General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

I'm so BUMMED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/15, 12:46 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by TheTaminator
Well, you are (were?) a very fine looking guy....and if you have $20m in lotto winnings, well - my conditions should be *easily* met
Sorry. I'm over you now. Just curious though....ya got any sisters?
Old 1/1/15, 12:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Sorry. I'm over you now. Just curious though....ya got any sisters?
<sob> Actually, I do. I have one sister. Kinda interesting in that her name is used to be Tom, but now she goes by Tanya. Interested?
Old 1/1/15, 12:57 PM
FR500 Member

<sob> Actually, I do. I have one sister. Kinda interesting in that her name is used to be Tom, but now she goes by Tanya. Interested?

Old 1/1/15, 12:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I wouldn't say interested is the word...curious maybe?

And is the Blackhawk one sunday? If so, I think I'm down for both! Bout time I take this car to a show!
Old 1/1/15, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Taminator

Have you two ever considered buying a Mustang project car? Something you can purchase relatively cheap that needs work but you can do exactly what you want with the car. Just food for thought.
Old 1/1/15, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 3point7
Taminator

Have you two ever considered buying a Mustang project car? Something you can purchase relatively cheap that needs work but you can do exactly what you want with the car. Just food for thought.
That's a good point - unfortunately, we already have a project motorcycle that is going to cost a fair bit to finish. Right now it's in the shop wracking up a sizeable bill. Maybe when that's done though.....hmmm.
Old 1/2/15, 08:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Tami/Rod, are we doing CnC tomorrow and/or sunday? I'm planning to go to both. Going to get up at 5am tomorrow to wash the car.
Old 1/2/15, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Tami/Rod, are we doing CnC tomorrow and/or sunday? I'm planning to go to both. Going to get up at 5am tomorrow to wash the car.
Hi Patrick - we are a maybe for tomorrow morning/Embarcadero, and a for sure on Sunday at Blackhawk.

I can probably switch us from maybe to a confirmed yes if you'll send me your address so we can swing by at 5 a.m. tomorrow to get our car washed too, lol!
Old 1/2/15, 10:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hi Patrick - we are a maybe for tomorrow morning/Embarcadero, and a for sure on Sunday at Blackhawk. I can probably switch us from maybe to a confirmed yes if you'll send me your address so we can swing by at 5 a.m. tomorrow to get our car washed too, lol!
Rofl! Hey, if you would drive from SJ to San Leandro at 4:30-5am, you can use my car wash stuff, but I have a couple small mods to do before we roll out lol. You're very welcome to use my driveway and I can help wash though!
Old 1/2/15, 11:34 AM

This will not end well...
This is my normal life with Tami. Doesn't matter if it is the Mustang or one of our bikes, she is OCD to the MAX!!!!! :-)
Old 1/2/15, 11:38 AM

Rofl! Hey, if you would drive from SJ to San Leandro at 4:30-5am, you can use my car wash stuff, but I have a couple small mods to do before we roll out lol. You're very welcome to use my driveway and I can help wash though!
No, no ,no.....Tami needs to sleep and when she does wake up, it is an hour and a half process, including 1 pot of coffee! Guess we need to get the heated air dryer she has been wanting for drying the bikes. Should work well on the car as well. We will see you sometime this weekend! LOL
Old 1/2/15, 11:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glover53
No, no ,no.....Tami needs to sleep and when she does wake up, it is an hour and a half process, including 1 pot of coffee! Guess we need to get the heated air dryer she has been wanting for drying the bikes. Should work well on the car as well. We will see you sometime this weekend! LOL
Hey now, I *knew* I should never have given you the address to this forum, lol!!! Can't I have any secrets? Careful, Tom is still out there....I could reduce my list of demands, haha.

I love you baby!
Old 1/2/15, 12:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Haha nice! I need a dryer too! Though I've been using the waterless wash stuff for winter time, since it's been too cold to pull all the wash supplies out (or rainy).
Old 1/2/15, 10:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Haha nice! I need a dryer too! Though I've been using the waterless wash stuff for winter time, since it's been too cold to pull all the wash supplies out (or rainy).
I think we will pull the trigger on one of the Metro Vac's - either the 4.0 Vac N Blo, or maybe go whole hog for the Master Blaster. We will really need it once the project motorcycle is done since it will have a ton of chrome on it.
Old 1/2/15, 10:37 PM

She has plenty of PROJECTS to keep her busy for some time! LOL
Old 1/3/15, 07:13 AM
FR500 Member

I think we will pull the trigger on one of the Metro Vac's - either the 4.0 Vac N Blo, or maybe go whole hog for the Master Blaster. We will really need it once the project motorcycle is done since it will have a ton of chrome on it.
Shortly after I got my Mustang in May I bought a barely used 8.0hp Master Blaster from a forum member and saved a ton of money.

But even at full price it's worth every penny to keep drying towels off of your car. It's the first tool that comes out everytime I begin my detailing ritual.

Word of advice....the plastic hose clamp isn't very strong. As the forced air heats up it expands both the hard rubber hose nozzle and the end of the hose at the unit outlet. If the nozzle blows off, the hose starts whipping around from the air pressure and if it hits the car it'll do some damage. I missed hitting my door by inches over the summer.

I'd suggest using metal hose clamps to secure both ends of the hose as tightly as possible.
Old 1/7/15, 12:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
This is my normal life with Tami. Doesn't matter if it is the Mustang or one of our bikes, she is OCD to the MAX!!!!! :-)
I'm a bit late to the game here, but read the thread. Welcome to the forum Rod. And from an old guy married 37 years, you do know you're going to lose this battle, right?
Old 1/7/15, 12:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by wanted33
I'm a bit late to the game here, but read the thread. Welcome to the forum Rod. And from an old guy married 37 years, you do know you're going to lose this battle, right?
I'm not so sure lol...
Old 1/7/15, 12:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
I'm not so sure lol...
Trying to prepare the young man for the inevitable. May not happen today, or tomorrow, but some day when he least expects it.........................
Old 1/7/15, 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wanted33
Hahaha! You, sir, are very smart guy!

Quick Reply: I'm so BUMMED!!!!