General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

How many of the TMS people are like me?

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/15, 05:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm just curious, how many of you are like me in that you have a Mustang, but it is your only car, a daily driver? You drive it year round and don't give in to weather threats? What about without a garage? I just want to know. Thanks everyone!
Old 6/3/15, 05:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm in the same boat. My mustang is my DD and is parked in my driveway. Our garage is from the late 30's and can't fit a modern car. I try not to drive in snow and bad weather. But this summer my car and I will be moving to sunny Arizona and won't have to sit through another winter.

Last edited by mustangfan410; 6/3/15 at 06:27 PM.
Old 6/3/15, 05:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
My Mustang is my daily driver and road trip car and is kept in a garage. However, my wife has a new Honda CR-V that we use some of the time. My Mustang goes out in any weather other than snow or ice, but we very rarely have that in Western Washington.
Old 6/3/15, 06:21 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
My '13 GT convertible is garage kept but is my daily driver in all weather. The restored '65 Corvair convertible only comes out in nice weather.
Old 6/3/15, 06:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tukatz
My Mustang is my daily driver and road trip car and is kept in a garage. However, my wife has a new Honda CR-V that we use some of the time. My Mustang goes out in any weather other than snow or ice, but we very rarely have that in Western Washington.
I'm in the same boat. My mustang is my DD and is parked in my driveway. Our garage is from the late 30's and can't fit a modern car. I try not to drive in snow and bad weather. But this summer my car and I will be in sunny Arizona and won't have to sit through another winter.
Nice! Thanks guys! I love that I get to drive my dream car everyday! I don't torture my car, but I'm not afraid to use her. Here in Colorado, I can go anywhere I need to. I have Blizzaks on the stock "16 Wheels and I have 100 lbs of weights I put in the trunk in winter. If I can't get out, I shouldn't be out anyway.

Sarah has yet to go through winter with me since Whinnie was totaled in early April. But, it should not be any different since I saved the winter wheels/tires from Whinnie for Sarah.
Old 6/3/15, 06:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine is a daily, but does not get driven in the winter or any time there is salt on the roads. So mine is a summer DD. I drive it in the rain, but not if is bad where there are pools of water on the road (I spin the tires too easily in that). It is garage kept the rest of the time.
Old 6/3/15, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine is a daily driver and I wouldn't have it any other way
Old 6/3/15, 06:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by mustangray
Amen!
Old 6/3/15, 06:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangray
Old 6/4/15, 06:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyday, all year. Rain, sleet, snow, whatever. I didn't buy this car to look at it in the garage 9 months out of the year.
Old 6/4/15, 10:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mine is a daily driver, no space in the garage, so it's out in the weather all of the time unless we are on vacation. Then it takes a spot in the garage left vacant by my wife's car. My biggest complaint is keeping it clean. I park in a shell/rock parking lot at a shipyard so betwen the dust if it's dry, mud if it's raining, and paint over spray, my car gets abused quite a bit. I knew when I bought it the abuse it would be subjected to. My neighbor thinks I am a fanatic for washing it so much but normally it's just once a week before the weekend.
Old 6/4/15, 01:04 PM
GT Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I am in the minority so far at least. I am fortunate to have lots of garage space, one of the upsides to rural living. My '14 GT may someday become a daily driver, but for now it and my '72 'Cuda are sunny day cars. I have a well used, but also well maintained '01 six cyl. 5 speed Mustang that I use most of the time. All three stay in the garage when not in use. The only time the '14 GT has been out in the weather was on a recent trip to New Orleans in April. It stayed outside for a week, lots of rain coming and going on I 55. At least rain keeps the bug splatter down.
Old 6/4/15, 09:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Nice guys! I'm glad I'm not alone!

I try to wash my car as much as I can (afford). But, with the amount of rain Colorado has gotten recently, it is not cost efficient. My apartment complex has trees that are shedding yellow pollen all over my car everyday this Spring/Summer so far. So annoying!

Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
Mine is a daily driver, no space in the garage, so it's out in the weather all of the time unless we are on vacation. Then it takes a spot in the garage left vacant by my wife's car. My biggest complaint is keeping it clean. I park in a shell/rock parking lot at a shipyard so between the dust if it's dry, mud if it's raining, and paint over spray, my car gets abused quite a bit. I knew when I bought it the abuse it would be subjected to. My neighbor thinks I am a fanatic for washing it so much but normally it's just once a week before the weekend.
I am in the minority so far at least. I am fortunate to have lots of garage space, one of the upsides to rural living. My '14 GT may someday become a daily driver, but for now it and my '72 'Cuda are sunny day cars. I have a well used, but also well maintained '01 six cyl. 5 speed Mustang that I use most of the time. All three stay in the garage when not in use. The only time the '14 GT has been out in the weather was on a recent trip to New Orleans in April. It stayed outside for a week, lots of rain coming and going on I 55. At least rain keeps the bug splatter down.
Everyday, all year. Rain, sleet, snow, whatever. I didn't buy this car to look at it in the garage 9 months out of the year.
Old 6/4/15, 10:42 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
I guess I am one of the odd men out on this thread. I try to only drive mine when the weather is nice. When the snow files it is covered, parked inside, and does not come out until mid-March or later. It is always stored in my garage. This year our freaky weather has caused me to get caught in a couple of short unexpected cloud bursts. Not too happy about that, but car will survive. Did buy it to drive, not just look at. But I plan to have for a very long time and want to keep it nice. I do like it to stay clean and sharp. It is never washed in an automatic carwash.
Old 6/5/15, 05:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My '14 GT is a daily driver and my only car. Here in the sunny, dry southern Nevada desert the weather permits year around driving. It’s usually dirty with a layer of blowing dust, but receives it’s scheduled wash, clay bar and paint sealant.
Old 6/5/15, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine is a DD as well even if I had a Shelby I would drive it till the wheels fall off
Old 6/5/15, 07:14 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2011 gt that I drive year round. I have 4 snow tires and have taken it through snow many times with no issues. Some day she will be a garage queen but not till she is paid off.
Old 6/5/15, 07:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by YepItsGreen
Mine is a DD as well even if I had a Shelby I would drive it till the wheels fall off
Sweeet! So would I!
Old 6/5/15, 08:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
My 2010 GT Vert is a daily driver. I am now working 20 miles away from home so I am going back and forth with trading her in on on a Eco-boost automatic car since mine is a stick. It has not happened yet because I know once I do I will miss the V8 and Manual.

I am also not a two car type guy. I know if I get something to drive to work and stick the Mustang in the garage it will just sit there and never be used.

Last edited by SpeedCostsMoney; 6/5/15 at 08:51 AM.
Old 6/5/15, 09:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by unnoticedtrails
I'm just curious, how many of you are like me in that you have a Mustang, but it is your only car, a daily driver? You drive it year round and don't give in to weather threats? What about without a garage? I just want to know. Thanks everyone!
Dang....I'd like to know what shape your 2006 is in after years of all weather and never being garaged. Do you have any recent pictures of it? It would be interesting to know how these cars hold up after 10 years of normal use.

Last edited by Coyote5-0; 6/5/15 at 09:09 AM.

Quick Reply: How many of the TMS people are like me?