Still love to watch Jay, he is a true car nut!
Old 6/16/14, 09:20 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
That and him describing the GT500 as having the highest rated hp of an "aspirated V8 engine" ever. Was he going for "naturally aspirated," because if so he's still wrong.
Well technically, the GT500 does 'breathe'.

Old 6/16/14, 09:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Well technically, the GT500 does 'breathe'.
Lol I guess so...
Old 6/17/14, 04:49 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Astenax
The fact that he picked the 2015 Mustang as one of his " all time favorite " Mustangs told me all i had to know about that video. It was more or less a paid advertisement for the 2015 by Ford! This car hasn't even hit the streets or strip yet and its one of his " all time favorites" ya ok ;-). Also no mention of the Terminator was kinda a fail in my eyes as that was one of the baddest Mustangs ever! Still love to watch Jay, he is a true car nut!

Leno has more cars in his garage than I have pennies in my change jar. I'm not so sure this might have been a paid advertisement.

Agreed, the '15 hasn't hit the streets yet, but the significance of IRS will make this a milestone Mustang and it had to be included IMHO.

I am disappointed that he failed to include a certain 2014 black GT convertible with Boss 302 wheels from NJ.

Tom
Old 6/30/14, 01:05 PM
TMS Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jay Leno's Top-10 Mustangs of All Time: Jay Leno's Garage

We've all got our top-10 favorite Mustangs, but what about famous car collectors like Jay Leno? Ever wondered what someone with deep pockets thinks is the bee's knees in the form of Mustangs? Well, wonder no more because Jay Leno dedicated an episode of his Jay Leno's Garage to discussing his top-10 Mustangs. I might add that Jay admits to having a longstanding soft spot for the Mustang because as he puts it, "The Mustang has always been affordable; it's the everyman's sports car, and that if you worked hard and kept your nose to the grindstone, you could afford one.”

Read the rest on The Mustang Source homepage.
Old 6/30/14, 01:14 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Merging . . . topic already started . . .
Old 6/30/14, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to agree with astenax on this one. Ford obviously paid Leno and said let the public hear about your top 10 favorite Mustangs but just make sure the last one is the new 2015 Mustang because we need to sell Mustangs. Just having IRS is not enough of a big deal to put the 2015 on the list in my opinion given that Ford already put IRS on the Cobra back in the 90's. This was an advertisement for the 2015 and nothing more. Ford is smart enough to realize that car enthusiasts watch Jay Leno's Garage regularly and that makes a great conduit to plug their new car. So yeah yeah, pick nine other Mustangs Jay but just make sure the last one you pick is the new Mustang okay? Good, now here's your check.

I really hope this new Mustang lives up to all the hype because Scion found out the hard way what happens when you over hype a car and it doesn't deliver. They can't even break 2000 units a month with that FR-S now.
Old 7/1/14, 09:12 PM

Good blog, worth for reading.
Old 7/12/14, 09:59 PM
Banned

Leno has more cars in his garage than I have pennies in my change jar. I'm not so sure this might have been a paid advertisement.

Agreed, the '15 hasn't hit the streets yet, but the significance of IRS will make this a milestone Mustang and it had to be included IMHO.

I am disappointed that he failed to include a certain 2014 black GT convertible with Boss 302 wheels from NJ.

Tom
Ok so an irs is the most significant thing to happen to a Mustang? As I recall the Cobra had to have a solid rear just to compete on the 1/4 because they kept destroying those irs rears lol! on a road course the irs will be better but at the 1/4 the irs will need to be upgraded to have a solid rear if it will be able to compete "period"! argue that budy!
Old 7/12/14, 10:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ok so an irs is the most significant thing to happen to a Mustang? As I recall the Cobra had to have a solid rear just to compete on the 1/4 because they kept destroying those irs rears lol! on a road course the irs will be better but at the 1/4 the irs will need to be upgraded to have a solid rear if it will be able to compete "period"! argue that budy!
The Cobra's IRS is completely irrelevant in this context - it was never designed for an IRS. Look at some of the fastest cars in the world - Bugatti, Ferrari, ZR1. They have no problems repeatedly launching hard, over and over and over again.
Old 7/12/14, 10:16 PM
Banned

Tom
LOL sorry but nobody takes a convertible seriously lol! As to the "mile stone" Irs comment im once again sorry for correcting you but the Cobras had irs! They actually had to switch to a solid rear so they could put down the real power because the tiny irs kept snapping with the 5000 rpm clutch dumps on slicks! I wouldn't expect a convertible owner to know that as this is a pure enthusiast territory lol! Enjoy your cruzer pops!
Old 7/12/14, 10:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

LOL sorry but nobody takes a convertible seriously lol! As to the "mile stone" Irs comment im once again sorry for correcting you but the Cobras had irs! They actually had to switch to a solid rear so they could put down the real power because the tiny irs kept snapping with the 5000 rpm clutch dumps on slicks! I wouldn't expect a convertible owner to know that as this is a pure enthusiast territory lol! Enjoy your cruzer pops!
Ok, you are a retard. Go away now.
Old 7/12/14, 11:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

these look familiar? They should, to a true enthusiast, first off this blue car? First mustang EVER sold, this white car? Supposedly the first built. And what right do you have to talk to laserred like that? He's been here a lot longer than you have, and so have I. And pure enthusiasts territory? So sorry to pop the bubble you've been living in, but convertibles and hardtops share the same history except one has a disappearing roof, similar to v6 vs gt vs Shelby, they all have the same bloodline. maybe you should become a true 'enthusiast' and come back.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Supersnake04; 7/12/14 at 11:17 PM.
Old 7/12/14, 11:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Supersnake04
these look familiar? They should, to a true enthusiast, first off this blue car? First mustang EVER sold, this white car? Supposedly the first built. And what right do you have to talk to laserred like that? He's been here a lot longer than you have, and so have I. And pure enthusiasts territory? So sorry to pop the bubble you've been living in, but convertibles and hardtops share the same history except one has a disappearing roof, similar to v6 vs gt vs Shelby, they all have the same bloodline. maybe you should become a true 'enthusiast' and come back.
He was talking to Tom, but still.
Old 7/12/14, 11:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
He was talking to Tom, but still.
there I was defending you! Haha I'm a little off my mind, anyway it's 1:42 here and when I'm tired I get things confused easily. Whoops. I think it was because I read your post beforehand.

Last edited by Supersnake04; 7/12/14 at 11:44 PM.
Old 7/12/14, 11:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Supersnake04
there I was defending you! Haha I'm a little off my mind, anyway it's 1:42 here and when I'm tired I get things confused easily. Whoops.
Haha all good, appreciate it, but yeah definitely uncalled for. I think that fool was drunk posting or something.

Quick Reply: Jay Leno's Top 10 Mustangs